Anyone here like Ed Edd n Eddy?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anyone here like Ed Edd n Eddy?

Postby sandalwood » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:23 pm

You can probably see from my avatar that I'm kind of hung up on this show -_-. Can't say why, haha.

Anyway, does anyone here remember Ed Edd n Eddy? A movie actually came out in 2009 and it was pretty good XD.

Thoughts on the show? Did you enjoy it, think it was the worst show ever, never heard of it, want to marry Plank, what?

Personally I love it because of the characters. Danny Antonucci created them from very interesting personal relationships and experiences, and I just like to watch them grow and interact; plus, it seems they all have some sort of redeemable quality (with the exception of Jimmy) which is pretty rare for a character critic like myself.
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby Popyman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 pm

I love Ed Edd n Eddy! It perfectly captures kind of the dark side of childhood while still being funny and entertaining. And the movie was AMAZING. In my opinion it's the best movie based on a cartoon ever created. It perfectly ended the series, addressing every single plot device and ending everything perfectly. I wish every cartoon got such an amazing finale as that.
Popyman

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 am

....I disliked it immensely. I found it to be crass and disgusting. Other shows managed to show the 'dark side of childhood' perfectly well without going to the utter stupidity that this show did.

My brother also didn't care for it that much, but he watched it simply because I would leave the room when it was on.

I liked Plank, though. He reminded me of Log. I'm pretty sure he was a parody of it.
Atria35

Postby Popyman » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:11 am

Boys ARE crass and disgusting as kids in most cases. =P And if they aren't, they're like Double D and pulled into the middle of it anyway.
Popyman

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:47 am

I loved that show when I was a kid. Double D was always my favorite. xD I was a little like him in a way, always pulled into the middle of my friends nonsense. Not that I wasn't a crazy little snot back then either though. I was still more or less 'the good kid' who didn't want to disobey my mom or do something potentially stupid or dangerous.
TopazRaven

Postby Hiryu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:17 am

When I watched it back in the early 2000's it was funny to me as a 12 year old. Sometimes I think back to a few scenes and laugh about how ridiculous some of the scenes were,which I think most of them involved Ed tearing something up bad.
Hiryu

Postby Neane » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Atria35 (post: 1507588) wrote:....I disliked it immensely. I found it to be crass and disgusting. Other shows managed to show the 'dark side of childhood' perfectly well without going to the utter stupidity that this show did.

Please PM me the Complete List of Animated Shows that better portray the Subject that you are talking about. Also, could you please PM the Fan-Fic that is even better than Spirited Away also? Ed, Edd n Eddy was one of the most popular cartoons on Cartoon Network and the creator was influenced by his childhood growing up. Plus it was a Surrealistic Coming of Age commentary that explored everything about Adolescence and yet at the same time it was Hilarious and Children and Adults could both laugh when they watched it. The characters were well written and the show had originality there was always a person that we could identify with. And the End Movie was as Popyman puts it: "AMAZING". I believe that it was the best show to ever be shown on Cartoon Network.
Neane

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm

I used to be a fan, then a realized it just wasn't for me. The humor worked well when I was young and having a guy eat a matress was funny, but at 23 I think it is stupid and just really not for me.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm with Grubb
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Esoteric » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:35 pm

I liked it for Double-D. Some of his straight-man dialogue was inspired. Rolf and Plank were funny too. Sure it was ridiculous and I can see why some people would just find it stupid, but if you were in the right mood to enjoy it, it was fun.
Esoteric

Postby raider~joseph » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 pm

I loved and grew up on this show.I related to the no one liking you thing a lot.I was an outcast.I didn't realize how much it was awesome until I saw the episode where Ed thinks he is as monster.I have quoted "WE MUST APPEASE IT WITH A SACRIFICE!" before I admit.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby sandalwood » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 am

Nadia (post: 1507683) wrote:Oh, man, I haven't watched this show in years! I don't even see it on TV anymore (on the rare occasion when I check to see if there's anything interesting on]Gundam SEED.[/i] After that, I kept thinking about how it was, basically, Edd in a Gundam. :D

I never took it seriously, seeing as how it was just one of those cartoons meant only to entertain with silliness, like some of those other 90s cartoons I'm suddenly recalling.

Sandalwood, thanks for prompting a little nostalgia!

:thumb: You're welcom-o!

Yeah I started watching Gundam because I found out about the voice being the same XD. He sounds really different as Athrun, though, of course...

That's also the reason I started watching Ranma 1/2 - because he also voices Maomolin (but sounds pretty similar). Funny how things happen.

My favorite thing about the show will always be the characters, and of course the slapstick. :D
:pikka: My DeviantART :pikka:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(╯°__°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - Mark 11: 15-17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"]~Life doesn't have to be perfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]believe[/color] in God.
~It doesn't have to be imperfect for us to [color="YellowGreen"]need[/color] Him.[/SIZE][/font]
sandalwood

Postby Sheenar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 am

Buttered toast.

Haha, I loved this show. Haven't seen it in a good while, though.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

I loved that how. I can still laugh like Ed.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to General Entertainment