Yay! The Nostalgia Critic is back!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Yay! The Nostalgia Critic is back!

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 am

Good news everyone, our complaints worked!
The Nostalgia Critic is coming back.
Bad news: It's only bi-weekly. turns out he just needed a little break.
rocklobster

Re: Yay! The Nostalgia Critic is back!

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am

That's good for the fans, I suppose. I personally never found his work that funny. *shrug*
Crossfire

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm

I has a happy.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Meh!
Roy Mustang

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 pm

He ripped Moulin Rouge into pieces and said the singing was bad.

Ok, maybe he didn't like the story or the style, but... Bad singing? Certainly not Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor! Maybe not everyone sang well, but what I wouldn't give to sing like Ewan McGregor. And, yeah, the songs were all redos of already existing music. That was very much the point.

I like him, but that review (actually just the "top 10 movies I hate that everyone likes" I knew I wouldn't be able to get through an actual review of the movie after that) got on my nerves. I guess that just makes me one of the "Everyone"... I don't generally get upset by people not liking the plot on something I like, but the singing was objectively good.

Of course I'll still be watching it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Peanut » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:He ripped Moulin Rouge into pieces and said the singing was bad.

Ok, maybe he didn't like the story or the style, but... Bad singing? Certainly not Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor! Maybe not everyone sang well, but what I wouldn't give to sing like Ewan McGregor. And, yeah, the songs were all redos of already existing music. That was very much the point.

I like him, but that review (actually just the "top 10 movies I hate that everyone likes" I knew I wouldn't be able to get through an actual review of the movie after that) got on my nerves. I guess that just makes me one of the "Everyone"... I don't generally get upset by people not liking the plot on something I like, but the singing was objectively good.

Of course I'll still be watching it.

The actual review seemed to focus more on the fact that its ok to like things that someone else thinks is bad because hey, everyone has different opinions. Heck he does it with two people who like Moulin Rouge...also he loves the rendition of Roxanne from that movie so he didn't think it was all bad.

Anyway, now that he's done a few NCs I actually feel like I can comment on this. I'm glad to see that the other actors from Demo Reel haven't just been thrown out into the street but I don't know, his Pearl Harbor review was good but I didn't really like the first review that he did back. I kind of thought the skit...things they inserted were a bit distracting. But that's might just be me. I like how the new schedule though.
Last edited by Peanut on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peanut

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 pm

More than anything else, I think the Internet needs another narcissistic manchild who debases himself on camera while screaming obscenities at kids' movies.
Davidizer13

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:More than anything else, I think the Internet needs another narcissistic manchild who debases himself on camera while screaming obscenities at kids' movies.

Am I bovvered?

He's funny and he occasionally makes good points. And those kids movies were movies (mostly) he grew up with. Since I'm close to his age, it's stuff I grew up with too, so it's interesting to look at stuff we remember fondly with a bit more... Well, being able to take the nostalgia goggles off a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby SilverToast » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Yay!
SilverToast

Return to General Entertainment