News Media Having A Fitt Over Star Wars Cast

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

News Media Having A Fitt Over Star Wars Cast

Postby ashfire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:47 pm

I have heard or seen that the news media is having fitts over bring original stars to play original characters in the new Star Wars movie being done by Disney.
Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford are being attacked for being to old to play the characters of Luke, Leia and Han, but no one knows the story behind Star Wars VII.
I have read the paperbacks from the "Return Of The Jedi" and seen the movies and the TV productions to know lead ups to what would be happening in the lives of the characters as parents and grandparents and new enemies.
ashfire

Re: News Media Having A Fitt Over Star Wars Cast

Postby Crossfire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Honestly, I haven't heard anything but praise regarding this news. Then again, I don't read celebrity gossip and the like so... *shrug*

I don't have a problem with these guys returning, providing the setting in which they appear makes sense.
Crossfire

Postby goldenspines » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Include sources for your claims please, so we aren't just "I heard this." and "Well, I heard this instead." back and forth without anything to go on except words words words. XD;

The media is going to happily poke at everything, whether it's actually a bad thing or not. I'll admit I was feeling a bit uneasy about having the old actors back, but I'm willing to give Disney the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. XD;
goldenspines

Postby ashfire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:20 pm

One of the media people is Dorothy Pomerantz of Forbes.com has "Why I Don't Want Hamill,Fisher or Ford in the Next Star Wars"
ashfire

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:48 am

Folks, please stop this. I'm tired of the "Star Wars VII is going to suck" stuff. Can we please wait until the movie actually comes out, watch it, and then say it sucks? Like we did with the prequels?
rocklobster

Postby ashfire » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I have enjoyed all the Star Wars I don't care what the movie critics say. If I liked it was OK for me. I don't think attacking something before its done is right either. When the movie comes out I'll be ready for it.
ashfire

Return to General Entertainment