Shrek 2...^^

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Shrek 2...^^

Postby PotBelliedCow » Tue May 18, 2004 8:04 pm

Couldn't help but post a thread on this...

Shrek 2's coming out Wednesday (that is, tomorrow). Anybody excited about this? Heheh...personally I loved the first one with all the fairy tale parodies...I might see it on Thursday afterschool^^

So...eh...your thoughts?

Eh? :eh:
PotBelliedCow

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:19 pm

yeah im excited about it too!! i cant wait i think im suppose to get paid tomorrow im not sure though i asked one of my bosses and he said he doesnt know they dont even have checks made out yet...so i dont know i might not be going to see it...maybe ill go this weekend with mom and dad... can always rely on them to pay for stuff like that
ssj2gohan61

Postby madphilb » Wed May 19, 2004 1:59 am

I've got Wed/Thurs off from work, I'm planning on going to one of the earlier showings, between 12-1 I hope... it's supposed to be really good, my local paper was listing it as the best sequal ever made (or something like that).
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Inferno » Wed May 19, 2004 4:59 am

I can't wait to see it eather! I loved the first one, it was hilarious! :lol:
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 19, 2004 5:47 am

I quite enjoyed the satirical tone of the first, and I certainly hope the second follows the same trend. At worst it would fall to the stupid-sequel syndrome, but I trust the creators enough that they may not do this.
uc pseudonym

Postby JediSonic » Wed May 19, 2004 6:00 am

y'know, uc, big words and uncommon grammar can take the fun out of anything :eh:
:lol: jk

Anyway I want to see shrek 2 as well because the commercials made it look really good!

PiB: "Beg fer mercy fram -- PUSS! .. In boots.:cool:"
Donkey: "Sorry but the position of annoying talking animal has already been taken!"

The best part in the commercial though was donkey making that annoying noise and driving Shrek berzerk in the chariot! :lol: cracks me up every time when I hear shrek go "ARRGGH!!" at the end of the preview!
JediSonic

Postby Rain_drop » Wed May 19, 2004 6:51 am

Awe, i luv shrek!! can't wait till the next one comes out. But the firsts are always the best...th second prolly won't be as good. *sigh* but I'm still excited.
:dance: I luv Banana Blob ^_^

Image yay!!
Rain_drop

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 19, 2004 10:23 am

From what I have heard of the plot, Fiona's parents meet Shrek, not in the most positive way. Furthermore, it turns out she was pledged to marry someone else...

Meaning, you had this coming.

JediSonic wrote:y'know, uc, big words and uncommon grammar can take the fun out of anything :eh:

OMG! Sherk is teh R00X3RS!
uc pseudonym

Postby JediSonic » Wed May 19, 2004 12:20 pm

@|-| Y3@|-| 7|-|@+`5 \/\/|-|@+ 1`/\/\ 72||<1|\|' @B0|_|7 oneoneone :rock: :thumb: :lol:
JediSonic

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed May 19, 2004 1:14 pm

Translation for none l33t individuals: Ah yeah that's what I'm talking about.

So, now... do we have anything to say on topic?
uc pseudonym

Postby madphilb » Wed May 19, 2004 5:35 pm

Saw the movie today... and basically this is one of those movies where the 2nd movie is better than the 1st.

The artwork has been improved (just at bit at least), and the story was great.

The movie had a good pace, it didn't leave you clock watching or anything, and it's got a bit of everything in it, action, comedy (lots of laughts), romance.... must see movie if you liked the 1st one.

And John Clease does the voice of Fiona's Father.... what more could you want? ;)

Now why are you reading this and not out seeing this movie?!?!?!?!?
PHIL

madphilb

Postby MasterDias » Wed May 19, 2004 7:13 pm

It's been awhile since I've seen the first one but, yeah, I do want to see Shrek 2 somewhat.

Many of the fairy tale/fantasy spoofs in the first one were quite funny.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby PotBelliedCow » Wed May 19, 2004 8:12 pm

madphilb wrote:Now why are you reading this and not out seeing this movie?!?!?!?!?

That's b/c I'm seeing it tomorrow...instead of studying for my history test :hits_self

PotBelliedCow

Postby glitch1501 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:35 pm

[quote="madphilb"]Saw the movie today... and basically this is one of those movies where the 2nd movie is better than the 1st.

The artwork has been improved (just at bit at least), and the story was great.

The movie had a good pace, it didn't leave you clock watching or anything, and it's got a bit of everything in it, action, comedy (lots of laughts), romance.... must see movie if you liked the 1st one.

And John Clease does the voice of Fiona's Father.... what more could you want? ]

im going on friday, was it the times or the tribune that said it was the best?

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu May 20, 2004 5:07 am

I am glad to hear it's good, though we'll see when (or if) I see it in theaters.
uc pseudonym

Postby JediSonic » Thu May 20, 2004 5:36 am

I think I'll have a good chance of getting to see this one in theaters... especially since I keep nagging my mom about wanting to see it and jumped on her this morning with a newspaper review that called it "every bit as funny and imaginative as the first" and asserted that the movie had "a heart bigger than any movie screen can contain". in other words, it is supposed to be better than #1 :grin:
JediSonic

Postby Ashley » Thu May 20, 2004 6:25 pm

I just saw it this afternoon, and yes, it was worthy of being a sequel to the first one. About darn time they make a decent sequel! I did find the fairy-tale allusions a bit quicker in this one. Yeah they exist, but it satirizes/parallels more of the real world (cough stores cough) and movies. That was my one slight disappointment.

I wouldn't say the story is AS entertaining as the first, but it wasn't bad either. Overall I guess it was a fairly good movie.
Ashley

Postby madphilb » Thu May 20, 2004 6:34 pm

It was the St. Petersburg Times that had the article..... click here to read it (beware, thar be spoilers ahead me thinks):

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/05/18/Floridian/_Shrek_2___Ogre_the_r.shtml

at least till the page expires from the site.

The lead-in for the article reads like this:

It's a rare sequel that makes all your dreams come true: The jokes are funnier. The animation is better. Most important, the story develops fresh plot lines.

I knew it was going to be good, seeing that in my paper Tuesday morning only re-inforced my belief (and I didn't even read the whole article).
PHIL

madphilb

Postby PotBelliedCow » Thu May 20, 2004 6:36 pm

Yea I saw it too...I was kinda surprised, since there was no one in the theater (duh, it was Thursday afternoon, but my theater is usually always crowded), but it was fun. The movie was a decent sequel, and what my friends thought was going to be a stupid movie was actually quite the opposite...they were laughing the whole time. So yea, I guess it was a good movie.

PotBelliedCow

Postby SwordSkill » Sun May 23, 2004 2:23 am

Watched it earlier. Cinema was packed.

"Pray for mercy from PUSS!...in Boots."

I love that little feline. XD

There's a rumor going around that Shrek supposedly is going to be in 4 parts.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby glitch1501 » Sun May 23, 2004 5:32 am

i watched it, it was good, but i liked the first one better, there were a few very funny parts

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby JediSonic » Fri May 28, 2004 1:31 pm

I saw it today.

It was sortof touching and very hilarious!! Puss in boots was great.

There is probably more crude humor in this one than in the last one so be forwarned.
JediSonic

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 30, 2004 5:44 am

More crude humor? That's unusual to hear... most reviews I have read said there was less. I would imagine, however, that different definitions of crude are in use, and I will take a Christian opinion over a secular one.
uc pseudonym

Postby JediSonic » Sun May 30, 2004 10:52 am

Well I havent seen the first one in a while but my mom walked out saying something like "I'm kinda dissappointed with the amount of bad stuff in that movie.. I dont feel like I just saw a shrek movie". So I thought about that for a while and I think this one has more. Of course, just like in the first one half of it is implied so that innocent little kids wont know whats going on :lol: Also something that really bothered my mom I think is a scene where Puss does something that cats naturally do, but some people may see the scene as being gross while others might not. Thats all I want to say about it or everyone would see it the first way :sweat:

The plot itself is much more original and you might say heartwarming than that of the previous film, so maybe the review you read was referring to that?

Also, I think there's less profanity in this second one though ^^
JediSonic

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 30, 2004 11:40 am

I saw it yesterday, and I loved it!
[spoiler]When they found the cat nip on Puss in Boots was my favorite part. But I will never think of Pinnochio in the same way ever, ever again...[/spoiler]
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby wolfwoodlover45 » Sun May 30, 2004 11:51 am

shrek 2 is the best movie that i have seen in a while...(except for the rundown... but that is only b/c of seann william scott :drool: ...oh sorry) neways ... me and my friends went to go see it and we were all laughing really hard... i think some of th ppl in the theater go a little upset...j/k...yah...good times..good times... :dizzy:
wolfwoodlover45

Postby firestorm » Sun May 30, 2004 11:53 am

AngelSakura wrote:I saw it yesterday, and I loved it!
[spoiler]When they found the cat nip on Puss in Boots was my favorite part. But I will never think of Pinnochio in the same way ever, ever again...[/spoiler]
I agree AngelSakura, but you must agree Gingerbread man and Pinochio rocked in some of the other parts. they played the chemistry between those two well. As well as the other characters

[spoiler] 2 of my favorite parts were the medieval meal (look at the prince at that part for those who haven't seen it.) and when the cat falls off the horse Donkey and "curses" at them in Spanish. lol "Carne con papa!" means meat with frenchfries!!!!!! [/spoiler]
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Heart of Sword » Mon May 31, 2004 4:54 pm

I just saw it. It was soooooo funny! At the end, be sure to stay after they show the main cast's pictures, there's a special with Donkey and Dragon. ^^x *laughs*
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby madphilb » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:51 pm

I broke my own rule about not leaving till the credits where over and missed the thing at the end... almost makes me want to go see it again just for that (and the fact that it's a killer movie).
PHIL

madphilb

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:48 pm

I saw it last week end and I thought it was great.

Just to get you guys opinions:
Was the "ugly step-sister" in the bar a cross-dresser or just a REALLY ugly woman? I'm curious because me, my girl cousin, and my two older guy cousins went to see it, and the guys insisted it was a cross-dresser while I and my girl cousin didn't think that was true. Just wondering. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Next

Return to General Entertainment