Korra Season 2

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Korra Season 2

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:43 am

Here's a trailer for you because awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ftLm52V1y0
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Re: Korra Season 2

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:27 am

Well, finally. I was beginning to worry all the staff were kidnapped or something. Anyways, glad to see this is up and running again. They'd better have more Iroh, or I'm gonna be mad.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Yeah, I thought maybe season 2 had been cancelled after all, it's been so long in coming.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Lynna » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:13 pm

XD I was wondering when someone would make a thread on this! (Don't look at me: I was too lazy) I am so hyped, even though the first season really didn't live up to my expectations. Still, I can hope that this one will be better, and I do. I hope we get to see some serious character development in this next season, that the story won't be ruined by a clumsy love triangle, and that the story actually lives up to it's potential. The trailer is awesome, though :)
Lynna

Postby LastLfan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:14 pm

Its finally here.woohoo. I can't wait to see if they do any further "special bending" such as metal, blood, and sweat bending. It really adds an element of mystery as to how far this new form goes. That and I can't wait to see who the younger version of a character he know will be. Hoping amon but given its a female actor i'm predicting its Bei-Fong.
LastLfan

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:13 am

I've seen adds for this on TV, but oh my gosh, this trailer is so cool! X3 I can hardly wait for the new season to come out!
Banana Lobster

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Legend of Korra returns tomorrow! :dance: (Haha, dancing banana XD)
Banana Lobster

Postby Vilo159 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:11 am

Well, finally. I'm not super hyped, just because the first season was pretty bad, but it'll be interesting. The plot actually looks pretty decent.
Vilo159

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:57 am

Watched the premier, had mixed feelings. Certain characters were annoying (coughKorracough), one accomplishment seemed too easy, and I dislike not having any clue how this whole spirit-fixing thing is going to work. I assume that will change as we learn more, but the show feels rather aimless to me right now. It's still nice to be back in Avatar land, though.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, however, you would think that after being really terrible about how they made Korra/Mako happen, the two could just be pleasantly lovey-dovey now that they're together instead of bickering stupidly. :< This show has a toxic relationship with my shipper heart. B-b-but maybe if I love it enough, it'll change! ;_;

Second-most importantly, there was a painful lack of Tahno. :<
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:04 pm

I'ma just say, Korra is the worst girlfriend ever. She's honestly a really annoying character. Also, is it just me or has the dialogue gotten... bad? I felt no emotional investment and the humor fell flat.

Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what do you want to be that Korra's uncle was the reason the spirit attacked the southern water tribe?

Can't watch episode 2 right now. Stupid not streaming to Japan. :(
Yuki-Anne

Postby John_Smith » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Fail DVR! Epic Fail! *sighs* Thankfully Nick has the episodes online, abet with terrible quality.
I think the episode set the plot well enough. I did think the dialogue was a bit weird, but that's also a common problem in the first acts of just about any kind of story.

Yuki-Anne wrote:Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what do you want to be that Korra's uncle was the reason the spirit attacked the southern water tribe?

Nice theory. I was wondering if SPOILER: Highlight text to read: he himself was the one calling them up. In any case, does anyone else think that their going the 'need balance between the new and tradition' route? So Korra will have enemies on both sides? I mean, during that dinner, supporting the uncle did seem a much better option then the penguins. (Not that there's anything wrong with penguins).
Anyway, the biggest question in my mind (from E2) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: is who the heck was the statue that Jinora was looking at?

On Korra and Maku: that scene where they were eating and Bolin was standing going 'this is awkward' was funny. That Is all I will currently say on the subject.
John_Smith

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:28 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:I'ma just say, Korra is the worst girlfriend ever. She's honestly a really annoying character. Also, is it just me or has the dialogue gotten... bad? I felt no emotional investment and the humor fell flat.

Korra is in may ways Aang's opposite; she comes into being the avatar in a time of peace and has a much more assertive character, she has approach wisdom from the other side. While Aang was timid and scared of becoming the avatar, Korra is all gung-ho about the whole thing. Aang's character arc was all about finding the strength of will to stand up and fight for what is right whereas Korra is already champing at the bit and her arc should be learning restraint, all of that serene monk stuff Aang grew up with. Unfortunately this means that in the mean time Korra will probably continue to be exceedingly full of herself until her overconfidence actually harms her.

Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what do you want to be that Korra's uncle was the reason the spirit attacked the southern water tribe?

No bets, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: he struck me as bad news from the start.

Can't watch episode 2 right now. Stupid not streaming to Japan. :(

Aw man. 8(

John_Smith wrote:Fail DVR! Epic Fail! *sighs* Thankfully Nick has the episodes online, abet with terrible quality.
I think the episode set the plot well enough. I did think the dialogue was a bit weird, but that's also a common problem in the first acts of just about any kind of story.

Except it's not the first act, it's the second season of the show; they've had time to establish each character's voice, and they've had a year to get this right and they haven't. Not with Korra and Mako at least, Tenzin and his family seem to have settled into place fairly well, Bolin and Asami were alright, and the new characters can be somewhat excused.

Yuki-Anne wrote:Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what do you want to be that Korra's uncle was the reason the spirit attacked the southern water tribe?

Nice theory. I was wondering if SPOILER: Highlight text to read: he himself was the one calling them up. In any case, does anyone else think that their going the 'need balance between the new and tradition' route? So Korra will have enemies on both sides? I mean, during that dinner, supporting the uncle did seem a much better option then the penguins. (Not that there's anything wrong with penguins).
Anyway, the biggest question in my mind (from E2) SPOILER: Highlight text to read: is who the heck was the statue that Jinora was looking at?

I think it's SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that first avatar guy

On Korra and Maku: that scene where they were eating and Bolin was standing going 'this is awkward' was funny. That Is all I will currently say on the subject.

Is it bad that I care more about Tenzin's family's arc than Korra's at this point?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby John_Smith » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:Except it's not the first act, it's the second season of the show; they've had time to establish each character's voice, and they've had a year to get this right and they haven't. Not with Korra and Mako at least, Tenzin and his family seem to have settled into place fairly well, Bolin and Asami were alright, and the new characters can be somewhat excused.

I meant first act of the second season :sweat:. In my opinion, the exposition is the problem. The writers are more concerned with giving out the necessary details for the rest of the season, than they are for making the dialogue smooth. It doesn't excuse it per say, but it does explain it.

MomentOfInertia wrote:I think it's SPOILER: Highlight text to read: that first avatar guy

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm kind of hoping that it was a bad avatar. Out of the countless avatars that have lived, could at least one have been evil?

MomentOfInertia wrote:Is it bad that I care more about Tenzin's family's arc than Korra's at this point?

Nope. I feel the same way. Just don't completely give up hope in Korra.
John_Smith

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:24 pm

John_Smith wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I'm kind of hoping that it was a bad avatar. Out of the countless avatars that have lived, could at least one have been evil?

...Isn't the whole point of having an avatar to "restore balance" (i. e., overthrow the bad guys)? It doesn't make sense to have an evil one.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby John_Smith » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:20 pm

FllMtl Novelist wrote:...Isn't the whole point of having an avatar to "restore balance" (i. e., overthrow the bad guys)? It doesn't make sense to have an evil one.

Think of Darth Vader. Is there anything in the Avatar mythos that prevents individual avatars from rebelling against what their supposed to do? (I never actually watched The Last Airbender, so I wouldn't know) In any case, I do think that it's unlikely, I just want it to happen.
John_Smith

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:08 pm

John_Smith wrote:Think of Darth Vader. Is there anything in the Avatar mythos that prevents individual avatars from rebelling against what their supposed to do? (I never actually watched The Last Airbender, so I wouldn't know) In any case, I do think that it's unlikely, I just want it to happen.

I don't think that's how it works. Actually, I think that the past avatars have some part in choosing who the new one is going to be. I mean, they're the ones who are supposed to guide the new avatar. Aang didn't want to be the avatar at first, because it was such a huge responsibility, but he accepted it and became one of the most famous avatars. I'm sure all the avatars have had some trouble at some point with their abilities and responsibility, but they've always managed to come through it and become stronger because of it.

Am I thinking too far into this? :sweat:
Banana Lobster

Postby John_Smith » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Banana Lobster wrote:Am I thinking too far into this? :sweat:

No. Over-thinking these things are half the fun. :thumb: Still hoping for an evil avatar though! :rock:

I liked this episode more. The dialogue didn't seem as awkward to me. And while most of the characters are still frivolously bickering, this episode made it seem less frivolous. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Did anyone else notice how just when we see Korra's family get to together, we see Tenzin's part ways? Anyway, I felt like this episode made progress.
John_Smith

Postby Lynna » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I finally got around to watching episode 4.
Honestly, while there are still some issues that need to be worked on, I felt like this was a big step up from season 1. For one thing SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Korra's whole rebellious thing has gone rather badly this season, which is good because that's been long overdue. I found that the focus on Korra's family and Tenzin's family has been very cute, although am I the one finding it hard to believe that Aang would show favoritism towards Tenzin just because he was an airbender? Korra's uncle being evil was predictable, but at least the show is allowing Korra to make some mistakes. I'm also glad that the whole love triangle thing is out of the way, although giving Mako some actual character development would be nice. In fact, more character development as a whole would be nice. However, I'm liking the plot better than last season.
Lynna

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 am

I haven't seen any of this series before, nor the first Last Airbender series.... have been rather busy, plus I have my old cartoons from the 90s (e.g. Galaxy Rangers) with cheap animation quality that I wanna get through as well.

But this looks really interesting, I may buy the first season on disc and watch it.
Sammy Boy

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Sammy Boy wrote:I haven't seen any of this series before, nor the first Last Airbender series.... have been rather busy, plus I have my old cartoons from the 90s (e.g. Galaxy Rangers) with cheap animation quality that I wanna get through as well.

But this looks really interesting, I may buy the first season on disc and watch it.

I'm gonna make a super-opinionated and biased statement here, and say I don't think you'll regret it. The original series is pretty awesome, and really well done. Art, story, character development. Do it.
(That is, if you're talking about the first series. If you're talking about Korra...*grumble grumble* I'm gonna go sit in my corner.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Lynna » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:
Sammy Boy wrote:I haven't seen any of this series before, nor the first Last Airbender series.... have been rather busy, plus I have my old cartoons from the 90s (e.g. Galaxy Rangers) with cheap animation quality that I wanna get through as well.

I'm gonna make a super-opinionated and biased statement here, and say I don't think you'll regret it. The original series is pretty awesome, and really well done. Art, story, character development. Do it.
(That is, if you're talking about the first series. If you're talking about Korra...*grumble grumble* I'm gonna go sit in my corner.

I'm going to agree with Claec. Even though I like it, Korra can't hold a candle to the original series. Avatar: TLA, on the other hand, is probably the best cartoon for children that ever came into existence. (I'm not sure why The Legend of Korra can't get up to the same level :( )
Lynna

Postby Sammy Boy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:03 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:

Lynna wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:

I'm going to agree with Claec. Even though I like it, Korra can't hold a candle to the original series. Avatar: TLA, on the other hand, is probably the best cartoon for children that ever came into existence. (I'm not sure why The Legend of Korra can't get up to the same level :( )

Oh wow, I see. Well, space is going to be an issue then since I don't have enough room to buy all the discs, and the local DVD rental store doesn't stock most of the series.

I am pretty sure that the first series and TLoK would all be better than the stuff I grew up watching - the quality of animation in the early 80s and 90s were fairly ho-hum, but as a kid it didn't really matter because my primary focus was to watch good triumph over evil in 20+ minutes. :XD:
Sammy Boy

Return to General Entertainment