Watership Down the TV series?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Watership Down the TV series?

Postby Winry » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

So, I have just discovered that there is an animated TV series of Watership Down. This happens to be my favorite book of all time, and I saw the movie made in the 70s years ago but had no idea there was a TV series. Apparently, it was made in the UK a little over ten years ago and ran for three seasons, and I'm pretty surprised I haven't happened upon it until now.

IMDB

Just curious. Has anyone seen it? I'm sort of doubtful it would live at all up to the book, but now I'm curiuos =D
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Rewin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 pm

I guess the lack of a response is a "no". I would be interested in seeing this, have you found anywhere you can buy it?
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Winry » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:13 am

Yeah I kind of got that, too. Can get it on either Amazon or Ebay. I may have to do so just to see for myself =)
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Maokun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 am

WD is also one of my favorite books! Let me know if the series is any good :)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 am

I have yet to read the book, but I checked the movie out from the library. I have to watch it, though.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:58 am

If you ever watch that movie, or read the book, Atria, be prepared. The cute bunnies on the cover are a lie. It's not as blissful a story as the picture suggests...AT ALL!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 am

^ Oh, trust me. I'm WELL aware of the type of story it is. Which is the only reason I'm watching it.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:31 am

I remember my uncle bought me the Watership Down movie for me when I was a child because of the cute bunnies on the front of the video case. I don't remember how old I was, but fairly young. Needless to say I quite literally had nightmares for weeks. :lol: I gave the movie away after that. I watched it again a few years ago, rental, and was able to fully appreciate it then.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:14 am

Okay, now I have to ask- did your uncle ever get clued in to what the movie was really about?! And aw! That had to be scarring on some level! xD (though it's still hilarious)
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:16 am

The book is quite good though and very very likely superior than the movie in every possible way. Give it a read if you can. :)

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:18 am

No, I don't think I ever told my uncle the movie scared me because I didn't want to hurt his feels since he bought it for me. :lol: I watched it by myself in my room (I still watched the whole thing somehow) and then I think I cried to my mom about killer rabbits when it was done. xD I've actually been meaning to give the book a try to, but haven't seen it around. I'll have to buy it online I suppose? I was also interested in reading The Plague Dogs and Shardik which are by the same author I believe. Then Tailchaser's Song, which is about cats, not the same author though. :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Sheenar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 am

I've read Watership Down. It's one of my favorite books. Tailchaser's Song is okay, but not quite the same impact as Watership.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:50 am

I think one of the reasons I want to read Tailchaser's songs is I just enjoy books about cats. I even read the Warrios series by Erin Hunter even though they're supposed to be for kids. xD I'd really love to get my hands on Varjak Paw and Felidae as well.

TopazRaven

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 am

I've read the book. I've seen the movie. I've seen the series. Not in that order.

The first season or so roughly follows the book but after a while it goes in its own direction. It ads and expands many parts of the book, re-imagine some parts and add many characters of its own. As expected for a series aimed at children it is somewhat less violent with more cuteness but surprisingly still pretty dark and bleak with a rather unsettling apocalyptic ending that would give many small children nightmares.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:05 pm

I saw the series when I was about seven. I want to say they played it on YTV or Teletoon or something.

I remember it very clearly, actually. And it was great. I've never read the book though.

I can see how it could scar some children though. I guess I was a weird child.
A_Yellow_Dress

Return to General Entertainment