Does anyone know the content of these Korean shows?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Does anyone know the content of these Korean shows?

Postby DecooPunk » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Okay, First off, I really hope I am not breaking any rules. I tried to find a movie recommendation/tv show thread and I couldn't' and this didn't really fit with anime... So I made this. I thought that this would be the best place to ask, since I think I remember a fair amount of people on here watching Korean stuff.

So, on to my question.
Just how clean are these shows?
City Hunter
Faith (The great Doctor)
Boys Over Flowers
Rooftop Prince

Is there anything worse than people kissing? Is there homosexuality? Are there numerous inappropriate jokes? Are any very gory or violent? Are any of them R rated?
DecooPunk

Re: Does anyone know the content of these Korean shows?

Postby alma » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:41 am

I personally have watched Korean dramas and I find them all quite PG-13, or TV-14.
I completed watching Boys over Flowers, which I really enjoyed. The other titles you mentioned I am not familiar with them. But as I investigated online they are also PG-13 rating.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby courtliza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:05 am

DecooPunk wrote:Okay, First off, I really hope I am not breaking any rules. I tried to find a movie recommendation/tv show thread and I couldn't' and this didn't really fit with anime... So I made this. I thought that this would be the best place to ask, since I think I remember a fair amount of people on here watching Korean stuff.

So, on to my question.
Just how clean are these shows?
City Hunter
Faith (The great Doctor)
Boys Over Flowers
Rooftop Prince

Is there anything worse than people kissing? Is there homosexuality? Are there numerous inappropriate jokes? Are any very gory or violent? Are any of them R rated?

No K-drama I've ever watched has been R-rated or had the content of an R-rated movie. In general K-dramas have less inappropriate content than most other shows. I've heard Faith is really good, but I haven't seen it yet. Boys Over Flowers is harmless for the most part.
courtliza

Postby Cianter » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Are you a Lee Min Ho fan or is that just coincidence? As a self proclaimed K-drama veteran (heheh) I can attest to the absolute pure and innocent nature of most all K-dramas (There are always exceptions though) Korea is a much more innocent culture and you won't find much of the raunchiness in dramas that you will in shows from other countries. I've seen both Faith (my name, haha) and Boys Over Flowers and they're both amazing and completely clean. I started City Hunter and as far as I saw there was nothing, but tbh I didn't make it far, too many other dramas I wanted to watch. There was a bit of blood at the beginning, but I don't think I've ever actually seen, like, "gore" in K-dramas. Good luck on you K-drama adventures!
Cianter

Postby artisticDreamer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:33 pm

My mom, my siblings, and I watched Rooftop Prince, and hated it. There's nothing wrong about it except for mains who become more and more stupid as the shows go on. -_- It really isn't worth anyone's time.

The other three are good, though.
artisticDreamer

Return to General Entertainment