Theatrical Performances!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Theatrical Performances!

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Post and share! I think theatrical performances are fun and I love going to plays like The Nutcracker, thanks to my grandmother who takes us. So, I thought it would be fun to make a thread to share pictures, videos, other stuff, and clips of such fun things!

I don't have any personal things to share, but I did just see this cute dance on NRB network and wanted to share it! For anyone else who likes theatrical performances, I hope you like it too! The video is not good quality, but hey, it's still fun to watch. :)

The dance is an acted out dance off between a hip-hop boy and ballet girl. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-rIMMhjfUg
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Re: Theatrical Performances!

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:13 pm

When I was an undergraduate student in my university's Honors Program, they had outings every semester where you paid $5-$10 total for dinner and getting to see a theatrical production.

For musicals, I've seen Les Miserables (for some reason, the italics button isn't working), Wicked, and Beauty and the Beast. I did see the Nutcracker one semester, but sadly fell asleep and missed about half of it. For other theatrical productions, I've seen Much Ado About Nothing, Othello, and As You Like It.
Sheenar

Postby SierraLea » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:35 pm

Being an actress myself, I love theater, as long as it's appropriate. There's a lot out there that's not, so it can be hard to find.
I especially love musicals, since they have some of the best songs in the universe of music. I'm actually in a concert made entirely of musical songs in a few weeks.
SierraLea

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 am

I have seen The Tempest. The rest have been musicals, Guys and Dolls, Rent, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and this year for me and my wife's wedding anniversary, we saw Les Mis.
Roy Mustang

Postby SierraLea » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:32 pm

There's a musical vrsion of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe? Awesome! Were the effects any good?
SierraLea

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:37 pm

SierraLea wrote:Being an actress myself, I love theater, as long as it's appropriate. There's a lot out there that's not, so it can be hard to find.
I especially love musicals, since they have some of the best songs in the universe of music. I'm actually in a concert made entirely of musical songs in a few weeks.

Wow SierraLea, that's sooo cool! Big stage or small stage, I always admire those up on a stage a lot. Pretty neat how you're one of them.
But yeah, I agree, shows that are appropriate are getting harder to come by these days.
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:33 am

SierraLea wrote:There's a musical vrsion of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe? Awesome! Were the effects any good?

It is not a broadway musical. A friend of ours is the director of the Christian Youth Theater and they did a musical of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe last year. Doing OZ this year and a few other musicals.
Roy Mustang

Postby BetsieBead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 am

Musicals i have seen are Phantom of the Opera,
when Disney Beauty Beast was in Broadway NYC,
and I saw Wicked at Kennedy Center in 2011!!!!!!!!!!
BetsieBead

Postby Okami » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:17 pm

My high school performed Bang Bang You're Dead when I was in my junior year. They got quite a bit of recognition for it at the time and it was a very well done show as a whole. :n_n: Of all the shows I'd been able to see them perform as a high schooler, that one was my favorite. I think it was also the one that got talked about the most in the end, which was great because it sparked conversation about important topics!

BetsieBead wrote:Musicals i have seen are Phantom of the Opera,
when Disney Beauty Beast was in Broadway NYC,
and I saw Wicked at Kennedy Center in 2011!!!!!!!!!!

I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast on Broadway in NYC as a kid. :)
Okami

Return to General Entertainment