[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
First Image of Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman / Selina Kyle - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

First Image of Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman / Selina Kyle

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

First Image of Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman / Selina Kyle

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:12 am

The first official image of Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises is here. (Click for giant)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:23 am

I'm not sure how I feel about this design yet. XD It's entirely un-Catwoman-like, and even though I realize her image may have been ruined by Halle Berry's portrayal, I still think she needs ears. XD Batman gets ears. XD

Unless this isn't her in full costume. Then I guess I'll just have to wait and see. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:02 am

Doesn't really look much like Catwoman to me, but the motorcycle is cool :/.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:01 am

I think she's sitting on the Bat-pod there so maybe that's not the full costume. I agree though... she needs the whip and ears.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1495412) wrote:The first official image of Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises is here. (Click for giant)

This better as heck not be her entire costume.

She needs the mask. The goggles are okay, but they're nothing special by themselves.

The biggest problem is, as other people have mentioned you would never think this was Catwoman. If you didn't know the context of the pic and its origin, you would probably think, "Why is Anne Hathaway wearing leather and some weird goggles during the day?"
Yamamaya

Postby Nate » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

Because when I look at that picture, I think "Clearly, this is Catwoman" and not "Hey it's some random chick in a bodysuit on a motorcycle."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:49 am

I don't know if they plan on using "Catwoman" or not. As far as I have seen, WB themselves hasn't said that Anne Hathaway is "Catwoman", but rather that she is Selina Kyle. Given how Nolan seems to shy away from anything that is directly silly, so I don't expect to see her running around in cat ears and saying "meow" and various cat puns.

I'd make a guess that the goggles are designed in such a way that when she lifts them onto her head, they are sort of reminiscent of cat ears. The only way I could see a traditional costume making it in is if he has time to psychoanalyze Selina Kyle, which I don't know if he will. I'd actually prefer that he didn't, since in general Nolan is terrible at dealing with women.

EDIT: I'm not saying that she won't be a theif/be in character as Catwoman, but I just don't think that the universe Nolan established has room for the typical Catwoman, in the same way it didn't have room for the typical Joker, Scarecrow, Ras, Two-face, and even Batman himself.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1495488) wrote:EDIT: I'm not saying that she won't be a theif/be in character as Catwoman, but I just don't think that the universe Nolan established has room for the typical Catwoman, in the same way it didn't have room for the typical Joker, Scarecrow, Ras, Two-face, and even Batman himself.

At least with all of those guys though, you could tell who they were supposed to be when they were in full costume/makeup... Maybe not Ras but Ras never had much of a costume and just looked a pretty straight forward dude with some gray in his hair...

Anyway, I don't think they showed two-face before the actual movie came out. People were asking on message boards if Two-Face was actually in it or if it was just Harvey Dent as they never officially said Two-Face was in it and there was like one leaked photo people didn't know if it was real or not. So hopefully they're just keeping Catwoman's full look under wraps. They said that she was probably gonna look like the Darwyn Cooke's version of the character and that version had ears so I'm hoping...

Edit... more pics

"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Cognitive Gear

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:34 pm

I don't really mind it too much because it's Anne Hathaway. <3
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Psycho Molos » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:12 pm

yea Anne = hawt
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby bakura91 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 am

Can't Wait!!!! Batman!!!! Recently re-watched Batman Begins and Dark Knight so I'm Ready! I'm a really big Comic book reader and the first Comics that got me into comic books are the Batman ones.
Now everyone wait till it comes to Theaters before making any judgments remember when people did'nt think Heath Ledger could play the Joker? Also in the 80s there were petitions made when people found out Michael Keaton was gonna be Batman.
bakura91

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:47 pm

So about that costume....
Anne Hathaway wrote:It’]even the picture that he released of me, that’s not everything. That’s like a tenth of what the catsuit is.[/B] And I’ve got to say, I find it frustrating and I know he finds it frustrating, but I also think that he’s having fun with it, kind of like spooning out secrets. He has a lot more control than you think.

From here.

Cognitive Gear

Postby Stephen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Hopefully. It does seem kinda blah. Very similar to what Scarlet Johanason wore in Ironman 2 no?
Stephen

Postby Maledicte » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Hathaway never struck me as the Selina Kyle/Catwoman type, but we'll see. And not impressed with the costume so far, if it really is only 1/10 of the actual costume the finished product should hopefully look spectacular.
Maledicte

Postby bakura91 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't really think its that big a deal what type of mask she wears I just hope she plays the character right. I think Nolan really knows how to make a good Batman film and properly use the Characters so I'm excited.
bakura91

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm quite fond of the stitched-together look that Catwoman's costume had in Batman Returns. It went well with her mentally-unstable, abused character. I'm hoping Nolan brings something psychologically interesting to her character but he's good with that sort of thing.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:11 am

It appears Nolan is still going with the one female main character per movie.
Yamamaya

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:55 am

She's going to have a tough act to follow. Michelle Pfieffer was purr-fect.
:sweat: Sorry, couldn't resist.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Stephen (post: 1496821) wrote:Hopefully. It does seem kinda blah. Very similar to what Scarlet Johanason wore in Ironman 2 no?

*rubs eyes*

Did you really just post?

Anyway, this probably isn't the final look, so...no big deal.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Been trying to get in touch with you Nette. Your PM thing is full, and you're never on skype. Stop that. ;)
Stephen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome back, Shatterheart! Good to see you around.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Narnian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I'm not seeing her as Catwoman. It doesn't fit. That and the new design isn't very catish or catwoman like.
[align=center]Christ follower, cosplayer, and anime fan. Jesus is the best!

2 Corinthians 2:14-15
14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. 15 For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

MAL
Blog
DA
Christian cosplayers unite!
DA
Narnian

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Cognitive Gear

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:56 pm

At least it has the ears!
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to General Entertainment