Its October so its scary movie time!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Its October so its scary movie time!

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Sorry late on this. But as per my tradition, what are some great scary movies you like to watch this time of year. My Halloween musts are

Scream
Trick R Treat
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elmstreet
Halloween.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Neane » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 pm

I generally tend to like horror movies that are more psychological as opposed to straight-forward scary. To me, those are the ones that stay with you the longest. The ones that immediately come to mind are:

Jacob's Ladder
Oldboy
Tetsuo, the Iron Man
Mulholland Drive
Audition
Polanski's Repulsion
Neane

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm

I've already started getting into the Halloween mood by watching Alien and Ringu. My plan for the actual day is to watch The Grudge with my roommate ;) Can't wait!

My favorite horror films (in order of what I find the scariest):
Ju-On 2
The Grudge
El Orfanato
Signs
Ringu
The Others
Psycho

I plan to expand this list a bit over fall break ;)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:50 pm

[quote="the_wolfs_howl (post: 1592667)"]I've already started getting into the Halloween mood by watching Alien and Ringu. My plan for the actual day is to watch The Grudge with my roommate ]

Not a huge fan of the Grudge or Signs but great choices outside of that XD I recommend you check out the recent film Tall Man, great story even though it isn't the most terrifying film ever.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Atria35 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Ju-On
Trick r Treat
Psycho

are really my three go-to titles. I will be watching a whole bunch of new ones this October to add to my list!
Atria35

Postby SilverToast » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 pm

I agree with GrubbtheFragger those are good choices wolf's howl. You might like Muoi: The Legend of a Portrait since you like ju on 2. Pan's Labyrinth is good too if you like Guillermo del Toro's El Orfanato.
SilverToast

Postby rocklobster » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:01 am

I have this tradition where I watch a different horror film every October. This year, I chose the zombie classic, Army of Darkness. Groovy.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Black and white version of Night of the Living Dead. It's the only movie to have genuinely scared me.
Xeno

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:50 pm

I'd have to second Trick R Treat, Psycho, and Scream. Oh and Halloween.

I would add Sleepy Hollow... not scary but very atmospheric and feels very Halloweenish. Also, Poltergeist. Hocus Pocus... haha I kid on the last one :P

That's all I can think of at the moment. This year I'm probably just gonna keep watching my Supernatural episodes... Maybe give this movie "Tall Man" a try... don't know if it's really any good but it sounded interesting what I read of it. Oh and I wanna see Sinister in the theatres.... I haven't read reviews on that yet but the trailers had my interest.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1593089) wrote:I'd have to second Trick R Treat, Psycho, and Scream. Oh and Halloween.

I would add Sleepy Hollow... not scary but very atmospheric and feels very Halloweenish. Also, Poltergeist. Hocus Pocus... haha I kid on the last one :P

That's all I can think of at the moment. This year I'm probably just gonna keep watching my Supernatural episodes... Maybe give this movie "Tall Man" a try... don't know if it's really any good but it sounded interesting what I read of it. Oh and I wanna see Sinister in the theatres.... I haven't read reviews on that yet but the trailers had my interest.

Tall man is a fantastic film, its not scary 100% of the way through it but its still a great film. If your expecting a good spooky film you'll be disappointed, watch it as a film not as a scary film if that makes since.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 am

So, I managed to watch House on Haunted Hill, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, and Ginger Snaps over fall break. None were really horrifying, though Ginger Snaps came the closest. (I think the reason it didn't feel completely horrifying except for a bit at the beginning was because you knew exactly why things were happening and what was going on - fear of the unknown is much more powerful.)

I tried to watch Trick 'r Treat, but I barely lasted 15 minutes. Way too much for me in terms of gore, sexual content, and gross factor >_< Looked like it would be pretty scary, though.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:22 am

I think I'm going to watch the Vincent Price cult-classic 'Theatre of Blood', a British movie about a pompous actor turned serial killer who kills the critics who mocked him in murders inspired by famous deaths in Shakespeare. Silly but strangely chilling.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Return to General Entertainment