Disney buys Lucasfilm

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:28 pm

http://usat.ly/Yk5zY8

What's up with this crap? Lucas is full of osik! Hasn't he done enough damage?
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby blkmage » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:29 pm

brb laughing forever
blkmage

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Laughing at Disney? Lol
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Psycho Molos

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Ican'tstoplaughingohgodthisisn'tevenfunnywhycan'tIstoplaughing.
Neane

Postby Michael Lance » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:16 pm

geez, Disney... so greedy...
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

spell it right, or don't spell it at all.

@)}~`,~

Thank you, for all you do for us.

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby Zeldafan2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:23 pm

I don't know, I may be a loner here, but I really liked the prequel trilogy (even if it could have been done better ((especially episode 3) )). I certainly don't hate Lucas. In my opinon, Star Wars the Clone Wars is probably the most damaging thing done to Star Wars.

But regarding this news, I'm almost glad they are making another Star Wars movie. Now, let's just hope they don't fail misreably at doing it...
Zeldafan2

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Zeldafan2 (post: 1595251) wrote:But regarding this news, I'm almost glad they are making another Star Wars movie. Now, let's just hope they don't fail misreably at doing it...

[INDENT]If they plan on adapting the Thrawn Trilogy, these movies are already better than even the first Star Wars movie.

Seriously. Not even Disney can mess up that plot.
[/INDENT]
Neane

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Neane (post: 1595244) wrote:Ican'tstoplaughingohgodthisisn'tevenfunnywhycan'tIstoplaughing.

Youre laughing at me, aren't u? :(( Stupid male normie :((

Psycho Molos

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Zeldafan2 (post: 1595251) wrote:I don't know, I may be a loner here, but I really liked the prequel trilogy (even if it could have been done better ((especially episode 3) )). I certainly don't hate Lucas. In my opinon, Star Wars the Clone Wars is probably the most damaging thing done to Star Wars.

But regarding this news, I'm almost glad they are making another Star Wars movie. Now, let's just hope they don't fail misreably at doing it...

Finally someone who agrees with me. And I think the Thrawn trilogy would be a good idea for.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby goldenspines » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:09 pm

If they fired George Lucas, there may be hope. O:

Lucas will serve as a creative consultant but plans to retire.

Oh never mind, we're still screwed. He will never give it up fully.

Actually, if there are other Star Wars movies (7 and beyond, because people like to make money), I wouldn't mind seeing the Thrawn trilogy. Though, admittedly, my guilty pleasure were some of the early Star Wars novels.
But knowing Disney, it's probably going to be computer animated and it's probably going to be targeted towards mainly younger kids. *coughclonewarscough* I mean, it would be hard to do anything else, since the original actors are far too old to continue making movies.
[fan rage] I will not be able to stand it if they have the story with Luke and Mara be animated. I will lose all hope. [/fan rage]
So meh, it's just Disney trying to make more monies or saving the sinking Star Wars ship. Either way, it may just be a ploy to sell more action figures and star wars lunch boxes to kids.
goldenspines

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 pm

goldenspines (post: 1595273) wrote:But knowing Disney, it's probably going to be computer animated and it's probably going to be targeted towards mainly younger kids.

Might not be that bad, I mean all the kiddies these days want are dozens of glowing monkeys jumping around the screen cutting each other to pieces.

Think Avengers style over the top stuff.

Also, if they made Star Wars VII-IX a CGI movie, it would work. Then they could have the original actors just reprise their roles with voice acting.

And ironically, Luke Skywalker would probably be a 10x better actor in animated form. And it might look good computer animated.
Neane

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm

goldenspines (post: 1595273) wrote:But knowing Disney, it's probably going to be computer animated and it's probably going to be targeted towards mainly younger kids. *coughclonewarscough*

I'm not so sure about this - Disney's owned the Muppets and Marvel for a while, and it doesn't seem like they've done much to change the way they do business or to change their creative output yet, besides given them a bigger budget for bigger projects and wider avenues for distribution. And hey, The Avengers wasn't exactly a kids' movie, was it? I don't think Marvel could've made The Avengers, not only the movie itself, but most of the movies leading up to it, without funding from Disney to take such a big risk. I'm waiting on this whole thing, but I think what's going to make or break it is how much creative control Lucas is going to have in this deal and whether someone will be around to tell him no, not the deal itself.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Disney doesn't only make kids' movies.

But still, Lucas whatever happened to, "I'll never make an episode VII?" Guess by that, he just meant he wouldn't make one.
Yamamaya

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Honestly, I don't see how this is a bad deal for anyone. It's good business; a merger of two of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world. One might say "the fans lose," but we lost the instant Jar Jar Binks was created. It really can't go downhill from there.

I don't necessarily think it'll be animated. As others pointed out, Disney does plenty of live action.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:17 pm

I honestly thought this was a joke at first (in fact, I actually started laughing when I reached the announcement of the release of more films... until I realized it was serious :eyeroll:).

In the end, though, I don't really have much of an opinion about new Star Wars films in and of themselves-- because, to be honest, I completely stopped caring about any new SW stuff onscreen once The Clone Wars CG TV series started messing up the continuity :shady: -- but, like many SW fans right now, I am concerned about how this might affect the EU (Expanded Universe-- everything that's not onscreen, e.g. the novels, games, etc.).

Now, I do love Pixar and the new Marvel stuff and all that, so of course there's a slight possibility of this being a good thing; but the only thing that I'm really going to hope for is that this doesn't end up messing with the current continuity of the EU, because if it does, that would pretty much take away the one last thing keeping me engaged in the SW fandom in the first place. :shady:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Thrawn trilogy would be awesome visually. As long as Lucas doesn't go Joe Quesada on Luke and turn him into the next Peter Parker.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Tommy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Disney bought out Marvel Studios and no one is complaining.

Honestly, even watching Episodes 1 and 2 in theaters as a little kid I could tell that Lucas was milking his franchise for all it was worth, but I do feel like he redeemed himself with Episode 3 and that despite Hayden Christensen's deplorable acting, the series tied itself together quite nicely.

I'm interested to see where this new trilogy could go.
Personally after watching the fourth Indiana Jones film, I'd be content with anyone else doing the next Star Wars trilogy.

Yuki-Anne (post: 1595284) wrote: but we lost the instant Jar Jar Binks was created. It really can't go downhill from there.

This.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:06 am

[quote="Yuki-Anne (post: 1595284)"]Honestly, I don't see how this is a bad deal for anyone. It's good business]

Yes, but a lot of the live action they've done isn't exactly the best. After all, they are the studio that turned the Rock from an awesome, funny wrestler into a goofy action star.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:21 am

I'm not sure why anyone would really expect the EU stuff to get adapted. For starters, most of it is pretty bad. I doubt the majority of the people who like Star Wars (enough to see it in the theater anyways) would be really excited to go see the Jedi Academy Trilogy or Darksaber or anything. I know everyone loves Thrawn, but I'm not sure how well Thrawn would work in 2015 rather than 1991. They're some of the best of the EU, certainly, but I'm not sure why Disney would even bother trying to adapt them. New movies means with certainty that it's going to be different from the EU. If I had to put money on anything, I'm guessing the EU is too big at this point to ditch so we'll have the Disney film universe and then the current EU which will remain separate from the films.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby seaglass27 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:36 am

And soon Google will buy Facebook. And then the world will end.
seaglass27

Postby Neane » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 am

Source says new trilogy will be an "original story".

Well there goes the hope for a Thrawn Trilogy.

MangaRocks! (post: 1595296) wrote:(Expanded Universe-- everything that's not onscreen, e.g. the novels, games, etc.).

I have a question, does this deal mean no new Knights of the Old Republic?
I'll be sad because that and the Thrawn Trilogy are the only EU material that I consider "good". But then again, I will be happy if that means that there will never be a character as stupid as Carth Let me tell you why you look exactly like my dead wife the whole time Onasi again.
Neane

Postby battletech » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:00 am

The EU books will always be my continuation of the Star Wars story after episode six. If the new movies don't follow them then I will count them as alternate timeline. I will enjoy them for what they are. Hats I totally disagree most of the EU books are great. I have enjoyed them very much.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am

goldenspines (post: 1595273) wrote:If they fired George Lucas, there may be hope. O:

Oh never mind, we're still screwed. He will never give it up fully.

Actually, if there are other Star Wars movies (7 and beyond, because people like to make money), I wouldn't mind seeing the Thrawn trilogy. Though, admittedly, my guilty pleasure were some of the early Star Wars novels.
But knowing Disney, it's probably going to be computer animated and it's probably going to be targeted towards mainly younger kids. *coughclonewarscough* I mean, it would be hard to do anything else, since the original actors are far too old to continue making movies.
[fan rage] I will not be able to stand it if they have the story with Luke and Mara be animated. I will lose all hope. [/fan rage]
So meh, it's just Disney trying to make more monies or saving the sinking Star Wars ship. Either way, it may just be a ploy to sell more action figures and star wars lunch boxes to kids.

I agree - I'll start blowing things up if they animate Mara and Luke's story.

Though I have to admit - CGI has come a long way in terms of realisticness. If they do animate it, I just hope they take the time to make it look realistic, and not like that Clone Wars crap they threw together and called a movie just for the sake of keeping the Star Wars craze going.

Not to mention - they'd better have a good actor for Mara, or else I refuse to watch the new movies.
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

that awkward moment when you go to see who's online, and someone else is already looking at the members list...
Michael Lance

Postby seaglass27 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 am

That sucks in the extreme. It'll probably be loaded with some sort of "follow your heart" Disney crap.
seaglass27

Postby Neane » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 am

Otaku Jordan (post: 1595395) wrote:That sucks in the extreme. It'll probably be loaded with some sort of "follow your heart" Disney crap.

Yeah it does suck, the Thrawn trilogy (Thrawn may be marty stue but he's an amazing one.) is better than anything from the franchise after Empire Strikes Back (The closest Star Wars ever got to true greatness) got made with the possible exception of KOTOR 2 (But that's only with the Restored Content Mod).

There is a definite possibility that the franchise goes full kiddie with this merger. But is that a bad thing?

Star wars throughout the years has had a real problem deciding which direction it wanted to go. Lucas always said it "was for kids" while still putting people being burned alive and genocide in his movies, he retconned everything that made the star wars universe interesting and made so many contradictions even the most hardcore fans don't know what to make of it anymore.

Now that he's out of the picture, Disney is going to take that mess and straighten it out. What will come out of it? No clue. But even if Disney kills the franchise it will be better off then the purgatory it is in now.

Just give me KOTOR 3 made by Obsidian Entertainment and I will be happy.
Neane

Postby Michael Lance » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

after reading the entire report on the new Star Wars movie, this is all I have to say:

*while banging head on desk* idiots. idiots, idiots, idiots...
M-I-C-H-A-E-L

@)}~`,~

Michael Lance

Postby Nate » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:27 pm

Guys there already was a Star Wars VII.

How quickly everybody forgot "Star Wars VII: The Secret of the New Death Star, Boba Fett Goes to the Sun, and R2-D2 Fights a Lava Snake."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRHy3cu31M

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Hey can everyone stop the pessimism? Please? Can we stop the doom and gloom and just wait for the first movie to arrive? Can we be optimistic for once? Is that too hard?

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:03 pm

rocklobster (post: 1595431) wrote:Hey can everyone stop the pessimism? Please? Can we stop the doom and gloom and just wait for the first movie to arrive? Can we be optimistic for once? Is that too hard?

I feel this was as well. Do all of us forget that George Lucas is the guy who created the Star Wars films in the first place? He created the original trilogy that started the space epic that is Star Wars, after all. And now, most of you are jumping down his throat just because he's going to be creative consultant for these next movies. The prequel trilogy had its faults, but overall, they were good movies.

Now, like Rocky just said, let's try to be more optimistic. This could be a good thing if done well. And to add, just because you are a consultant on a TV series (or in this case, a movie), it doesn't neccesarrily mean much. Brian Micheal Bendis, the author of the rather grim dark Ultimate Spider Man comics, is consultant producer for Ultimate Spider Man the TV series, and that series is THE most lighthearted Spider Man series yet, with barely any dark themes. That shows that being a consultant isn't all that big a deal. (Even if I personally like George Lucas.)
Zeldafan2

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 pm

The problem is George Lucas isn't about to let Star Wars ago. EVER. I mean, it'd be fine if he handed the reins of his baby to Disney 100%. BUT NO! He has to make sure it follows his vision. Good night.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Next

Return to General Entertainment