A Link to the Past...Animated?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

A Link to the Past...Animated?

Postby Vii » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37N4GkFRUoI

Basically it's gonna be, if they get enough donations, an animated series based on the manga, based on the video game.
I think it's awesome that they got Todd Haberkorn and Vic Mignogna to play two of the main characters. 0w0

So...thoughts?
I personally think it looks pretty good. I'm unfamiliar with the manga, but A Link to the Past is one of my favorite video games. I think It'd be cool to see some of scenes animated.

[SIZE="1"]*I wasn't sure whether to put this in anime, manga, or video games, since it incorporates all three, so I just put it here.*[/SIZE]
Vii

Postby Cianter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Looks awesome to me, hope they are able to finish it:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cianter
Cianter

Postby SilverToast » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes! I thought that this might show up here soon. I've never read the manga either but the game was fun. I hope they will be able to get some episodes up.
SilverToast

Postby ADXC » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Agh, I would so love for this to happen!

Having Todd Habberkorn and Vic Mignogna VA this is going to be a huge plus, as well.
ADXC

Postby Hiryu » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 am

I really like everything about it, but I don't know about the art and animation. I'd take it over nothing though.
Hiryu

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 pm

^ It'd probably be best to think of it as an animated manga instead of an anime.

It looks interesting, but I doubt they got tendo's approval for production.
ABlipinTime

Postby Vii » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:55 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1587079) wrote:It looks interesting, but I doubt they got tendo's approval for production.

Probably not, but as long as they don't use any copyrighted soundtracks, they should be fine. There's so much Zelda stuff out there, and the only thing I've seen them taken down for is music copyright, and only when you use music straight from the soundtrack albums or the games, not covers or your own arrangements.
Vii

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 am

I remain cautiously optimistic about this. It's a bit hard to tell how good it'll be, since we can't see any of the actual animation, but if they were actually able to get such high-quality voice actors on board...it can't be too bad, I say :thumb:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ABlipinTime » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Vii (post: 1587166) wrote:Probably not, but as long as they don't use any copyrighted soundtracks, they should be fine. There's so much Zelda stuff out there, and the only thing I've seen them taken down for is music copyright, and only when you use music straight from the soundtrack albums or the games, not covers or your own arrangements.

Actually, I was under the impression there was an LoZ fan-film released and Nintendo had it taken down. I don't know if the original score (music) was in the video or not, but I don't think so.

Also, you may be interested in the following project (if you haven't heard of it already):
http://www.thezeldaproject.net/
ABlipinTime

Postby Vii » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:03 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1587263) wrote:Actually, I was under the impression there was an LoZ fan-film released and Nintendo had it taken down. I don't know if the original score (music) was in the video or not, but I don't think so.

Also, you may be interested in the following project (if you haven't heard of it already):
http://www.thezeldaproject.net/

Hm. I've never heard of the fan-film. Then again, I'm not incredibly immersed in Zelda fanstuff. I just stumble into it from time to time.
I do know there was an fan-made April Fools Day movie trailer that was released, maybe your thinking of that? Or was it animated?

And that looks like a cool project. The cosplay's and stuff look niiiiiice.
I dunno about the film thing, though. Live-action Zelda...ehhhhhhh...
Vii

Postby ADXC » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Ahh, the good ol' fanmade Zelda trailers.

This one in particular is one I thought to be of great quality. I really hope Majora's Mask is remade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw
ADXC

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 pm

^ Looks... more on the creepy side. However...
[spoiler]I laughed at seeing the Mario mask.[/spoiler]
Definitely high graphic. Means the ROM will run slow on older computers (assuming the game is released, which assumes it's legit).

@Vii - *looks up April fools joke* Never saw that before. The graphics looked good (but not the directing). That was a bit of work to put into an April fools joke.
[strike]I don't recall anything more about the project that was shut down, sorry. If I stumble upon it again (not likely), I'll have to remember to show it to you.[/strike]

EDIT: I don't know for sure, but I think it may have been the Hero of Time film.
http://mynintendonews.com/2010/01/02/nintendo-nintendo-take-down-popular-zelda-fan-movie/
ABlipinTime

Postby ADXC » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Majora's Mask is a creepy game on its own. XDD At least I thought so...
ADXC

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 pm

It was creepy, and I only watched it being played. However, the atmosphere of the game world is much lighter when cheap graphics and crappy lighting are used. (Ah! But how I miss those cheap graphics in N64 games!)

Now if only it was as easy to make a fan-made film using LoZ as it was to make a TV show for Halo (Red vs Blue), then...

oh wait. The internet would be plagued with them.
ABlipinTime

Return to General Entertainment