If you could pick three comic book heroes to have their own TV show who would you pick and why?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

If you could pick three comic book heroes to have their own TV show who would you pick and why?

Postby Never thirsty! » Mon May 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Manga counts and if the comic is about a team of heroes that counts as 1 series
I'd say there should be a show for G-man, a show for Chakra the invincible(even though he draws his power from demonic sources), and Ghost Rider (even though he basically is a demon) he has a flaming motorcycle that's taking something cliche(bike with flames on it) and making it literal.
Never thirsty!

Re: If you could pick three comic book heroes to have their own TV show who would you pick and why?

Postby nillapoet » Mon May 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Raven like the one portrayed in Teen Titans. Ninja Turtles, like the original comics. And an Aquaman show where he is the butt of all the jokes. A main character that all the supporting characters think is lame.
nillapoet

Re: If you could pick three comic book heroes to have their own TV show who would you pick and why?

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:13 pm

I would not be averse to watching a show featuring J. Jonah Jameson doing J. Jonah Jameson things.
Davidizer13

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 am

Davidizer13 wrote:I would not be averse to watching a show featuring J. Jonah Jameson doing J. Jonah Jameson things.

YESSSSS.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Never thirsty! » Tue May 06, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm pretty sure I said HEROES and if this was not clear supporting HERO characters I didn't say it so it's fine for the previous posts but from this post forward no more civilian supporting characters if you didn't want batman but wanted Bruce Wayne or the much cooler batman beyond batman whose name currently evades me that's fine he isn't a hero but he has an alter ego as a hero so if you wanted a show about a hero's civilian life that's acceptable
Never thirsty!

Postby LastLfan » Mon May 12, 2014 7:46 pm

What defines a hero? Commisioner Gordon isn't a super hero but he gets a pretty sweet looking show. Anywho to amswer the question, lets get a live action silver surfer series going in the style of the new comic run that kinda feels like a doctor who kinda show cause I would love to see surfer done right with all his philosophy and such. Second, MAKE A NIGHTWING SPINOFF OF ARROW, this one may not happen if Nightwing is in man of steel two andthe show but end up too similar to arrow, but who wouldn't want to see little robin all grown up fighting crime. Third avengers acadamy. With abc doing a bunch of stuff on marvel this should be a goal of theirs. They could introduce it as an arc in agents of shield where they are training the next team of avengers. Do this after the ant-man movie so they can have Hank Pym as a teacher. I would love to see them introduce hazmat, Justin and his sentinal, and reptil. Us they could do other teen superheros not just the ones from the comic. Welp there you go, my top three. I only asked the hero question cause if Gordan counted, i would have also included things like Nick Fury, Colonel Trevor, and Amanda waller, potenially giving her her own suicide squad show
LastLfan

Postby Kilvakar » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:22 pm

As an actual Aquaman fan, I'd like to see a show about him. Something along the lines of Smallville. A Flash series would be awesome as well!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby LastLfan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:21 pm

If you don't want to watch the 80's flash show the new one starts this fall on cw, funny you should mention aquaman, they almost made an aquaman spinoff out of smallville, you can still find the pilot
LastLfan

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Never thirsty! wrote:I'm pretty sure I said HEROES and if this was not clear supporting HERO characters I didn't say it so it's fine for the previous posts but from this post forward no more civilian supporting characters if you didn't want batman but wanted Bruce Wayne or the much cooler batman beyond batman whose name currently evades me that's fine he isn't a hero but he has an alter ego as a hero so if you wanted a show about a hero's civilian life that's acceptable

Last time I checked, in the Spiderman newspaper comic, Jameson was flying around in Iron Man's suit, attempting to do the good deeds that Spidey won't. This is because newspaper Spiderman is certifiably insane, but I'm sure that qualifies JJJ as a hero...somehow. Right?
Davidizer13

Postby radical edward » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 am

Captain Marvel/Shazam--he had a short-lived show in the 80's, but I think he deserves another chance.
Power Pack--a family of super-powered kids that ran in Marvel comics in the 80's with a few revivals.
Green Lantern--I HATED seeing that show go.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:08 am

Davidizer13 wrote:I would not be averse to watching a show featuring J. Jonah Jameson doing J. Jonah Jameson things.

I approve of this notion.
Never thirsty! wrote:I'm pretty sure I said HEROES and if this was not clear supporting HERO characters I didn't say it so it's fine for the previous posts but from this post forward no more civilian supporting characters if you didn't want batman but wanted Bruce Wayne or the much cooler batman beyond batman whose name currently evades me that's fine he isn't a hero but he has an alter ego as a hero so if you wanted a show about a hero's civilian life that's acceptable

Whatever man I do what I want!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 pm

On one side, you have people driven by all-consuming obsessions, forcing their lives to revolve around a single gimmick or theme, and in the absence of even the most basic of proper mental care, they must tragically turn to a life of crime in order to satisfy those compulsions in ever more megalomanaical ways rather than get the help they so desperately need. Their support networks are absent or barely there, meaning nobody will be there to prod them into getting that help or committing them for their own good, and so they continue to be a burden (or even a menace) to society.

On the other side, you have others, who, thanks to a lucky incident at the local nuclear lab, or their wealth, or their knowledge, gain some supernatural power, and feel they must impose their new supposed superiority on the first group, through vigilantism in the name of law and order. Rather than helping the former through their conditions, they choose to dress up in colorful costumes, beat them to a pulp, and drop them in jail, depriving them of the due process which is their right under the law no matter their crimes.

I ask you, which of these are the real "heroes," and which the real "villains?"
Davidizer13

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:27 am

Maybe once they get some more issues under it's belt, Khamela Ms. Marvel.
Madame Mirage if they can get Dni to do the conversion for what would amount to a miniseries.
Miniseries of the nextWave team special.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm

All I want is a Deadpool show. He's easily the most hilarious superhero in history.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Kilvakar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:21 pm

@ LastFan: Wow, I didn't know about the new Flash series, that's awesome!

I heard about the planned spin-off for Aquaman, too bad it didn't take off. Smallville was a great show!
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:10 am

Nightwing maybe coming to season three of Arrow. I can say that I'm glad Arrow series is nothing like Smallville. Smallville was good to a point and then it went kind of boring later in the series.

I think, if the Fox Gotham series and the Agent Carter limit run series does well. Then I think we will see more comic book TV series.

There is talk about Fox doing series on least know Xmen comic. One that they like to do is another and better version of Generation X series and no way make it look like that crappy TV movie plot back in the 90's that they did.
Roy Mustang

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Roy Mustang wrote:Nightwing maybe coming to season three of Arrow. I can say that I'm glad Arrow series is nothing like Smallville. Smallville was good to a point and then it went kind of boring later in the series.

I was going to say nightwing, so that's perfect that someone's suggested it already (though... I was thinking a cartoon, but I'm just as happy with LA as long as they don't mess it up, but Marvel LA seems to be doing a decent job.

SincerelyAnomymous wrote:All I want is a Deadpool show. He's easily the most hilarious superhero in history.

I like Deadpool in anything he's a supporting character to, but if you've ever seen him in his own series, it's super gory, inappropriate, and vulgar, so I'm not into him as a main.

I'd love to see Spider-man, but i always want a new Spider-man thing, but I want it done right, and a LATV series, not another cartoon, one's airing at the moment, and they'd likely cancel one or the other. (Maybe even using Miles Morals, that would be interesting to see the movie watchers freak out)

I guess my third one would be like... A GOOD Fantastic four series. Again, live action or not, they would be sweet to have on the screen again. And add their second team in, so we get the whole group

So... Nightwing, Spider-Man (as Miles Morals and maybe live action), and Fantastic Four + the Future Foundation, seeing Medusa's hair on a live action series would be CRAZY
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby LastLfan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Is anyone watching the ismahawk nightwing web series? It's actually pretty good for a fan project and I think it just proves a nightwing show would be good.
LastLfan

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:00 am

If three for their own series - I'd pick:
- Mitchell Hundre (Ex Machina) - Do this like the comic series Ex Machina where it goes back & forth between his time as a super hero (The Great Machine) and as Mayor of NYC.
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) - All the Lanterns are dead due to the insanity of Hal Jordan. One ring falls to Earth and choses Kyle Rayner. Seeing him rebuild the Corp, adapt into his role as a superhero. Could be great.
- Rorschach - Seeing him pre-Watchmen would be interesting. Before the events unfold, seeing him descend further into craziness while still trying to protect people would be interesting. Could get a little too dark.
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Return to General Entertainment