The Star of Chaos (Warhammer)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Star of Chaos (Warhammer)

Postby SpaceCowboy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am

I am a huge fan of the 40k universe: tabletop, video games, books... which brings me to the point here: I was looking around the Internet for some lore ("fluff"), and since I tought it looked really cool, I typed in "Chaos Symbol".
Wikipedia and a bunch of other sites pop up, saying it is an occult symbol of evil occultism and has even ties to Aleister Crowley himself.
The thing is, last time I checked, it had been created by Michael Moorcock, a famous sci-fi/fantasy writer, with no ties whatsoever to this kind of things.

So, can anyone shed some light on this? Can I keep playing safely or am I about to open a portal to Hell?
SpaceCowboy

Re: The Star of Chaos (Warhammer)

Postby shooraijin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Without getting into discussions of divination or magick, which I'd consider out of bounds as a moderator, there are many eight pointed star shapes and their resemblance to any other 8-point design is almost certainly coincidental, including Crowley's.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Re: The Star of Chaos (Warhammer)

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:35 am

The only similarity I've been aware of is to the moorcock star, since they basically nicked it from him.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to General Entertainment