[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Fall Shows - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Fall Shows

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Fall Shows

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm

So most of the fall TV shows are going to be starting up this week or some time throughout the coming month. Are there any shows, new or old, you lovely guys and girls are looking forward to?

As for me, I shall be a return watcher of:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CSI: Maimi
CSI: New York
NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service
NCIS: Los Angeles
Bones
Blue Bloods
Hawaii Five-0
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
Rules of Engagement
The Amazing Race
American Idol
Mike & Molly

As for new shows this fall I think I'll be giving New Girl, Two Broke Girls, Terra Nova, Grimm, Hart of Dixie and How To Be A Gentleman a shot. I might also see what Two and A Half Men is like this year. I lost interest in the show awhile ago, but I'm kind of interested about how bizarre it's going to be with Ashton Kutcher in the cast now. Meanwhile some of you are probably shaking your heads with disapproval now at some of my entertainment choices. I don't really blame you.
TopazRaven

Postby Okami » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 pm

It's difficult to keep up with shows while at school (I currently have the DVR at home set to record Thundercats and Durarara!! so I can watch them when I'm home for holiday breaks) but I'm hoping to catch Big Bang Theory when I can...probably through recorded episodes at my best friend's house or something (also on holiday breaks). XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:15 pm

More than I realistically have time for, I'm sure.

Boardwalk Empire
Parks and Recreations
Community
The Office
How I Met Your Mother
Breaking Bad
Terra Nova (Dinosaurs!)
Chuck
The Walking Dead
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Once Upon A Time (I'm giving the pilot a shot)

All fit between school, novel writing, and one other large scale project. This assumes that no other shows come up on my radar as a result.

Oh, I'd also like to catch up on Luther and Modern Family if I can.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 pm

I have a question for you, how are Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad? I've seen previews latley and have been wondering if they are any good. I'm pretty sure both shows already have episodes out, right?
TopazRaven

Postby Furen » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Psych
MLP: FIM
HIMYM
BBT
2 1/2 Men

that's about it for me, nothing too much, as I'll be behind on everything already
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:11 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1505519) wrote:I have a question for you, how are Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad? I've seen previews latley and have been wondering if they are any good. I'm pretty sure both shows already have episodes out, right?

Before I give my opinion, I need to make something very, very clear for everyone on this site:

If these shows were movies, they would be rated R for basically everything that causes things to go up a rating. Hard R, if you will. This includes, but may not be limited to: sex, drug use, alcohol use, extreme harsh language, nudity. (Breaking Bad is a bit lighter, as it has no nudity. That I recall. Boardwalk Empire is also much more explicit in general.)

That said, I think they are two of the best shows on TV. They cover heavy subject matter, but the characterizations are second to none, and the ensuing drama is possibly the best there is. Just know that Boardwalk Empire can be a bit of a slow boil, and that Breaking Bad can be quite depressing.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Terra Nova
Person of Interest
Alcatraz
Fringe
Once Upon a Time
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Terra nova
Once upon a time
Walking dead
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 am

Person of Interest for me as well. In fact, I'm thinking we should start a thread for it, just like we did with the last JJ Abrahms-penned phenomenon, Lost.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1505530) wrote:Before I give my opinion, I need to make something very, very clear for everyone on this site:

If these shows were movies, they would be rated R for basically everything that causes things to go up a rating. Hard R, if you will. This includes, but may not be limited to: sex, drug use, alcohol use, extreme harsh language, nudity. (Breaking Bad is a bit lighter, as it has no nudity. That I recall. Boardwalk Empire is also much more explicit in general.)

That said, I think they are two of the best shows on TV. They cover heavy subject matter, but the characterizations are second to none, and the ensuing drama is possibly the best there is. Just know that Boardwalk Empire can be a bit of a slow boil, and that Breaking Bad can be quite depressing.

Ah, alright, thank you kindly for the descriptions. I wasn't to sure on Breaking Bad when I saw the commercials. The plot expressed in the commercial kind of tugged at my concious so I'm probably going to skip that one. However, I think I just might look into Boardwalk Empire, I find America's Prohibition period highly interesting. :lol:
TopazRaven

Return to General Entertainment