Survivor

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Survivor

Postby TheMewster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 pm

This thread is for talking about the newer series, like the current one and those series with the game mechanic of Redemption Island, not older ones. Otherwise I'll have no clue what you're talking about, as I'm a new fan.

I actually watched survivor tonight (most of it) and it wad pretty cool! Some parts even stuck out to me as a Christian, like:
1. When Edna went back and helped Coach, even though he lost. That was so Christ-like of her, and began rooting for her at that time.
2. Can't remember his name, but we have a Christian character this time. Russell's nephew, I think. Anyway, I really like how he was being careful and not wanting to put himself into any bad situations that would cause him to sin. I don't think he will turn out as good as Matt but then again it's the first episode I've watched so I'm not one to judge.

One last thing:What do you think of the tikis/immunity idols on survivor? :?: I normally am offended by such but I was so focused on the Christian values displayed that I barely felt any conviction. Should I keep watching? Thanks and God bless. 0:)
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 pm

I really wanted to comment on this after the last couple episodes, I really don't like Brandon the Christian kid. He is totally unfit for this competition. He is so easily convicted that he comes across a crazy. I can respect his thinking about being careful around the girls. The best Christians in survivor are the ones who don't constantly talk about it, as backwards as this seems. As far as the tikis and idols go, if you are bothered by them you might as well shut off the tv now there are WAY worse things on tv, and on survivor
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Popyman » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:03 pm

I can't believe this show is still on...The season with Rubert and Boston Rob was the best, after that I stopped caring.

And there's nothing satanic about the idols...
Popyman

Return to General Entertainment