Intro // new member

If you're new to CAA, we invite you to tell us about yourself here. This is the place to post your own bio or read up on other members. Be as in depth as you like!

Intro // new member

Postby Animom » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:16 pm

I am a strange duck in this place. But as a mom of two young adults who love anime, I have become interested in this fascinating form of thoughtful entertainment.

My son is 20 and my daughter is 22. (I also have two other children: a son 14 and a daughter 32). You can see I am OLD! I've been a Christian for 40 years.

I have watched some of the videos including: LAIN, Area 88, Grave of the Fireflies, Kiki: The Delivery Service, and some of Fruits Basket and Crest of the Stars.

Lain fascinated me. I've only watched it once, but plan to study it further. I liked Kiki (accepting the 'witch' idea with some resistance). Grave of the Fireflies was very sad and touched on the tragedy for the Japanese of war. Some of the scores from Anime are so very beautiful I really enjoy the music.

I must admit to having some doubts about Anime and Manga, as acceptable for my children. On the other hand, the art work, music and many of the anime works are so beautiful and challenging.

This is a fascinating place. I hope to learn much and possibly contribute a bit too.

ANIMOM
Animom

Postby Michael » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:19 pm

Welcome. I hope there is something here to help you.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:37 pm

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!
Razgriz

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:44 pm

Hello. You are not completly alone in your age bracket, and we are putting together a composite of christian anime reviews. It will be ready approx whenever the mods get around to it.

ROUND TUIT.

There. They have no excuses. Oh sure, they're gonna say, "But I have school." But really, who of use that have graduated ever really learned ANYTHING from school. Except for those of us who have gone to graduate work, well, even some of... Oh no, here come the MODS! Aaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!

No not the.... $#@!%@% No Carrier.
Mithrandir

Postby majanthehun » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:45 pm

*jumps for joy* you are a mom who likes anime? in my world you are a true rareity. i think i shall refer MY mom to this thread. you guys might have some meaningful conversations.
Lord, I don't know where this is going,
Or how this all works out
Lead me to peace that is past understanding
A peace beyond all doubt

-Newsboys "Lord (I don't know)"
majanthehun

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:11 pm

Welcome, welcome! It will be great to hear your perspective on some of the topics here! :)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:12 pm

Welcome to CAA!
Link Antilles

Postby blue elf » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:20 pm

Hey!! Welcome to the group! I wish my mom was into anime. *sigh*
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby shooraijin » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:22 pm

Hajimemashite!
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mimichan » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:31 pm

HI...I hope you like it here. WELCOME^_^

"Why do people not notice until they lose it?
What it is that's truly important...
Although I can't afford to forgive even myself,
Because you were there,
I was able to be myself (Natural).
I want to be honest...I want to be kind...
I want to be the adult I once (in my childhood) longed to be.
I go on fighting against the heart to run away...
I go on fighting against that invisible something!"
---

True Navigation: Two MIX
Mimichan

Postby EireWolf » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:17 pm

Welcome, Mom! :lick:

I loved "Lain" too. Weird, but interesting. I haven't yet seen any of the others you mentioned, except I think one episode of Crest of the Stars.

Have you seen any other Miyazake films? Like "My Neighbor Totoro," "Spirited Away," and "Laputa, Castle in the Sky"? All wonderful movies. :) Spirited Away was a little weird, but wonderful anyway.
EireWolf

Postby Spiritsword » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:28 pm

Hi, animom. That's great that you've come to CAA. Hope you have fun and learn a lot here.

Originally posted by oldphilosopher:
ROUND TUIT.

:lol: When I was in Jr. High our teacher led this Zig Zigler curriculum, and one part of it was where we were supposed to get a "round tuit", this little wooden coin, so that we could never use the excuse "when I get around to it" again. But she was two short, so we had to pick numbers, and I was one of the two who never got a round tuit. So I could continue to use that excuse for some time, until I finally bought a special Superman "round tuit" in Metropolis, IL a few years back. Metropilis is the official home of Superman , of course. Illinois is also the home of Popeye (Chester, IL). Boy, am I ever off on a tangent. That sort of thing tends to happen around here, animom. You'll get used tuit.
Spiritsword

Return to Who's Who