What non-anime tv show are you showing,

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What non-anime tv show are you showing,

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:14 pm

I rewatched Awake for the third time. Such a good show. I started a rewatch of the Bleak House miniseries, but didn't finish it before I had to go back to school. I also got pretty far in my rewatch of Supernatural; I'm now in season 4.

And just tonight, I finished my rewatch of Firefly.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:46 am

artisticDreamer wrote:
Sheenar wrote:Finally caught up with Sherlock on Netflix. Really love this show. Hard to beat Martin Freeman and Benedict However-you-spell-his-last-name (Cumberbach? I have no idea and am not inclined to go look it up right now).

Now just have to wait for the next season to be released of both Sherlock and The Blacklist. Both ended on a sort of cliffhanger, so the waiting is not very patiently. lol

We'll all die of old age before Sherlock season 4 comes out.

Yeah. I've been getting the DVDs from the library and I'm also finished with season 2 (and loving it!) but it looks like season 3 is particularly popular and I'll be waiting on that dvd for a while...then I shall join the S4 wait...
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 am

Currently Watching: King of the Nerds, Community (when it returns to Yahoo TV), Agents of SHIELD, Big Bang Theory...and, frankly, not much else.

Old Shows I Watch Periodically: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:43 am

I've been watching Mako: Island of Secrets (AKA Mako Mermaids) lately. It's not my typical choice of show but it's strangely addicting. I keep wanting to know how it'll all turn out.
mysngoeshere56

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:09 pm

I've been watching the 2003 TMNT cartoon :D Loads of fun! I'm in the middle of the second season right now.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 am

Episode 1 of Game of Thrones.
-It was pretty entertaining. The worldbuilding is definitely really good, but I just don't know if I'm gonna keep up with it--all the nudity made me feel a little uncomfortable, lol.

Episode 1 of House of Cards.
-Kinda weird, but definitely interesting. I might keep watching it if I can make time.

Episode 2 of Continuum.
-I finally got around to watching the second episode. I'll probably try to keep up with it.

I'm still watching Invader Zim, Roswell, Dexter, and Star Wars: Rebels when I have the time. I really want to check out Better Call Saul too.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Kilvakar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Well, my siblings and I like to keep up with Arrow, The Flash, Agents of Shield, Once Upon A Time, and Grimm.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby ADXC » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:07 pm

I've been watching these throughout the year:

1. Game of Thrones, 1st season
2. House of Cards, 3rd season
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, 1st season
4. Mad Men, 1-6 seasons
5. Parks and Rec, 1-6 seasons
6. Old Survivor seasons
7. The Office, all seasons
8. Breaking Bad, all seasons
9. Walking Dead, all seasons till now
10. Better Call Saul, 1st season
ADXC

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:59 pm

I recently finished my rewatch of Supernatural seasons 1-5. Good, heart-wrenching stuff XD

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Kraavdran » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Thunderscream872 wrote:Episode 1 of Game of Thrones.
-It was pretty entertaining. The worldbuilding is definitely really good, but I just don't know if I'm gonna keep up with it--all the nudity made me feel a little uncomfortable, lol.

Thunderscream, I dropped Game of Thrones after episode 1 (technically, not even the full episode) for the same reasons. Edit: Also, I found it boring.

Also, to reply to the original topic... I've been watching Forever, The Flash, and Elementary. We recently dropped Marvel: Agents of Shield because we did not enjoy it anymore. I've also been watching Cutthroat Kitchen (which, despite its name, can be quite funny).
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum et pereat mundus"
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kraavdran
Kraavdran

Postby nillapoet » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:53 am

Hawaii Five-0
nillapoet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:50 pm

I've started up The Legend of Korra again - nearly done with season 2.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Smittyblack » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:22 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I've started up The Legend of Korra again - nearly done with season 2.

Too bad Nickelodeon's stupid and gets rid of all its good shows. :(

I think The Legend of Korra was the only good show on Nickelodeon, but then they made it online-only and just gave it one last season. First, they got rid of one of my favorite shows, which I hate. But second, that move effectively ruined their relationship with the creators of TLOK...

Stuff like this is why Cartoon Network is a million times better than Nickelodeon and Disney. Nick now has no good shows, Disney's only good show is Gravity Falls (imo), but CN has Regular Show, Adventure Time (not a huge fan but it's at least watchable), Steven Universe, Clarence, Gumball, etc. Regular Show's my favorite of all of them though.

Sorry for going off topic, but Nickelodeon makes me really, really angry and I don't see how they even compete anymore... The Legend of Korra was the best.
Smittyblack

Postby Smittyblack » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:26 pm

ADXC wrote:9. Walking Dead, all seasons till now

Each season gets better and better! Especially with Scott Gimple running the show for the last two seasons. The last few episodes have been adapted amazingly from the comics. He takes the source material, and puts his own great spin on it. Can't wait for season 6.

I've been at reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead almost 24/7 since season 4, because I love the show so much now.
Smittyblack

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 pm

So...because I had a four-day weekend for Easter, I marathoned the rest of The Legend of Korra and am now finished with it XD I was surprised at how much I ended up liking it, because overall it's only about half as interesting as Avatar, there's a lot more stupid involved, and I feel like they never let the characters feel the horrible twists of the plot for long enough. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Like when Korra loses her bending. She immediately gets it back! Where's the fun in that? But the ending was actually really epic, and it was always interesting to see what they came up with. And even though no one can match Sokka's brand of humor, there were still some really funny parts.

My favorite character by far was Amon - which I suppose says something about me and my opinion of the main characters, that I prefer the first villain <_< After the first season, though, my favorite character became Varrick. He was hilariously random, and I love what they did with him by the end. I also really ended up liking Tenzin, especially in season 2 when he was all exasperated with his family XD

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sheenar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Currently marathoning Good Eats. I love me some Alton Brown. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby LastLfan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:55 am

The Cartoon Network shows right now have been great, steven universe far and away my favorite show on all of tv right now. Did anyone see the new regular show that paid homage to Neon genesis? Wonderful episode. Besides that, I marathoned survivor: Africa
LastLfan

Postby artisticDreamer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm watching Korean variety shows; specifically, Running Man and 2 Days 1 Night.
artisticDreamer

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:36 am

Recently I started re-watching Young Justice. This will be the third time I've watched it through.

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

Thunderscream872

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Listening to my sisters watching Daredevil (from the other side of the room), and I'm purdy sure I'm not going to be watching it, thank you very much.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 16, 2015 3:46 pm

I've started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's like a teen version of Supernatural! XD

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 23, 2015 4:45 am

Was watching Once Upon a Time, Fresh off the Boat, Agents of Shield, Big Bang Theory, and Daredevil... They're all over, now (Well, technically Daredevil was over the first time it showed up, since that's how Netflix does things...)

Oh, and Bates Motel, but that's on Slingbox, and it's a hassle to watch because of the lag. Too bad it'll take, like, another year before Netflix gets season 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby SisterHipster » Wed May 27, 2015 6:37 am

Girl Meets World on Disney channel. I feel like there really isn't much on basic cable anymore.
SisterHipster

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:17 am

Firefly and Game Of Thrones with my brothers, also we finished watching Daredevil a while back, really good.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:48 pm

I've finally gotten around to starting season 3 of the 2003 TMNT cartoon, and the J-Drama Liar Game. I'm getting towards the end of the manga, so I figured it was probably safe to start watching the show :P It's interesting to see how they're adapting it.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Furen » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:11 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Listening to my sisters watching Daredevil (from the other side of the room), and I'm purdy sure I'm not going to be watching it, thank you very much.

WHAT :O
Daredevil was so fantastic

I'm currently watching About a Boy (Not Life with Boys, though I like that too)
I'm bummed that it got cancelled though... it was super good, like Selfie, and Firefly, and stuff like that
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Just started watching the live-action J-drama version of Death Note :D

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 am

I recently started watching The Vampire Diaries and True Blood. I'll probably stick with TVD and drop True Blood. Nearly all the True Blood characters are just way to horny, lol. The show is entertaining enough, but when all the characters seem to care about/talk about is getting laid, it makes them a little less likeable to me.

Thunderscream872

Postby radical edward » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:48 pm

Finished Daredevil.
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 am

I'm watching Daredevil (excellent series, but I HATE the romance between Foggy and Karen). The Middle (an enjoyable sitcom, though I feel it revels TOO much in how often the family fails to achieve its goals), and My Little Pony season 5 (decent season, but lackluster episodes like Make New Friends but Keep Discord and Appleloosa's Most Wanted drag it down).

On a side note . . . I forget how to do spoiler tags :P
Zeldafan2

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment