Cartoon Network is officially dead to me

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Cartoon Network is officially dead to me

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:42 am

:rant: Well folks, it's finally happened. Cartoon Network is now dead.
But wait, you say, they brought back Toonami!
No, that's not going to work, CN. You deliberately set up Green Lantern and Young Justice to fail. You put them in time slots where no one would watch, then you put them on hiatus to celebrate your glory years and say "NYAA! We're never going back to those days, so suck it!"
And then, AND THEN--
They bring back Teen Titans, and make it SUCK! The animation style is all wrong, and the characters have no heart whatsoever. This isn't the Teen Titans we loved!
Give me a fork so I can stick it in them. They are DONE!
I'm serious, this is my final rant on the fail that is Crappy Network. May it fall off the face of the Earth.
rocklobster

Re: Cartoon Network is officially dead to me

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 am

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill
Davidizer13

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:47 am

Clearly you don't get how awesome Adventure Time and Regular Show are.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:51 am

No rant about the new Batman?

I think you need to spread of your rage around a bit, after all the new Teen Titans wouldn't exist without DC's approval.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 pm

So, it wasn't dead to you the past how many years you've been complaining?
Ante Bellum

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Clearly you don't get how awesome Adventure Time and Regular Show are.

No, they are not awesome. Sorry.
Children do not deserve to have their intelligence insulted. And that's CN's M.O. these days. "They're just kids, so we don't need effort!"
Oh, and Ante, when they brought back Toonami, I gave them a reprieve. That was a mistake.
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:28 pm

rocklobster wrote:I'm serious, this is my final rant on the fail that is Crappy Network. May it fall off the face of the Earth.

You read it here folks. This is it. I'm holding you to this Rock.
Xeno

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Ante Bellum wrote:So, it wasn't dead to you the past how many years you've been complaining?
It must have only been mostly dead.

So, admittedly, not everyone knows your past with complaining about CN, Rock, but this has gotten out of hand. Forums are not places for rants (usually blogs are). And we have let you get away with too many in hopes that you would let it die out. Thus, I'm hoping with Xeno that this is your last one.

Also, I can agree that people don't understand children and how smart they really are about things, but the fact of the matter is the network is still getting views, so it's more the fault of the feedback they are getting (people watching the shows) rather than them making what you think are lame shows. So if you want to get mad at someone, the audience is more at fault than the network.
goldenspines

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

On a more positive note, The Hub is kicking it! They've brought back Tiny Toons and Animaniacs! And we got season 4 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic coming up!
rocklobster

Postby DaughterOfZion » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:05 pm

It's not meant for you, why do they care what you feel?
DaughterOfZion

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:13 pm

rocklobster wrote:
Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Clearly you don't get how awesome Adventure Time and Regular Show are.

Adventure Time is literally the best cartoon on television right now and if you can't see that then you don't know a thing about cartoons. I can see not liking Regular Show (it's admittedly a pretty divisive show, though I enjoy it), but the only reason to not like Adventure Time is to just not like cartoons at all. And if you don't like cartoons at all, then quit complaining about CN because it's obviously not a channel for you. It'd be like me complaining about Barney. It's not for me, so why do I care about it?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Peanut » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Is it a bad thing that when I saw this thread I immediately thought "Oh no, here we go again?"
Peanut

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Peanut wrote:Is it a bad thing that when I saw this thread I immediately thought "Oh no, here we go again?"

No, it means you're capable of pattern recognition.

Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:37 pm

rocklobster wrote:The Hub... brought back.. Animaniacs!

WHUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

Also, on the topic of you hating CN, I'ma go with what everybody else is saying: Nobody cares anymore. Chances are excellent nobody cared in the first place. Give it a rest. Maybe if you blasted them in a witty and entertaining manner we wouldn't be quite so annoyed, but you just go ON AND ON about how much you hate it, and... that's about it. There's nothing in this thread that you haven't said a million times elsewhere. EXCEPT THAT THING ABOUT ANIMANIACS OMG. But if the Hub also ruins your childhood with a subpar Animaniacs reboot, please don't post 6,000 threads about it. There's only so much pointlessness we can take.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Regular Show is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Adventure Time is pretty cool, and The Looney Tunes Show is amazing.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 am

Mullet Death wrote:Regular Show is the greatest thing since sliced bread

The greatest thing since sliced bread. So this is it? A couple thousand years…sliced bread? What about the Pyramids? The Panama Canal? The Great Wall of China? Even a lava lamp, to me, is greater than sliced bread. What's so great about sliced bread? You got a knife, you got a loaf of bread. Slice the thing!! And get on with your life.
Xeno

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:17 am

rocklobster wrote:

Children do not deserve to have their intelligence insulted. And that's CN's M.O. these days. "They're just kids, so we don't need effort!"

No, they are indeed awesome. Sorry.
They are very well done shows with clever and intelligent humor. There's a whole lot of depth to those shows.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Rewin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

No, they are indeed awesome. Sorry.
They are very well done shows with clever and intelligent humor. There's a whole lot of depth to those shows.

Nate wrote:Adventure Time is literally the best cartoon on television right now and if you can't see that then you don't know a thing about cartoons. I can see not liking Regular Show (it's admittedly a pretty divisive show, though I enjoy it), but the only reason to not like Adventure Time is to just not like cartoons at all. And if you don't like cartoons at all, then quit complaining about CN because it's obviously not a channel for you. It'd be like me complaining about Barney. It's not for me, so why do I care about it?

Wow, I didn't know people were no longer allowed to have their own opinions. You hear that Rock, you need to check with Nate and MrSmartypants before you post anything that might not be an acceptable opinion. :eyeroll:
Rewin

Postby Peanut » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Rewin wrote:Wow, I didn't know people were no longer allowed to have their own opinions. You hear that Rock, you need to check with Nate and MrSmartypants before you post anything that might not be an acceptable opinion. :eyeroll:

You are. You just relinquish that right when you make multiple threads over the span of several years expressing that opinion in the same way each time but just for a different reason that really isn't all that different. At that point, Xeno of the CAA opinion police appears and revokes your right to have an opinion and turns you over to the Board for Better Opinions on CAA, which is comprised of Nate and MSP. They then tell you what to believe. Rock, from what I understand, was supposed to be turned over to them three CN threads ago but bureaucracy being what it is, it wasn't until now that they have taken over. Really I'm surprised you didn't know this, it was outlined pretty clearly in that PM Ashley, Steve, Gypsy, and Cap'n'Nick send to all new members on the site.
'
Peanut

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:05 pm

Incredible.
Ante Bellum

Postby Lynna » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 am

Peanut wrote:
Rewin wrote:Wow, I didn't know people were no longer allowed to have their own opinions. You hear that Rock, you need to check with Nate and MrSmartypants before you post anything that might not be an acceptable opinion. :eyeroll:

You are. You just relinquish that right when you make multiple threads over the span of several years expressing that opinion in the same way each time but just for a different reason that really isn't all that different. At that point, Xeno of the CAA opinion police appears and revokes your right to have an opinion and turns you over to the Board for Better Opinions on CAA, which is comprised of Nate and MSP. They then tell you what to believe. Rock, from what I understand, was supposed to be turned over to them three CN threads ago but bureaucracy being what it is, it wasn't until now that they have taken over. Really I'm surprised you didn't know this, it was outlined pretty clearly in that PM Ashley, Steve, Gypsy, and Cap'n'Nick send to all new members on the site.
'

My week has officially been made XD
Lynna

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:46 am

[TEXT: ANIME AND ANIME REVIEWS
8:44 PM]

[DRIVER CAM]

MSGT XENO: Yeah, sure, you're allowed to have an opinion and you can express it any time you want, but some people just have really stupid opinions, they keep repeating them and that's where they get in over their heads.

We're heading over to the back side of the Recommendations thread, got a report of some newbie with a mouth, we're going to check it out and make sure everything is all right.

[HANDHELD CAM]

(Two cruisers with lights flashing are already at the site. XENO waves away onlookers as he walks to where another officer has the perp handcuffed and bent over against the back of his squad car.)

PERP (shouting): I didn't do nothing! You got the wrong guy!

XENO: Sir, we've got you on record saying that Giant Robo is a pretentious, overdone waste of time and that your favorite episode is one of the Ginrei Specials, is that true?

PERP: That wasn't my post, that was my brother, he uses the same account.

XENO: Sir, you also said you were a huge fan of PewDiePie, is that also your brother?

(XENO begins to pat down the PERP)

PERP: Well, yeah, I mean, yeah, he likes the guy, he's funny, you know?

XENO: Sir, I just found these, can you explain why you're carrying these on your person?

(XENO holds up three DVDs: Cat Planet Cuties, another printed in Japanese and covered in doe-eyed moe girls, and Dragon Ball GT

PERP: They're also my brother's?

XENO: Take him into custody. Looks like we're done here, now it's up to the board for the rest. They'll probably put him up with intent to distribute bad opinions, something like that. Hopefully we've made our point with this guy.

[FADE TO TITLE CARD
MUSIC: "BAD BOYS" - INNER CIRCLE]
Last edited by Davidizer13 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davidizer13

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:54 am

Xeno wrote:
Mullet Death wrote:Regular Show is the greatest thing since sliced bread

The greatest thing since sliced bread. So this is it? A couple thousand years…sliced bread? What about the Pyramids? The Panama Canal? The Great Wall of China? Even a lava lamp, to me, is greater than sliced bread. What's so great about sliced bread? You got a knife, you got a loaf of bread. Slice the thing!! And get on with your life.

How dare you! Don't underestimate sliced bread! It's got so many things going for it. It can go with anything, anything! :comp:

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby rocklobster » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:[TEXT: ANIME AND ANIME REVIEWS
8:44 PM]

[DRIVER CAM]

MSGT XENO: Yeah, sure, you're allowed to have an opinion and you can express it any time you want, but some people just have really stupid opinions, they keep repeating them and that's where they get in over their heads.

We're heading over to the back side of the Recommendations thread, got a report of some newbie with a mouth, we're going to check it out and make sure everything is all right.

[HANDHELD CAM]

(Two cruisers with lights flashing are already at the site. XENO waves away onlookers as he walks to where another officer has the perp handcuffed and bent over against the back of his squad car.)

PERP (shouting): I didn't do nothing! You got the wrong guy!

XENO: Sir, we've got you on record saying that Giant Robo is a pretentious, overdone waste of time and that your favorite episode is one of the Ginrei Specials, is that true?

PERP: That wasn't my post, that was my brother, he uses the same account.

XENO: Sir, you also said you were a huge fan of PewDiePie, is that also your brother?

(XENO begins to pat down the PERP)

PERP: Well, yeah, I mean, yeah, he likes the guy, he's funny, you know?

XENO: Sir, I just found these, can you explain why you're carrying these on your person?

(XENO holds up three DVDs: Cat Planet Cuties, another printed in Japanese and covered in doe-eyed moe girls, and Dragon Ball GT

PERP: They're also my brother's?

XENO: Take him into custody. Looks like we're done here, now it's up to the board for the rest.

[FADE TO TITLE CARD
MUSIC: "BAD BOYS" - PUBLIC ENEMY]

um, Bad Boys was recorded by Inner Circle.
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:23 pm

rocklobster wrote:um, Bad Boys was recorded by Inner Circle.

Getting the facts right is hard, okay? especially when you're posting from your phone as you're waiting for a job interview that's going to make you late for work
Davidizer13

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 pm

You clearly didn't understand the sarcasm and point of what I was trying to say... unless you're being that dry and sarcastic too. If you are then hats off to you.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Ante Bellum » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:XENO: Sir, we've got you on record saying that Giant Robo is a pretentious, overdone waste of time and that your favorite episode is one of the Ginrei Specials, is that true?

I hope he gets life.
Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:39 am

You're allowed to have opinions as long as they don't contradict reality. "It is my opinion that the sky is not blue" is a wrong opinion. Similarly, saying Adventure Time is not awesome is an opinion that contradicts reality, and thus is completely wrong. Especially when the one posting it probably only hates it because of his bizarre tsundere feelings towards Cartoon Network.

"B-baka Cartoon Network! I-It's not like I like you or anything! In fact I'm going to call you Crappy Network to show how much I hate you!"

Great, now I'm gonna start reading rock's posts in Rie Kugimiya's voice.

Nate

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:19 pm

OMG BBC sux they screwed up Dr Who!!! and and and....Fox rebooted Fringe and made it a sitcom!! FOX sucks!!! and...Criminal Minds got permanently crossed over with The Three Stooges and the Jaegers in Pacific Rim are really piloted by the Tenctonese from Alien Nation...!!

I am officially outraged! I'll go hide in my man cave and never watch anything again....

The Office of Rocky Stupidity....
Psycho Molos

Postby Xeno » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Psycho Molos wrote:OMG BBC sux they screwed up Dr Who!!! and and and....Fox rebooted Fringe and made it a sitcom!! FOX sucks!!! and...Criminal Minds got permanently crossed over with The Three Stooges and the Jaegers in Pacific Rim are really piloted by the Tenctonese from Alien Nation...!!

I am officially outraged! I'll go hide in my man cave and never watch anything again....

The Office of Rocky Stupidity....

Such delightful humor.
Xeno

Next

Return to General Entertainment