[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Real Steel movie with Hugh Jackman - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Real Steel movie with Hugh Jackman

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Real Steel movie with Hugh Jackman

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 am

Just saw the trailer for Real steel, the new robot movie with Hugh Jackman. Looks awesome! This is definitely one I want to rent on DVD when it arrives there.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am

Definitely going to see this when it comes out. Gotta show support for giant robots (even though the ones in this movie aren't so giant).
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:21 pm

The first time I saw a trailer for this, I thought it was going to do an intercut title between shots of robots fighting:

ROCK 'EM

SOCK 'EM

ROBOTS

And actually, had that been the case I would have been more likely to see it in theaters. This movie looks like it would have been a decently creative take on the boardgame, unlike Battleship.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm not sure how one can make the material work as a compelling film, but if it can then it might be a relatively unique movie.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Looks fun, that's about it. I'll check it out
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1505611) wrote:ROCK 'EM

SOCK 'EM

ROBOTS

My first thought too.
This could be a good movie, I'll have to wait and see.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm

I've heard it's actually more about the father reuniting with his son than it is about robots.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:19 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1505672) wrote:I've heard it's actually more about the father reuniting with his son than it is about robots.

But you gotta have robots for the dudes to actually care for the movie, right?

I just saw the trailer for it... it just looks "meh" to me, but I'm sure my sister would see it just because of Hugh Jackman :p

Fathers reuniting with sons does sound like a good message tho
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Edward » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1505611) wrote:The first time I saw a trailer for this, I thought it was going to do an intercut title between shots of robots fighting:

ROCK 'EM

SOCK 'EM

ROBOTS

And actually, had that been the case I would have been more likely to see it in theaters. This movie looks like it would have been a decently creative take on the boardgame, unlike Battleship.

I thought the same thing! I would totally see a Rock 'em sock 'em robots movie. But this one actually looks kind of stupid. I'd rather just watch old episodes of Robot Wars or something.

edit: Okay, now that I've seen the official trailer, I think I'd actually like to see this movie. Though I think I'll rent it. I don't know if I'd want to pay ten bucks to see it in the theatre.
Edward

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:35 pm

The film is based on the 1956 short story "Steel" by Richard Matheson, though Levy placed the film in U.S. state fairs and other "old-fashioned" Americana settings.

This is not the first time that the short story has been made via movie or tv. The Twilight Zone ep called Steel" that was on the short story as well. The short story was published in the May 1956 edition of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 am

I saw this yesterday and it was actually a pretty good movie. Yes, it's about boxing robots, but it's more about the father and son. Honestly, it's not unlike the first Rocky film. Also the robot effects are convincing and the acting is good-- the young actor really surprised me.

I also really liked that quite a lot of the film took place in more rural settings-- the juxtaposition of futuristic fighting robots with big fields and trees and two-lane highways was pretty nice, I thought. It felt like a more realistic near-future, rather than the super-shiny future that we usually get. When you get to the big arenas in the big cities, things get a lot shinier, but I'm glad the whole film wasn't that way.

I also enjoyed the reference to Japanese video games. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mkalv » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:57 pm

I just saw the film today. I thought that it was very well done. The effects, the acting, and the mecha boxing. It was done very professionally. I reccomend it.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Honestly, I'm surprised by how many people are saying this is a good movie. I didn't think it would be. I'll check it out when it hits some place affordable (movie tickets are upwards of $20 here in Japan, what with the exchange rate and all :().
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Return to General Entertainment