New Thundercats show airs this Friday!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

New Thundercats show airs this Friday!

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am

In case you haven't heard, there's a new version of Thundercats airing this Friday on Cartoon Network! Here's the trailer:
Click here!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Lilac#18 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:45 pm

[color="Plum"]I've heard of this news and saw a short preview, but I've never seen this trailer. It look pretty good.:thumb:[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Wow. Very Lord of the Rings! (in a good way).

I was not aware of this, but that's okay.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Kitsune » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Ooh I'm so excited for this! Having watched the original Thundercats when I was a kid and seeing the trailers for the remake I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my old favorite characters again :D Here's hoping it's as cool as it looks
[color="Red"]Jim Butcher has forever corrupted my mind! ...and I have absolutely no problem with that 8D[/color]
Kitsune

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Wow, didn't know about this but this actually looks pretty awesome!! I thought the He-man remake was pretty decent but this looks soo much better. Hopefully, if it's good, it lasts longer than He-man...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm not going to bother.

If it's on Cartoon Network and it's pretty good, then it'll be canceled before the series can reach a satisfying conclusion. Just like Samurai Jack, Symbionic Titan, He-Man, Megas XLR, Teen Titans...

I mean okay, yes, every once in a while a good show on CN will reach a satisfying conclusion. Transformers Animated did. But I'm not going to chance it. It's not worth it to be frustrated by another show getting canceled before it gets a decent ending.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Teen Titans had a horrible ending. They brought back an awesome character, Terra, from the dead; made her forget her love interest, Beast Boy and never even bothered to explain why.
Yamamaya

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Looks like Thundercats fighting at Helms Deep.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:23 am

Nate, that's the wrong attitude to have. With Stuart Snyder gone, CN has a chance to bounce back. We should support them as much as possible when they get it right. The show will only last if we support it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 am

I can't wait for this show. I am so excited to see the Thundercats updated. I hope it is good.
Wolf-man

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 pm

I wonder how they're gonna do the backstory if they have always been on Third Earth instead of Thundera? I mean that was the reason behind their name, maybe they would be like "Long ago they left because their planet exploded and now they have the empire on Third Earth"?
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Because it's probably a continuation of the previous show. In the previous show, the Thundercats pretty much turned Third Earth into New Thundera. They even called it that by the final season.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:45 pm

hmm...
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby battletech » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Thunder Thunder Thundercats Hoooooooooooo !!!!!!!
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Sheol777 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:26 am

Thundercats "Viewing Party Pack"

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/thundercats/tools/downloads/ThunderCats_PartyPack.pdf

...my favorite is the "Sword of Corn Dogs"
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 am

I like the cut-out sword of omens. Why LJN never made an actual kid-sized sword for you, I'll never figure out. I mean, come on, Ghostbusters toys actually had proton packs for you to play with! (granted, they didn't really bust ghosts, but in your imagination they did!)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sammy Boy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 am

Looks really good! :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Okami » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

I'd say that was a pretty cool beginning. :) I'll definitely be tuning in next week~

Gotta say, it's just nice to have a series to watch again for the time being up until school begins again! XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:08 pm

I liked it! Really love the animation style to. I don't remember much about the original Thundercats sadly, even though I used to watch it like crazy as a kid.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:42 am

Just saw it! My thoughts:
Pros:
Lion-o's dad? That's the dude who originally played Lion-o in the 80's version!
Cheetarah is even sexier! Mrow! (hey, I'm a guy)
Mumm-rah was great
The animation was excellent.
Lion-o doesn't go through the whole "adult kid" ordeal...yet.
Cons:
[spoiler]Why is Panthro dead? (note: if it's revealed that he's actually alive later, I'll forgive them.[/spoiler]
I don't like the idea of the Thundercats enslaving the lizards. Originally, Thundera was supposed to be a utopia.
Snarf can't talk. I think this was punishment for being so annoying. I personally don't think he was annoying in the original. Lion-o needed a voice of reason since he was a kid trapped in an adult's body. Now, Snarfer, Snarf's nephew--he was annoying.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:28 pm

I saw 99% of the pilot, wasn't impressed for various reasons, but I'll keep watching for at least a few episodes to see if it gets any better. I hope it does, since Young Justice and Generator Rex air dates are nutty (more like nonexistent), leaving me with no action cartoons to watch.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

I caught a bit of it when I went back to my hotel room during the con, and my other roommates were there watching it.

It seemed sort of okay? I dunno. I was never super into the old cartoon.

I'm more curious if Cheetarah's outfit is standard for clerics. Because that'd be kind of weird.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Nate (post: 1494244) wrote:I'm more curious if Cheetarah's outfit is standard for clerics. Because that'd be kind of weird.

I think clerics usually wear these cloak-things that were shown in one scene. She probably only wears that whatsit when she's not on official duty.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby battletech » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:09 pm

I think the story was well written. The animation was fare. The wardrobe was a lot better then the old one. In the old one every one wore outfits that looked like spandex.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:38 am

I liked the premiere, there were a few complaints but on the whole it was a good beginning.

Most of my complaints are actually due to it being the beginning. I've just seen the whole glorious city/betrayal/hero escapes plot to many times I guess; and it just felt too busy, too much going on at once; too many relationships being explained, some of them just to be thrown out 10 minutes later....
Now that we're done with that though, we'll see how well the show does on the road.
Well, after we pick up the kids at least; I predict the next episode will be that with ether a "Hey! give that back!" or a "We have to rescue them" plot, possibly both.

I wonder what the opining will be for the rest of the episodes, are we going to have an Avatar-like recap/monolog? or another collection of action clips we can check off as the season progresses?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby rocklobster » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:14 pm

I love the Thunder-kittens, Wilykit and Wilycat's character designs this time around. They are so cute! I want to take them home with me!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Okami » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 pm

I feel the same, Rock. Kit and Kat sort of make the show for me right now. :) They're kitten-like and child-like, but it's not the typical "Oh, you're a kid, so you're automatically going to grate my nerves and I'm going to want less screentime with you." but instead I enjoy their presence, they make me laugh and they remind me more of real children than most shows tend to do.

The end of last night's episode had me sitting here thinking, "What is this, I don't even--" though :lol: But I did enjoy Lion-O's commitment to the crew, and the loyalty that was shown prior to that!
Okami

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:08 pm

I agree. They seem to know that they're cute too.

Good episode. I was skeptical of the whole 'sand sea' concept when they mentioned it, but it was neat the way they executed it.

Tigris (sp?) sure got good with that gun quick didn't he? Lion-o at least probably had some prior sword training. It's also amusing that the only character who had a previous interest in tech now uses a sword, while his brother has a blaster.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Was the first two episodes aired as an hour long special or something? I think I watched a two parter...

But this show looks really cool! Very epic-looking and I really like the characters and the story so far. I'm very behind on it though...because I don't have cable. ^^;

Kit and Kat are SO Cute and what is that furry cat called? HE'S ADORABLE. I understand that they nuked his speaking roles from the first series. Which is probably good. :P
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Okami » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:43 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1495827) wrote:Was the first two episodes aired as an hour long special or something? I think I watched a two parter...

First episode was an hour long premiere last week and this week's episode was only a half hour.

Kit and Kat are SO Cute and what is that furry cat called? HE'S ADORABLE. I understand that they nuked his speaking roles from the first series. Which is probably good. :P

Snarf. :grin: And yeah, from my understanding they did nuke his speaking role, which I've primarily heard good things about, considering I didn't watch much of the original. :lol:
Okami

Next

Return to General Entertainment