The Bible

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Bible

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:13 pm

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this made yet seeing as how it is a show on cable called The Bible. Has anyone been watching and if so what are your thoughts? I'll post mine later since I'm more curious what other people think about it more then anything.
Peanut

Re: The Bible

Postby Lynna » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm

I haven't been watching, but while at a friend's house, I did see the part about Rahab and the beginning of the part about Sampson. Frankly, I was a little bit disappointed that it seemed like neither Gideon nor Deborah were going to get a portrayal. I think Sampson is slightly overrated :P I also felt that they skimmed through the battle of Jericho. I felt like they trivialized Rahab's helping them. I was always under the impression that she hid them for longer, and helped them escape from the city through her window, rather than just hiding them for a few minutes.
Anyways, I basically spent all my time poking holes in it. It's not the worst biblical portrayal, and apparently episode 2 was better than episode 1, but I still feel that there's better ones out there.
However, this is just going off of the little bit I saw...
Lynna

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Apparently the CGI is bad?
Ante Bellum

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:30 pm

I don't have the History channel, so I haven't been able to watch it. Do they have it streaming anywhere online?

I have read a bit about it, though, and for the most part people think it's pretty okay. Personally, I think it's quite a task to try to put the whole Bible in a mini-series, but I'm happy someone gave it a try. I only hope they did a good job with it.
goldenspines

Postby Vega » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 pm

I've been watching it on and off. From what I've seen its okay. I don't understand why there was so much hype surrounding it in the first place and considering their was, why want it better. It just seemed like another run-of-the-mill over romanticized attempt to make bible stories hardcore. In my opinion of course :D lol
Vega

Postby Xeno » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Lynna wrote:and apparently episode 2 was better than episode 1

That's a stretch. But everyone knows that Episode 4 is where it really took off and Episode 5 was really the best one of the whole thing, then Lucas went a little overboard with Episode 6, but we forgave him.
Xeno

Postby goldenspines » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Xeno, stay on topic, please.
goldenspines

Return to General Entertainment