The Walking Dead starts back tomorrow night!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Walking Dead starts back tomorrow night!

Postby Popyman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Anyone else excited? =D The first season was phenomenal, can't wait to see what's in store for this one. Plus, it's going to be 13 episodes long instead of 6!
Popyman

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Somehow, I still haven't watched the finale. :lol:
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Popyman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh you've got to! It's really good!

By the way, I love your avatar. Everything you say I hear in Agent Cooper's voice. XD
Popyman

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:22 am

I'll be watching it. Season one was great
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:46 pm

What an ending! So what are everyone's thoughts on the season 2 opener

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Popyman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:54 pm

I know right?? I was freaking out! XD

But yes, that was an amazing episode! I have absolutely no complaints, it was just as perfect as every episode of last season.

Also, is it just me or are the zombies a lot faster and smarter this season...? The one who went in the RV and the two that chased the girl through the woods seemed of a higher quality and intelligence than the others...Maybe not though. XD
Popyman

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:06 pm

They do seem smarter and a bit quicker. I need this week to go by fast XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Xeno » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 am

Since I don't do cable I bought the season pass for it on iTunes and thanks to some weird issue Apple is having I can't get the episode unless I pay $2.99 on top of the $35 I've already spent on pre-purchasing season 2.

I was very pleased with how season 1 went so once Apple corrects the issue with my download I'll update my post with my opinion on the S2 opener.
Xeno

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm pretty excited about this starting up again, but unfortunately I have yet to finish season 1. XD I saw three episodes, but missed the last three because of various conflicts with my schedule. XD I really enjoyed what I did see of last season, though, so I'm looking forward to catching up on Netflix soon and watching the new episodes!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Second episode of season 2 tonight. Can't wait

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Episode 2 was a pretty emotion driven episode. So far I am enjoying this season a lot.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby ebonyrose » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 am

O_o You liked episode 2?

Kidding. Kinda. This season was pretty much TMD;NEZ to me: Too Much Drama, Not Enough Zombies. Which, I pretty much say during any dramatic movie, but this time there's actual zombies (excuuuse me, infected) to say "NEEDZ MOAR ZOMBIES! >:0 ". Yes indeed, after episodes one and two, I was starting to lose hope for this season.

Then. Came episode three. <3

[Spoiler] Maybe I'm just overly happy because I totally saw Shawn throwing Otis under the zombie bus from a mile away. I'd been making jokes about how if the zombies ate him, they'd be full for weeks for a few episodes by then (cruel, I know. ._. ), so I figured Shawn would be thinking the same way. Anyway, it was such a scumbag move, it really got me eager to find out what happens to Shawn in the next few episodes. [/spoiler]
This shall be updated when I decide that I have something interesting enough to say! Until then, let's watch this little smiley guy slam his head into a wall!
:bang:
Hehe... that's way too amusing...
ebonyrose

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 am

I actually prefer the drama/character driven episodes more so than the "OH MY GOD ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!!!!" episode. The latter get redundant and tiring, character development and growth is awesome. What happened in episode 3 was painfully obvious but still good to see because it was developmental for the character, but we also got to see some zombies doing zombie stuff.

I'm very much enjoying this season, not as much so far as season one, but I am enjoying it a lot. Still the best show on tv in my opinion.
Xeno

Postby ebonyrose » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:41 am

Meh. I have a tendency to get irritated when things get too dramatic. I'm going to admit, That's probably because I'm not particularly in love with any of the characters, other than Grimes, Dale, and Darryl. I find Angela and Lori too prone to monologue on how terrible it is to keep on living in such a world.

And yes, too many zombies, not enough drama, is just as bad as its reverse. Actually, the character development of an already-despised character, not the zombies, is what really makes me want to watch the next episode.

Well, since this is a The Walking Dead thread, I'm going to ask what everyone's thus-far favorite moment was, of the whole series. I'm guessing we've all watched season one, but I'm going to spoilertag, juuuust in case.

[spoiler] Favorite moment/oh-my-gosh, I-can't-watch: Myrtle (Spelling? XD Dunno) on the roof with the zombies coming. At least, I think it was my favorite moment. I had to fast forward it, because I was about to have a heart attack for the poor skinhead. [/spoiler]
This shall be updated when I decide that I have something interesting enough to say! Until then, let's watch this little smiley guy slam his head into a wall!
ebonyrose

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I still like The Walking Dead and hope it keeps going. The production team is now base in my old town in Ga.

A year ago, The Walking Dead was the best thing on TV, but I feel that American Horror Story has taken that place this year for a horror series.
Roy Mustang

Postby ich1990 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 pm

I just watched episode 2 and it was intense. Yes, there is a lot of drama and some of the characters are downright annoying (such as the blond haired chick), but that is par for the course for this show. We like The Walking Dead because it is a character study first and a zombie movie second, remember? At least that was the consensus last season.

So far, I would say the series has picked right back up were it left off the first season with no discernible difference in quality (although I agree that the zombies have gotten faster). It continues to be excellent and continues to hold the suspense. I am satisfied with how it has turned out so far.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

ich1990 (post: 1513425) wrote:I just watched episode 2 and it was intense. Yes, there is a lot of drama and some of the characters are downright annoying (such as the blond haired chick), but that is par for the course for this show. We like The Walking Dead because it is a character study first and a zombie movie second, remember? At least that was the consensus last season.

So far, I would say the series has picked right back up were it left off the first season with no discernible difference in quality (although I agree that the zombies have gotten faster). It continues to be excellent and continues to hold the suspense. I am satisfied with how it has turned out so far.

Thank you! I can't stand the blonde haired girl

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Xeno » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Well I think most of the problems with the blonde are a direct result of Dale interfering with her life. [spoiler]Her sister gets bit and she has to kill her. Then she decides to stay at the CDC when it blows, but leaves to save Dale because he won't allow her to do it by herself because of some misplaced father figure feeling he has.[/spoiler] And now Dale has the camp take guns away from everyone who isn't trained with them, and I'm sure he feels like he is punishing her, and she has every right to feel the way she does. Most of my dislike falls on Dale since he's been so overbearing when he clearly has no clue what he's doing.
Xeno

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Xeno (post: 1513442) wrote:Well I think most of the problems with the blonde are a direct result of Dale interfering with her life. [spoiler]Her sister gets bit and she has to kill her. Then she decides to stay at the CDC when it blows, but leaves to save Dale because he won't allow her to do it by herself because of some misplaced father figure feeling he has.[/spoiler] And now Dale has the camp take guns away from everyone who isn't trained with them, and I'm sure he feels like he is punishing her, and she has every right to feel the way she does. Most of my dislike falls on Dale since he's been so overbearing when he clearly has no clue what he's doing.

I think the issues with Dale are perfect example of what many would do in that same situation. They are part of a group that became close after the world went to crap. Dale being the oldest he looks at Christene ( i think that's her name) as a daughter. Its all part of the great character drama.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Roy Mustang

Postby Popyman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:30 pm

I uh...sort of forgot I made this topic. XD I have to say, after tonight's episode, I am very bored with everything. It feels like we're stuck in filler stuff, with nothing really happening anymore except "LETS LOOK FOR THE GIRL GUYZ", a few interesting plot points forming, and then other ones that were predictable (Lori--enough said). I hope things pick up next week because I don't want to sit through another episode like that. :/ Good news is it should be, Merl was shown in the preview! :D

@Roy: You like the American Horror Story...? I watch it, but I think it's completely ridiculous--just violent and weird for the sake of being edgy and pushing that mature rating as far as they can.
Popyman

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:38 pm

I am still really enjoying the show, it's getting receptive admit tingly but I do enjoy it. Sometimes it's good to slow down and take time fleshing out characters. That's where most modern horror fails and this show works it takes a person who should be unlikible (darrel)and makes you care.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Popyman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Yeah, I agree, I just wish the main plot was going somewhere. Last season, they were always working towards a goal and making progress while still having plenty of time for character development. The search for the little girl hasn't gone anywhere since it started...

Daryl is amazing. I love how, in the first season, he was always loud and sticking some kind of weapon in someone's face while the others held him back. He did it so often that I imagined him being all bark and no bite, that if the rest of the group wasn't there to stop him he wouldn't be able to carry out the action. XD And that seems to be true, this season has really showed his kinder side.
Popyman

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:19 am

Popyman wrote:@Roy: You like the American Horror Story...? I watch it, but I think it's completely ridiculous--just violent and weird for the sake of being edgy and pushing that mature rating as far as they can.

Yeah, I do. I don't see it anymore weird for the sake of being edgy then Twin Peaks or X-Files was. I see Walking Dead as a violent show, but FX does have some violent shows and I have no problem with them.
Roy Mustang

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:49 am

Popyman (post: 1514108) wrote:Yeah, I agree, I just wish the main plot was going somewhere. Last season, they were always working towards a goal and making progress while still having plenty of time for character development. The search for the little girl hasn't gone anywhere since it started...

Daryl is amazing. I love how, in the first season, he was always loud and sticking some kind of weapon in someone's face while the others held him back. He did it so often that I imagined him being all bark and no bite, that if the rest of the group wasn't there to stop him he wouldn't be able to carry out the action. XD And that seems to be true, this season has really showed his kinder side.

While yes the plot is taking it's time a bit more the issue your having it seems to me is, season one was 6 episodes so the plot moved a lot quicker and season 2 is going to be 13 episodes in a series like this the slow pace is really needed. By the next few episodes there will be deaths and because of the time they put into fleshing out each person they'll mean something. The search is going slow yes but that's more realistic honestly, they have to cover miles upon miles to find her so of course it'll take more than one episode. Also it build the weird love relationship between Daryl and her mom. As I said weird

GrubbTheFragger

Postby ebonyrose » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:36 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1514189) wrote: Also it build the weird love relationship between Daryl and her mom. As I said weird

Aww, that's the drama part that I actually like. ^_^ I much prefer it to the Shane and the blonde girl (I thought her name was Angela? O-o ) pairing.
ebonyrose

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:26 pm

It's either Angela or Andrea, not sure which either way I can't stand her

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:13 pm

It's spelled Andrea, but it sounds like Angela.

Also,

The Walkie Talkie Dead
Roy Mustang

Postby ich1990 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Yep, Daryl is the best character.

"Thank God for rednecks!"
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Popyman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh man, tonight's episode was so great!
Popyman

Next

Return to General Entertainment