Giant Robot Duel. For Realz.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Giant Robot Duel. For Realz.

Postby Peanut » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 am

This has been an interesting summer for robot combat. Not only did Battlebots return after a 13 year absence from TV, but the USA has challenged Japan to a Giant Robot duel. Yep. A Real Giant Robot duel. Like in the movies and animes. This is actually a thing that will be happening next year. I'll just leave this link here for those who want to support Team USA on Kickstarter. And you should because by supporting them you'll be supporting this actually happening and no one getting hurt.
Peanut

Re: Giant Robot Duel. For Realz.

Postby Kaori » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:39 pm

水道橋重工の動画格好いいなあ! (The Japanese reply video is really cool!)

Thanks for posting these--I laughed so hard I cried. Especially loved the part where he said it's really culturally American to think that it's fine if you just make something huge and stick a gun on it.

Will be rooting for Japan, but in the meantime, for everyone's viewing pleasure, here's the English version of Suidobashi Heavy Industry's How to Ride Kuratas video tutorial.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Re: Giant Robot Duel. For Realz.

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:31 pm

G Gundam was so great.

I love the Battletech/Mechwarrior look to the American one, less Gundam and more VOTOMS. Make it look like it's going to survive an actual battle and not just look pretty (though the American flag paint job might take a bit away from that, all is forgiven with patriotism).
Davidizer13

Return to General Entertainment