Metal Gear Solid: The Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Metal Gear Solid: The Movie

Postby Crossfire » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am

It is a great day for MGS fans. Not only have we gotten an annoucement for a new game, but a movie as well! Let's hope this doesn't end up in "production hell" again.

Also, Hugh Jackman as Snake. Spread the word and make it happen.
Crossfire

Postby Popyman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Just as pointless as an Uncharted movie. :/ Might go see it, but if David Hayter isn't a part of it in someway I won't spend a dime on it.
Popyman

Postby Crossfire » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:51 pm

I wouldn't call it pointless, but it's definitely an interesting choice. I can't see them doing an adaption for the actual games, but rather the bits and pieces of story between them.
Crossfire

Postby Popyman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 am

It is though, the whole point of Metal Gear Solid was for it to be Kojima's love of movies in interactive form. And the best most memorable moments of the series come from the moments he chooses to allow or not allow player interaction. If this is an adaption of the games, most of its spirit will be sucked out.

A new story in the world of MGS would be cool. Or a retelling of Metal Gear, it being interactive isn't nearly as big of a deal as the MGS games.
Popyman

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:58 pm

I hope this movie is going to be great. So far there aren't any filmmaker names attached to the current attempt that impress me, but these are still early days. I know the name Avi Arad, off course, who rebuilt a bankrupt late '90's Marvel Comics and helped set-up and fund many Marvel Studios films, including Avengers and Iron Man, but so far has not done anything outside Marvel worth noting.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Peanut » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:58 pm

They can't have another Snake besides David Hayter. He even kind of looks like Snake.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:23 pm

I've always thought Metal Gear Solid should have been a movie instead. If they can actually do a good job with this, I'm all for it! :thumb:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Re: Metal Gear Solid: The Movie

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:50 pm

So... has there been any more news on this?

I think the MG movie has been announced about 20 times. I'm wondering which portion of the story this will retell. Perhaps just MG 1 and MG 2 (if there are at least two movies, I guess) unless they decide to just not touch the story from the games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm

It looks like we will not see an MGS on the screen for some time its not lookin good, producer Mike De Luca has said plans to bring Metal Gear Solid to the big screen have stalled.
Roy Mustang

Postby Crossfire » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Ah, crap. With Kojima's official announcement I thought production would be rolling along.
Crossfire

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 pm

I thought there was already a Metal Gear Solid movie it was called Metal Gear Solid 4.
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm

A real movie would have to be edited down a lot more, and an American movie should work harder on removing exposition, which Japanese media in general seem to have no problem with. That's Not to say I didn't love MGS4. I did. I think that they should have kept the ending that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: took place BEFORE the credits, personally but other than that, I liked it. It brought the series to a wonderful close...

What's this rising thing you're talking about? Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain are prequels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment