Two And A Half Men News

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby DaughterOfZion » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 am

BBT and 2&1/2M are both created by the same guy, Chuck Lorre (With two different co-creators), so there you go.

Anyways, I didn't read this exact article but I have read and watched some other things, and like mech pointed out, the kid (Or more likely, his agents), has started furiously backpedaling on the statements made. There's a high likelihood he had a disparagement clause in his contract, which he obviously would have violated.
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1600179) wrote:This entire thread is based on the initial report and contains nothing about the actors apologetic response to the comments the next day or his reference to himself as a paid hypocrite in a second article.

Sorry, that's what I was talking about in my update, he did apologize for it sounding like he was insulting his co-workers or his bosses, but he didn't change what he said, he never denounced it. I'll go find one of the articles if you want though :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

My problem with this news isn't him converting. That is good.

My problem is Angus did his main interview with the Forerunner Chronicles group which is a fridge organization in the Adventist Church that believes in a wide variety of different conspiracy theories, from the Illuminati controlling movies to cannibalism being imminent during the Hurricane Sandy incident.

Note: I am an Seventh Day Adventists myself, but that doesn't mean I agree with all SDAs.
Yamamaya

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1600184) wrote:My problem is Angus did his main interview with the Forerunner Chronicles group which is a fridge organization in the Adventist Church that believes in a wide variety of different conspiracy theories, from the Illuminati controlling movies to cannibalism being imminent during the Hurricane Sandy incident.

I too, find that to be a problem, I posted this mainly on the fact that he's taking a step, and I was just impressed.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm

Furen (post: 1600186) wrote:I too, find that to be a problem, I posted this mainly on the fact that he's taking a step, and I was just impressed.

His mother also said she thinks her son is being exploited by the church. I hope for both of their sakes this isn't the case.
Yamamaya

Postby Furen » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1600187) wrote:His mother also said she thinks her son is being exploited by the church. I hope for both of their sakes this isn't the case.

Didn't he say that he wasn't being exploited? I know the church said that, but then again, that's one party looking out for themselves (Maybe, again, we don't know)

But yes, I really do hope for all sakes, that's not the case.
Furen

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1600184) wrote: a fridge organization in the Adventist Church

I knew it. Refrigerators!
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Wait...this show is still around?
Neane

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm

I never was a fan of 2 1/2 Men, even less after the whole Charlie Sheen ordeal. I will admit, though, that I was shocked to hear an actor discourage people from watching his show. I feel that a lot of the shows on TV nowadays are not really worth watching. They are either too violent or too stupid/perverted, which is why I'm glad that the TV at my house is mainly on the local retro station. I like watching old shows like Bonanza, or The Rifleman or M*A*S*H*, mainly because they actually talk about God and quote the Bible. We need shows like that on regular TV. We need shows that don't shy away from God
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in people. Psalm 118:8

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Cleanedbyblood

Postby Vilo159 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Cleanedbyblood (post: 1600226) wrote:I never was a fan of 2 1/2 Men, even less after the whole Charlie Sheen ordeal. I will admit, though, that I was shocked to hear an actor discourage people from watching his show. I feel that a lot of the shows on TV nowadays are not really worth watching. They are either too violent or too stupid/perverted, which is why I'm glad that the TV at my house is mainly on the local retro station. I like watching old shows like Bonanza, or The Rifleman or M*A*S*H*, mainly because they actually talk about God and quote the Bible. We need shows like that on regular TV. We need shows that don't shy away from God

Unfortunately, our country has become too politically correct for this to happen. If they made a show with religious undertones, some people would get upset an offended, and then they would make a big deal put of it, and the writer would end up getting trouble or something and everyone would stop watching the show and it would fail and everyone involved would lose money and it would just be a mess. It's not going to happen any time soon, unfortunately. At least that's my prediction.
Vilo159

Postby Nate » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Cleanedbyblood wrote:We need shows like that on regular TV. We need shows that don't shy away from God

Businesses do what turns a profit. If shows like that aren't airing, that means they're not popular. A TV station that shows unpopular shows loses money. A business that loses money shuts down. This is how capitalism works.

Last I checked there were no shortage of nostalgia type channels or even Christian-based programming. Can't remember the last time I saw a Buddhist channel or Islam channel, but there's the Christian Television Network, Christian Broadcasting Network, Trinity Broadcasting Network...that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more.

In addition, a show that does not mention God is not "shying away" from God. That's absurd. Most TV shows I know don't mention accounting, does that mean that TV shows are shying away from accounting? Are they shying away from plastic eating utensils? Just because a show doesn't mention something doesn't mean it is purposely avoiding it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Cleanedbyblood » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Nate (post: 1600244) wrote:Businesses do what turns a profit. If shows like that aren't airing, that means they're not popular. A TV station that shows unpopular shows loses money. A business that loses money shuts down. This is how capitalism works.

Last I checked there were no shortage of nostalgia type channels or even Christian-based programming. Can't remember the last time I saw a Buddhist channel or Islam channel, but there's the Christian Television Network, Christian Broadcasting Network, Trinity Broadcasting Network...that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more.

In addition, a show that does not mention God is not "shying away" from God. That's absurd. Most TV shows I know don't mention accounting, does that mean that TV shows are shying away from accounting? Are they shying away from plastic eating utensils? Just because a show doesn't mention something doesn't mean it is purposely avoiding it.

Vilo159 (post: 1600236) wrote:Unfortunately, our country has become too politically correct for this to happen. If they made a show with religious undertones, some people would get upset an offended, and then they would make a big deal put of it, and the writer would end up getting trouble or something and everyone would stop watching the show and it would fail and everyone involved would lose money and it would just be a mess. It's not going to happen any time soon, unfortunately. At least that's my prediction.

Thats what I was trying to say.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in people. Psalm 118:8

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Cleanedbyblood

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Actually, Christian Broadcasting isn't even that anymore. It's owned by ABC and is now called ABC Family. I think the only true Christian-run channel left is EWTN, and it's not commercially run at all. It's run completely by donors.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby DaughterOfZion » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 pm

For all of you whining about the state of secular television I present to you:
http://www.skyangel.com/
It has at least thirty, yes you heard it right folks, THIRTY christian channels, all for 15 bucks a month!
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 pm

rocklobster (post: 1600346) wrote:Actually, Christian Broadcasting isn't even that anymore. It's owned by ABC and is now called ABC Family. I think the only true Christian-run channel left is EWTN, and it's not commercially run at all. It's run completely by donors.

That's not the case.
http://www.tbn.org/

(Not saying I like this channel persay but it's still primarily used to appeal to Christians).

There really is no end to Christian TV, music, movies, what have you. Some are good, some are okay, some are awful, just like every other brand of media.
Yamamaya

Postby Furen » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:43 pm

For Canada, we have CTS
Furen

Postby Zeldafan2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Regarding the Christian TV, what some have said are correct. Christian TV isn't completley absent from TV, or anything. All of the ones that have been mentioned are including on some TV bundles, including Direct TV I might add. True, the more popular cable channels don't often carry Christian programming, and edit religious references in shows that have a Christian theme (like they did with Veggietales when it moved to NBC), and yet, local channels still carry church service airings of pastors like Pat Robertson, and several others I don't even remember the name to.
Zeldafan2

Postby TheMewster » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Don't forget TBN and its Christian youth channel, JCTV. It's not on my satellite. You can get it through the free tv broadcasting (can't remember what it is called) if its in your area, or watch JCTV online.

Back on topic, when I heard the Two and a Half Men story, I thought it was a hoax.

Edit: Just noticed that Yamamaya put TBN. But still, JCTV exists.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Cleanedbyblood wrote:Thats what I was trying to say.

You were trying to say the opposite of what you said before? (In reference to the "shying away from God" statement I mean.)

Hey guys, don't forget Daystar TV! They even have a 24 hour live video camera feed from Israel set up so you can watch Jesus come back!

Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 pm

DaughterOfZion (post: 1600352) wrote:For all of you whining about the state of secular television I present to you:
It has at least thirty, yes you heard it right folks, THIRTY christian channels, all for 15 bucks a month!

I'm so glad we've finally established that angels are actually satellites. It explains so much about the Bible.

PS OMG YOU GUYS LET'S WRITE A CHRISTIAN RIP-OFF OF 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY BASED ON THIS CONCEPT
Yuki-Anne

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Nate (post: 1600378) wrote:You were trying to say the opposite of what you said before? (In reference to the "shying away from God" statement I mean.)

Hey guys, don't forget Daystar TV! They even have a 24 hour live video camera feed from Israel set up so you can watch Jesus come back!

Because apparently, people won't notice this:
and they will need to watch it streamed live!
Yamamaya

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm gonna be the minority voice once again, and say... I liked the show. Granted, it was my fist year in Korea and I was desperate to hear conversation in native-born American English (I had to add the "born" part because otherwise it would have said "Native American") but I liked it. I mostly liked Rose. For those of you who didn't watch the show (apparently everyone here) Rose was Charlie's stalker. When he left the show, and they killed his character off, she ended up being the one who killed him, and that really annoyed me. Crazy stalker, yeah, but Rose was no murderer. She never would have done anything to hurt Charlie.

Anyhow, that's cool about what he said. I also watch "How I met your mother" which is pretty raunchy at times, to the point I feel embarrassed watching it, but I can't let any sort of story arc (namely the nebulous, meandering arc of actually finding the Mother) slip away. I have to know how it ends... It's a weakness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby goldenspines » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 pm

DaughterOfZion (post: 1600352) wrote:For all of you whining about the state of secular television I present to you:
This thread suddenly became very confusing when I clicked on that link and saw a picture of people at a Thanksgiving dinner with a grizzly bear.

Anyway, let's not fly too off topic with the Christian entertainment/media talk. That can lead to theology talk, which is not suited in General or General Entertainment. (speaking of which, moved to General Entertainment. Sorry I didn't notice sooner.)
goldenspines

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm

goldenspines (post: 1600424) wrote:This thread suddenly became very confusing when I clicked on that link and saw a picture of people at a Thanksgiving dinner with a grizzly bear.

Lol. Why a bear? Because Jesus, that's why.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

And that bear's name was Albert Einstein.

Nate

Postby Tarnish » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

And that bear's name was Albert Einstein.

*slow clap*
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:05 am

Tarnish (post: 1600117) wrote:I agree with the little weirdo that 2.5 Men is terrible. Everything else he says is straight-up insane to a hilarious degree.

Dude, seriously, you can't keep insulting Nate.
--------

Anycase, I'm so out of modern pop culture I can honestly say I've never seen this (though I have an aunt who loves it) or BBT. Maybe I'm better off for it? It's hard to figure out which shows I should check out at some point.
Atria35

Previous

Return to General Entertainment