The Lego Movie.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Lego Movie.

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Trailer.

Morgan Freeman. Lego movie. Stop-motion animation. Coming to a theater near you.
Crossfire

Re: The Lego Movie.

Postby LastLfan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:30 pm

The original bionicle trilogy were the last great lego movies
LastLfan

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 am

Daw...it looks...cute :3 Don't think i'd go to the theatre to see it though :<
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Looks good, but I think it should be a good 'watch it on video' release.
bigsleepj

Postby armeck » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:02 pm

I'll probably see it in theaters haha
armeck

Postby Vilo159 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:02 am

I'll wait for when it comes out, I don't think I'd see it in theaters. Looks good, though.
Vilo159

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:21 am

Epic movie. It was awesome.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby emmatheveritas » Wed May 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Darn Darn Darney Darn DARN :comp: It!
There's a sequel coming for 2017!!! This movie was better than Frozen :bootout: will ever be! I had the choice to see this or Frozen, and I still haven't seen Frozen, but I know this was better! It was so smart and hilarious! And SPOILER: Highlight text to read: when does WILL FARREL ever voice a bad guy?! Favorite character was Bad Cop/Good Cop (again Liam Neeson? Aslan?! 'K...) Best stop-motion movie ever! :thumb:
Hence, the longest signature on CAA!!
''I have fury! Finally, my entrance with drama!''-Fawful ''Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
''Why...whenever...fury...Fawful just wanted some kingdom conquering...but every time the mustaches come. Always in Fawful's way...alwaysalwaysalways''-Fawful Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
''Darkness cannot cover darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot cover hate; only love can.''-Martin Luther King Jr.
"SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!! SPACESHIP!!!"-Benny from The Lego Movie
"A closed door doesn't mean its a locked one"-Anais TAWO Gumball
emmatheveritas

Location: somewhere between my daydreams, the BeanBean Kingdom, and waiting for Heaven. =D

Postby marro1 » Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm

You shoudl definitely see frozen dude. Amazing movie, better than the LEGO movie. And I'm a complete LEGO nerd. I have like 1000 minifigs. :p I did think the ending of the lego movie was really dumb, they kinda blew it with that.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby Adie » Sat May 17, 2014 3:06 am

It was a lot better than I expected it to be. :) I was expecting a cute, fun, decently-entertaining little movie; and what I got was a great concept, clever humor, and really really awesome animation! Plus, it was more than just "decently entertaining:" it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.
I think Lego Batman was my favorite character. I greatly enjoyed his song. (The music in general, actually, was very good.)
Adie

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:34 am

I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would (being a LEGO fan). Still, I can't get that "Everything is awesome" song outta my head now. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:43 pm

I liked it a lot; Space-man Benny was probably my favorite character, followed by Vitruvius, and then Bad Cop/Good Cop. However, my enthusiasm has been severely curbed. (I'm sorry, but you try and watch the same silly parts 50 times in three days without it getting tiring-bonus features included)

*Since this keeps coming up, I'll just toss in that I am a HUGE Frozen fangirl. If someone makes a thread about the movie, I'll not only be completely unsurprised, but probably one of the first to post in it. :lol:
Banana Lobster

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:24 pm

I keep forgetting that this is a thing that happened. I feel like a horrible person for having not watched this yet.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby nillapoet » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:37 pm

I enjoyed it. I just wish my kids would stop singing "Everything is Awesome" at some point.
nillapoet

Postby Crossfire » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Had a chance to watch it the other night. Thought it was extremely overrated but a decent film nonetheless. I like how they implemented non-lego objects, and the whole real-life twist was interesting. The kind of people like "'Lord Business" are what turned me away from the hobby, in fact...
Crossfire

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:50 pm

I loved this movie. It was so well done - hilarious, even if the humor was on the stupid side, completely silly and unapologetic about it. But what I really love about this movie is that it's more than just the silliness. It has such surprising depth to it as well. I may be opening myself to some ridicule (or at least laughter) here, but I cried quite a bit at the end. Partly because of the emotion of the father-son story, but mostly because I noticed a beautiful allegory you can read into the story. By no means am I suggesting that this allegory was intentional, but that's what common grace is for, right? ;) I think this is a beautiful, unassuming story about subcreation - God created us in His image, so we are made to be creative as well. We aren't much to look at - we're not very powerful, or knowledgeable, and our greatest accomplishments aren't much cooler than any of Emmett's. Yet still God chooses to use us. We are the Special, because God wants us to be part of his amazing story. Even if you don't see an allegory in it, it's still a great message about creativity and not worrying about whether you're good enough - just go ahead and try something, because you never know what will end up saving the world.

This is undeniably the most encouraging and inspiring movie about plastic toys I've ever seen in my life, and that's why I was a sobbing mess at the end :lol:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:35 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I loved this movie. It was so well done - hilarious, even if the humor was on the stupid side, completely silly and unapologetic about it. But what I really love about this movie is that it's more than just the silliness. It has such surprising depth to it as well. I may be opening myself to some ridicule (or at least laughter) here, but I cried quite a bit at the end. Partly because of the emotion of the father-son story, but mostly because I noticed a beautiful allegory you can read into the story. By no means am I suggesting that this allegory was intentional, but that's what common grace is for, right? ;) I think this is a beautiful, unassuming story about subcreation - God created us in His image, so we are made to be creative as well. We aren't much to look at - we're not very powerful, or knowledgeable, and our greatest accomplishments aren't much cooler than any of Emmett's. Yet still God chooses to use us. We are the Special, because God wants us to be part of his amazing story. Even if you don't see an allegory in it, it's still a great message about creativity and not worrying about whether you're good enough - just go ahead and try something, because you never know what will end up saving the world.

This is undeniably the most encouraging and inspiring movie about plastic toys I've ever seen in my life, and that's why I was a sobbing mess at the end :lol:

I did not see the allegory you did, but thought it was interesting that you mentioned it. Sometimes you can use allegories to help get the message across to people who come from different backgrounds to you, but nonetheless share a common point of reference with you (e.g. in this case for instance, an interest in this movie or something related to LEGO).
Sammy Boy

Return to General Entertainment