Exciting Toonami news!!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Exciting Toonami news!!!

Postby sonicfan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Well it's been a while since I have put Toonami news on the forums.

Today, I have some news that might be very exciting to some of you.

First off, starting next week, TOONAMI IS EXTENDING IT'S LINEUP FROM 12 TO 6, meaning NO RERUNS!! This is exactly what I thought Toonami should do. This is a chance for them to put new shows on the block.

And speaking of new shows here's the second news bit, two of the new shows are going to be SYM-BIONIC TITAN AND THUNDERCATS (2011)!!

Now mind you these are just reruns, but this might be a chance for Titan to get a new season if it does well on the block.
sonicfan

Postby Xeno » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 pm

So they're ending reruns to air reruns. Yes, exciting news indeed.

Xeno

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm

but this might be a chance for Titan to get a new season if it does well on the block.

Not going to happen. Genndy Tartakovsky left CN and works for Sony Pictures Animation and now has no ties with CN for now.
Roy Mustang

Postby Tommy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Xeno (post: 1590718) wrote:So they're ending reruns to air reruns. Yes, exciting news indeed.

this.

TOONAMI IS EXTENDING IT'S LINEUP FROM 12 TO 6, meaning NO RERUNS!!

Now mind you these are just reruns, but this might be a chance for Titan to get a new season if it does well on the block.

wut?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby rocklobster » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 am

Are they trying to make Toonami fail? If so, then they will succeed! WE WANT NEW STUFF YOU IDIOTS!!!!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby airichan623 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 am

rocklobster (post: 1590768) wrote:Are they trying to make Toonami fail? If so, then they will succeed! WE WANT NEW STUFF YOU IDIOTS!!!!

hear hear!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby sonicfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1590749) wrote:Not going to happen. Genndy Tartakovsky left CN and works for Sony Pictures Animation and now has no ties with CN for now.

Well I read on wikipedia that it may possibly (slight chance) come back for another season.

"At Comic-Con 2012 Tartakovsky mentioned there is a slight chance to reboot the show, possibly after finishing Hotel Transylvania."
sonicfan

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 am

sonicfan wrote:Well I read on wikipedia that it may possibly (slight chance) come back for another season.

"At Comic-Con 2012 Tartakovsky mentioned there is a slight chance to reboot the show, possibly after finishing Hotel Transylvania."

If does come back, I don't see CN getting it, when the news broke that CN stop the show because they couldn't make any money off of the toys.

But I question wikipedia on this. It has been plan and Tartakovsky also said it in an interview that, if Hotel Transylvania does well. That his next project for Sony is to make a Samurai Jack movie.
Roy Mustang

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:55 am

If I were him, I'd put it on the Hub. They seem more willing to give a show a chance, unlike CN.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby battletech » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 am

rocklobster (post: 1590933) wrote:If I were him, I'd put it on the Hub. They seem more willing to give a show a chance, unlike CN.

It could happen. Only on the Hub. :lol:
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 am

Eh, it may be reruns but at least they are newer reruns (no more Inuyasha); also the new format bodes well for the future.

I think that they are trying something and if it works well the will pour enough money into it that we'll get some new stuff.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 pm

That's why I say they're setting it up for failure. I've pretty much given up on more Thundercats or Titan. So I don't want them giving me that carrot on the stick.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:52 pm

rocklobster wrote:I've pretty much given up on more Thundercats or Titan. So I don't want them giving me that carrot on the stick.

I don't know why anyone would think that Titan would come back after Genndy Tartakovsky left CN for Sony Pictures Animation. That was the nail in the coffin for Titan. He didn't leave Sony Pictures Animation, because of the deal with Titan and CN. He left, because he wanted to start doing animation movies and as far as I know, no bridges were not burnt between him and CN. Also, Tartakovsky said that Titan was nothing more then a pet project for him and it didn't bug him that it was drop by CN.
Roy Mustang

Postby Popyman » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 am

Tommy (post: 1590757) wrote:wut?

He means that from midnight to six in the morning there are different shows. As it has been, they air their shows for the night and then repeat them.
"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."
--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts
Popyman

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:20 pm

You know, now that I think of it, I shouldn't be too surprised that CN is attempting to make Toonami fail again. Even when they first had it, they always mucked around with it. First, they shortened it to two hours. Then, they moved it to after 5 because at the time they owned WB networks and didn't want to compete with themselves. (I'm not making this up)Then Miguzi came along and Toonami got moved to weekends, where it stayed until they pulled the plug. And each time, we got no word of it changing. They never advertised any changes or let us know it was happening. You had to rely on word of mouth or constantly check your TV guide.
TL, DR: I like them making it last for 6 hours, but I don't like what they're going to do with the longer slot. Yet another example of CN taking a step forward and then taking a step back.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 pm

rocklobster (post: 1591057) wrote:You know, now that I think of it, I shouldn't be too surprised that CN is attempting to make Toonami fail again.

What benefit would any network have in making sure they fail one portion of the day?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby rocklobster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 am

Because getting rid of Toonami would give them more time to put up stupid stuff like a Level up marathon.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:54 am

rocklobster (post: 1591803) wrote:Because getting rid of Toonami would give them more time to put up stupid stuff like a Level up marathon.

Clearly, Level Up marathons are making money, which is Cartoon Network's sole purpose for existence, mind you, while Toonami is not. Anime on TV is pretty much dead now, apart from a few belleweathers like Pokemon and whatever Adult Swim's been showing in perpetuity, and one of the reasons seems to be that it's less profitable right now for a network to license anime than it does to make their own shows. That's the cold, economic facts: anime on TV doesn't grab as many eyeballs as it used to. I mean, shoot, Rocky, you've posted pages-long lists of all the anime you can watch free and legally online, any time you want. A couple of hours of whatever CN can scrounge up on the cheap just doesn't cut it anymore for fans, and even if AdultSwim!Toonami did manage to get a couple decent shows on there, it still has to compete with that. And I think I know who'll bewinning that fight
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Xeno » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

Xeno

Postby Zeldafan2 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:53 am

rocklobster (post: 1591803) wrote:Because getting rid of Toonami would give them more time to put up stupid stuff like a Level up marathon.

I disagree with you here.

Sure, Level Up does earn money for Cartoon Network (as sad of a fact that is), but they aren't trying to get rid of Toonami.

They were already airing anime on that block even before they returned Toonami. The block probably doesn't earn all that much money, but then again, nothing earns much on the late night block. They took advantage of the fact that a lot of fans wanted Toonami back, so they basicially retooled their late night block a little bit, and called it Toonami. Its actually a pretty good marketing scheme on their part, and so far, it seems to be working for them.
Zeldafan2

Postby Tommy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 pm

I know this might break your heart but a network is going to do what they can to stay in business and make profit.

It appears to be anime fans over the age of 13 are a minority for cartoon network watchers so it makes more sense to do what they can to stay in business.

If no one watches Toonami then it only makes perfect sense to get rid of it.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Return to General Entertainment