best cartoon adaptation of Batman

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

best cartoon adaptation of Batman

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Batman's been turned into cartoons quite often and each one has done a different take on the Dark Knight. Which one is the best? Your choices are:
Bruce Timm version: Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, numerous direct to video movies
Brave and the Bold: Most recent. This one seems to be more geared toward the "Silver Age" Batman, with Adam West-style heroics.
The Batman: Jeff Matsuda's late 90's version, with his signature art style that he used in his Jackie Chan series.

For me, it's the Bruce Timm version. It's the most accurate and captures both the silliness of the Silver Age and the grit of the more modern version. Plus Kevin Conroy was just excellent as Batman/Bruce Wayne. It's just too bad they don't use him all the time in their direct-to-video cartoons.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm probably not too terribly qualified to answer here, as I've seen hardly any of Brave & the Bold or The Batman, but I can say that Batman: TAS and Batman Beyond were some of my favorite animated shows growing up, and I still think they're awesome today. XD

Also, several of the Gotham Knight short animated films were pretty awesome, too. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Batman Beyond rocked my world.

I really wish you had ALL adaptations here, because then I would vote the 60's live-action version for aaaalll it's cheezy goodness.
Atria35

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Atria35 (post: 1488742) wrote:Batman Beyond rocked my world.

I really wish you had ALL adaptations here, because then I would vote the 60's live-action version for aaaalll it's cheezy goodness.

I'm assuming Rock want to discuss Bruce as Batman.

My Favorite is Brave & The Bold because it goes back to my first encounter with Batman (Adam West). But in terms of just how the character is as we know him today, I'd say the earlier season of TAS before Bruce became unlikeable and the show unwatchable.
Solid Ronin

Postby battletech » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 pm

;)Was this a trick question? Bruce Timm Batman all the way. The show to me defines Batman. Mark Hamill best Joker ever.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Kitsune » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I definatly have to give my vote to Bruce Timm's Batman (what can I say it was part of my childhood X3 ). Like mentioned his Batman is dark but not overly so (and yes Mark Hamil as the Joker was awesome), Bruce Timm's universe also gets bonus points from me because I loved Batman Beyond when it first aired and after rewatching the majority of the series I still really enjoy it :)
[color="Red"]Jim Butcher has forever corrupted my mind! ...and I have absolutely no problem with that 8D[/color]
Kitsune

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 pm

I really love Brave and the bold but i gotta go with the grim masterpiece that is TAS
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to General Entertainment