Supernatural TV series

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Supernatural TV series

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 am

Does anyone watch this and what do you think?

My wife and I have been watching and we enjoy it.

I like how the angels are portrayed as powerful beings.
Sammy Boy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 am

I like it alot even though it is very episodic and many people have issues with the way angels are portrayed as evil and God has gone missing, but hey its fiction.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:28 am

I watched I think the first three seasons of it before I lost track. I was also starting to become rather uncomfortable with how God and the angels were portrayed and that was before I even became a professing Christian. I was thinking about giving it another shot evenutally, but I'm still not sure.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:03 pm

I watch it. I have to balance with this show, because its perspective on God is really hard for me to deal with sometimes, but at the same time I also enjoy it immensely when it's not doing that.

I was actually watching the Twilight spoof episode when the Great East Japan Earthquake happened. It took me a couple of months to get around to finishing the episode.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby airichan623 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am

My friend made me watch a ton of episodes from season 1 with her. (She showed me The Bloody Mary episode as revenge for making her read the first volume of Fruits Basket) :P One thing I liked was that in one of the first episodes with demons, it mentioned that one of the ways to find a demon is that they panic at the name of God. This I approved of. Granted I haven't seen any episodes from other seasons, but I didn't have many issues with it. (though it was scary)

....and I called dibs on Sam as my man. :D My friend has Dean/Jensen Ackles. (She loooooves him)

Though did anybody watch the anime adaption? My friend (who doesnt even like anime much at all) was sad because "Sam and Dean weren't as hot as I wanted them to be. Either that or I wanted chibis!" lol

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Popyman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:05 pm

I LOVE Supernatural. It's probably the best example of episodic format done well. Can't wait for the new season on Friday!
Popyman

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 am

I like the series, but it should have ended at season five.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:16 am

Yeah, season five was a really great place to stop.

That's the problem with a lot of these shows; they think they're going to get cancelled so they pop out the most amazing finale, and then they get renewed and it's like... okay, now what?

Worst culprit: Babylon 5. Hands down.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Popyman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:03 pm

When there are still gems like that Twilight trashing episode I say let it continue! If it ever gets to the point where it's stupid, I just won't watch it anymore and choose where I consider the series to have ended at. Right now though, it is still awesome, just slightly different.

One more hour until the series premiere!! :D
Popyman

Return to General Entertainment