Movies that made you cry

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ZiP » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:27 am

Definatly the movie Dumb and Dumber. . . so sad :P:P
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Kat Walker » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:03 am

No movie has ever choked my up the way the Land Before Time did. I couldn't take it when I was 5 years old, I still can't listen to "When we hold on together" without getting depressed (in fact, I think it's the melancholy score that effectuates so many strong emotions). It's impossible for me to enjoy that movie. ;_; I think I've managed to sit through it once or twice without getting too teary, but with difficulty. Not to mention the fact that the 10 cheesy kiddie sequels they've made never brought any extra character development or closure regarding Littlefoot's mom, which did not help me feel any better about it.

Other movies that have made me cry:
The Passion of the Christ - The pain on his face during the scouging scene just broke my heart.
Moulin Rouge - Man, talk about a killjoy ending.
The Saiya-jin saga - Come on, it was going to take like 3 whole seasons for Piccolo to come back to life!
Kat Walker

Postby SManBeyond » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:07 am

The Passion of the Christ, Grave of the Fireflies, and LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring [SPOILER](when Boromir died)[/SPOILER]...
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:18 am

Whoa...how did I miss this thread...

I sob every time I see Moulin Rouge, even though at the very beginning, you know the ending is gonna be sad. And I've seen it about 15000 times. Still bawl every time though.

Return of the King made me shed a few tears several times because the imagery and such overflowed with emotion. Mostly toward the end of the movie.

When I was little, The Land Before Time made me cry. Also, The Lion King, the first time I saw it.

This isn't a movie, but there was this one part in Fullmetal Alchemist that made me sob for like 10 minutes. ; _ ;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kat Walker » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:20 am

LOTR: TROTK (how's that for an acronym?) made me cry too, but because it was a happy, ultimately satisfying ending for once.
Kat Walker

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:00 pm

closest ive come to crying was the first time i watched john q.

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Scribs » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:21 pm

I didn't cry but Beauty and the Beast scared me pretty bad!

The Only movie I recall crying after was Grave of the Fireflies (It wasn't really crying but my eyes were distinctly damp) :sniffle:
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:53 pm

well, I'm with piloswine with the whole beauty and the beast thing. :wow!: Ya, those wolves :o :red:
I don't cry at most movies :shake: but I definately almost did at Life is Beautiful. :sweat: Quite touching it was :brow:
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:17 pm

Movies that made me cry:

Homeward Bound - when I watched this I was about 7, and I bawled near the end when I thought Shadow died.
What Dreams May Come
The Passion of the Christ
A Beautiful Mind
Fluke
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:35 pm

I don't cry when watching movies but here are the three:

Lion King, (I saw that when I was eight or so and it made me sad when Simba's dad died)
Hangman's Curse
The Passion of the Christ
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby agasfas » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:44 pm

The closest i've come to crying was when i watched:
1)Grave of the Fireflies
2)Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (The enternity you wish for) - very emotional. THough i'm not into ramance genres but this is different. It's 14eps long.
Not spolier: Takayuki starts dating Haruka, 2nd episode the Haruka (the girl friend) gets hit by a car and is put into a coma for 3yrs. When she wakes up Takayuki is now dating Haruka's best friend Mizuki. The series in it's self is outstanding! It's a good drama and it's a real tear jerker, espically the last episode. And the ending isn't predictable at all. I never cry and this almost made me. Check it out.
Reviews:
http://animetempy.com/reviews/HIJK/kimi_ga_nozomu_eien.htm
agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:15 am

agasfas wrote: 2)Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (The enternity you wish for) - very emotional. THough i'm not into ramance genres but this is different. It's 14eps long.
Not spolier: Takayuki starts dating Haruka, 2nd episode the Haruka (the girl friend) gets hit by a car and is put into a coma for 3yrs. When she wakes up Takayuki is now dating Haruka's best friend Mizuki. The series in it's self is outstanding! It's a good drama and it's a real tear jerker, espically the last episode. And the ending isn't predictable at all. I never cry and this almost made me. Check it out.

That one was on my "check out" list after I read a story synopsis a few months ago, however I took it off once I realized that it was based on an H-game. But I'm curious. With a hentai as the original work that it's based on, how clean is it?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:36 pm

ANN rates it mature (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2570 ) ... awfully suspicious given its roots.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Jaltus-bot » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:13 pm

Over 10 years ago I cannot recall. Since then, the last time I saw The Little Princess on TV a few years back I cried a little. When I saw The Passion of the Christ in a theater, I sat there with tears rolling down my face trying not to start sobbing uncontrollably. What a movie! How much Christ went through. I'm glad I saw it.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby agasfas » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:00 pm

With a hentai as the original work that it's based on, how clean is it?

Although im not much into drama series I will admit it's a good series, but there are some sex scence/Brief nudity. In all honesty, I was also very reluctant in watching this series b/c of its h-game background. I will admit it's not for everyone, but it's a good drama. Sex, you really don't see anything but the outlined body. I don't think it glorifies teen sex, but more or less in my opinion shows that every thing has its consequences. I would say that for being clean it's most likely 3/10 because of the couple sex scenes, but nothing explicit. But the story behind it is really good and really emotional.
But hey, if y'all want another tear jerker in it's place i would recommend "Grave of the Fireflies," that movie is nothing short of a masterpiece and is okay for every type of audience.
----------------------------------------------

agasfas

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:12 am

Let's get back to movies, folks.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:42 am

Fellowship Of The Ring (I've cried many times watching Gandalf die...)
Return Of The King (the first time I saw it)
October Sky
Passion Of The Christ (that one was a doosey)
Almost cried at the end of Gundam 0080
and a few more I can't recall right now...

It was so funny when I saw crying with joy when watching ROTK, cause everybody else was just like, what the heck is their problem??
Ichigo_89

Postby Madeline » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:33 pm

Somewhere in Time.
A really sad movie...sci-fi/romance.
Actually, my dad was the one who cried...but I was pretty close to tears. ^_^
Madeline

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:29 am

The only movie that made me cry was The Fast and the Furious and Too Fast Too Furious.

The cars were destroyed!!!!!!!!!!! How could you ruin that charger, how?!?!?!?
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:27 pm

The acting in that movie could make someone cry.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:15 am

XD Too true, there, Yojimbo!!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:06 pm

upon reflection I did tear up at the scene in two towers where theoden is talking to gandalf at his sons grave about how "no parent should have to bury their child." Ya, that sorta gets me if i think about it. Plus i thought (even thought it was a little overacted) it was proformed very convincingly and really reached out to the audience (i guess)
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Gypsy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:34 pm

Madeline wrote:Somewhere in Time.
A really sad movie...sci-fi/romance.
Actually, my dad was the one who cried...but I was pretty close to tears. ^_^

Oh, I liked that movie! It never made me cry, but it was very sad.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Previous

Return to General Entertainment