It's Me!

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

It's Me!

Postby sam042001 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:52 pm

Hi all again! Just thought I would let you know a little about me.

My real name is Sherry. I am over 25 (a woman who tells her real age will tell anything ;) ).

I am a five year old Kindergarten teacher at my church (which is Southern Baptist). The money's not that great, but the rewards and the fact I don't have to watch what I do or say is worth much more than monetary values.

I got into anime years ago through Sailor Moon. Although I did watch G Force and Voltron when I was younger, but didn't realize what it was. My favorites are Rurouni Kenshin, InuYasha, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, and that's about all. I do watch some others, but these are some I could watch anytime they were on.

I like to write. It's mostly stories and fiction, I'm not a big fan of writing poetry. I haven't really written anything in over a year. Guess I should start again :grin: . Mostly what I write is fanfictions. I haven't written anything with original characters since I finished college (over 5 years ago). I also mostly write romance and love stories. I'm a sucker for romance, even though there's little to none in my life right now (I'm a girl, sue me :P ).

I guess that's it. I did say I was Southern Baptist. I just don't agree with everything in their bylaws and other things. I believe that Christ died for us. I believe the Bible. I believe I am going to Heaven. That's what I believe.
God bless 'til next time!
Sherry "RyAnn" :hug:

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." 1 Timothy 2: 5-6

If everyone says, "I'm going to be the best [at what I do in the world] the world would be changed" - Jim Tippins (speaker at a Church Youth Camp I was a chaperone at)
sam042001

Postby Razgriz » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:04 pm

I think teachers are the most underrated, and deserve the most respect, welcome and glad you could join us!
Razgriz

Postby Rashiir » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:10 pm

Welcome!!!
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:34 pm

Glad to have another writer with us. We actually have a surprising number of authors running around here. Is your work posted anywhere on the internet?
uc pseudonym

Postby shooraijin » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:20 pm

What's wrong with over 25? ;) You can join us in the old fogeys' section, we're feeling lonely.

How big is the school you teach at?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby EireWolf » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:23 pm

[quote="sam042001"](a woman who tells her real age will tell anything ]

I'm 27. Now ask me something else... mwuhahahaha.... :evil:

(Shoo, what do you mean, "old fogeys?") :eyebrow:

Welcome, Sherry! :lick:
EireWolf

Postby Saint » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:27 pm

Welcome. :) Hope you enjoy yourself here.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Technomancer » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:29 pm

Welcome aboard.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby shooraijin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:18 am

> I got into anime years ago through Sailor Moon. Although I did watch G Force and Voltron when I was younger, but didn't realize what it was.

Hey, I just noticed! There's another Voltron fan here! I'm really considering tracking it down on DVD, because I remember it as a kid too. ("And I'll form ... the head!")

My baby sister (this is my term of endearment for her, since she's 24) got started on Sailor Moon, also. I keep telling her to sign up over here.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby sam042001 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:51 am

[quote="shooraijin"]What's wrong with over 25? ]

Nothing wrong with over 25. Proud of it actually.

I have only 7 students in my class. Of course the K5 classes are smaller than the youngers.
God bless 'til next time!
Sherry "RyAnn" :hug:

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." 1 Timothy 2: 5-6

If everyone says, "I'm going to be the best [at what I do in the world] the world would be changed" - Jim Tippins (speaker at a Church Youth Camp I was a chaperone at)
sam042001

Postby Rashiir » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:51 am

It's okay, Pete, that's what I thought the first couple hundred times i read it. :)
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Return to Who's Who