[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5092: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5092: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5094: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5097: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5097: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Favorite villains of all time - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Favorite villains of all time

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite villains of all time

Postby samurai10 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 am

If somebody already made a thread about this, shoot me. >_>

But anyway, who are your favorite villains? Doesn't matter where, movies, anime, books, anything.

My favorite villains are Johann from Monster and the Joker from The Dark Knight hands down. They are awesome. All other villains should bow down before their awesomeness. *nods*
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

The Real World from any of Asano Inio's works.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Seconding the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Also, Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender. She's seriously the first one that popped into my mind. XD

To varying degrees, I also like the demons in the John Wayne Cleaver book trilogy.

And I love Doofenshmirtz for the lulz.

I'm sure there are more that later I'll kick myself for forgetting.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Johan, Joker, Azula... is there anyone else?!

Oh, yeah. Friend from 20th Century Boys. He's as bad as them in his own way. Controling the world....
Atria35

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Roy Batty from Blade Runner, though he's not strictly a villain, more of an antagonist.
Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2. Scratch that, any villain Gary Oldman has ever played ever (with the exception of Ruber in Quest for Camelot.)
Any villain Michael Wincott has ever played, biggest standout in my mind is Top Dollar from The Crow.
The Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.
And yes, Johan from Monster, and I haven't even seen the whole thing.
Maledicte

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:24 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1488135) wrote:Seconding the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Also, Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender. She's seriously the first one that popped into my mind. XD

To varying degrees, I also like the demons in the John Wayne Cleaver book trilogy.

I'm sure there are more that later I'll kick myself for forgetting.

Plus Darth Vader.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Maledicte (post: 1488144) wrote:The Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

*facepalm* How could I forget them?!

And while I'm thinking of Doctor Who, the Silence as well.
MomentOfInertia (post: 1488145) wrote:Plus Darth Vader.

Eh, I don't like him that much... >_>;

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Albert Wesker from the Resident Evil series.

Everyone else has already mentioned my other favorites.
Yamamaya

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Originally posted by Maledicte (post: 1488144) wrote: The Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

Of course! *facepalm*
And while I'm thinking of Doctor Who, the Silence as well.

I thought it was spelled "Silents".
MomentOfInertia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1488151) wrote:I thought it was spelled "Silents".

I looked it up on Wikipedia and they spelled it with a 'c'. *shrug*

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Kefka, from Final Fantasy 6. At first, he's the comic relief villain, a silly sideshow to the real bad guy, but as the game goes on, the things he does become more and more evil, just as he becomes more powerful. Finally, he deposes the old villain to reveal himself as an even bigger threat than the first ever was. He doesn't have a motivation, he just destroys things because it's fun. It makes him that much more disturbing.

[SPOILER]The Anti-Spirals[/SPOILER] from Gurren Lagann are pretty cool, too. These ones show up midway through the show, when it seems the plot has been resolved. They change this. Everything about them is different from the previous villains in the show, from their abstract, alien appearance, to their goals, to how they're designed to defeat the tactics the good guys used to beat the old villains. They are designed to inflict ultimate despair on their opponents, and they almost succeed.

Pushing through all this, however, brings Simon and the others to face their leader, who is just as great as the forces he leads. It's awesomely satisfying to watch them push their king to the breaking point, pushing him to break all the rules he had made for himself and setting the stage for an incredible finale.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Agreeing on Johann, Friend, and the Weeping Angels. XD Also, Benjamin Linus from Lost is probably one of the most complex villains I've ever seen. I love him just by appreciating how ridiculously well-written his character is. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby bakura91 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:08 pm

My favorite villains are, The Joker (Because hes a lunatic who Is funny but at the same time wields so much power in Gotham) Magneto(because hes one of those villains you can almost sympathize with, You can actually see his point of view) and Jagi from Fist of the Northstar (because Hes such a ruthless villain but at the same time is cool because he has a spikey face mask that keeps his head from blowing up, and rides a motorcyle. In the fight between him and the main character Kenshiro its satisfying because he totally gets whats coming to him)
bakura91

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:27 am

The Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow (he's awesome. He's such a striking figure. Been infatuated with The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the Headless Horseman since I was pretty little. First introduced to it from that Disney cartoon).
Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula. (It's Dracula)
Sauron from the LOTR trilogy (sure you never really see him but that was part of what makes him so awesome)
Merteuil and Valmont from Dangerous Liasons/Cruel Intentions (prefer the version in Cruel Intentions but yeah, I love villains like this. So nasty, seductive, and manipulative, playing games of conquest against each other at the expense of others and totally cold about it).

And LOL... I had to remember that Johann was actually a villain. It's been ages since I've seen the movie but the only thing I remember when I think back on it really was an ugly woman who you kinda felt sorry for (or I did anyway). I forgot about her being a serial killer :P
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 am

Scarecrow (post: 1488211) wrote:And LOL... I had to remember that Johann was actually a villain. It's been ages since I've seen the movie but the only thing I remember when I think back on it really was an ugly woman who you kinda felt sorry for (or I did anyway). I forgot about her being a serial killer :P

Don't you mean it's been ages since you'd seen the anime? And that you forgot about him being a serial killer?
Atria35

Postby Riggidig » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 am

Arnold in Terminator 1, followed by Robert Patrick in Terminator 2.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Kerusso » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:10 am

Dimentio from Super Paper Mario
Heaven is only Heaven because God is in it.

[color="YellowGreen"][/color]There's only one good thing about Mary Sues... they don't exist in real life.

Forcing religion, or any ideology for that matter, down someone's throat, is not that different from doing the same with a physical object: it's an unpleasant experience to the recipient, who will likely dislike you for it afterwards.
Kerusso

Postby samurai10 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:54 am

Radical Dreamer (post: 1488181) wrote:Also, Benjamin Linus from Lost is probably one of the most complex villains I've ever seen. I love him just by appreciating how ridiculously well-written his character is. XD

I saw him a couple of times, but I only watched season 2. So I was really confused when you said he's a villain. XD But he looks like he would make a good villain.

Scarecrow (post: 1488211) wrote:Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula. (It's Dracula)
Sauron from the LOTR trilogy (sure you never really see him but that was part of what makes him so awesome)

O_O *facepalm* How in the world could I forget these two?! They're like, awesomer than Johann!

Although the White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia was a good villain too, but she's not drop dead AWESOME. XD

I've only seen one episode of Doctor Who with weeping angels in it (Was the first episode of Doctor who I watched. XD Episode was called...Blink? I think) But they ARE awesome. O_O And freaky. Just the way a villain should be. XD
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Atria35 (post: 1488213) wrote:Don't you mean it's been ages since you'd seen the anime? And that you forgot about him being a serial killer?

Umm... XD My bad... I thought you guys were talking about the 2003 movie, "Monster" with Charlize Theron... about the real life story of a woman prostitute turned serial killer. I couldn't remember her name but Joann sounded good to me :P Ignore me then. I thought it was odd people thought of her as best villain but... yeah :P Never even heard of the anime.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby TWWK » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:06 pm

I think these are the very best/evilest/most memorable:
Darth Vader, Star Wars
Hannibal Lector, The Silence of the Lambs
Amon Goth, Schindler's List

Honorable mention:
Judge Doom, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Scar, The Lion King
Maleficent, Sleeping Beauty
Alonzo Harris, Training Day
Col. Nathan Jessop, A Few Good Men
The Joker, The Dark Knight
Cunningham, Rob Roy
Commodus, Gladiator
Sauron, The Lord of the Rings
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1488287) wrote:Umm... XD My bad... I thought you guys were talking about the 2003 movie, "Monster" with Charlize Theron... about the real life story of a woman prostitute turned serial killer. I couldn't remember her name but Joann sounded good to me :P Ignore me then. I thought it was odd people thought of her as best villain but... yeah :P Never even heard of the anime.

Well, now you have and you need to wtch it ASAP!
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Some of my faves that weren't mentioned:
The Master (Delgado and Ainley version 4tw!)
Davros
Emperor Palpatine
Lex Luthor
Darkseid
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:26 pm

samurai10 (post: 1488278) wrote:I saw him a couple of times, but I only watched season 2. So I was really confused when you said he's a villain. XD But he looks like he would make a good villain.

Dude, you've gotta go back and watch the entire thing. XD Michael Emerson is a fabulous actor, and his role on Lost as Ben Linus was one of the best things on primetime television, IMO. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:20 pm

That german dude from Inglorious B*****ds
The Joker The Dark knight
The Joker Batman
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 am

From anything?! D: That's too manyyyy....

In no particular order:

Movies
Star Wars - Darth Vader
Tangled - Gothel
Aladdin (Disney) - Jafar
Beauty and the Beast (Disney) - Gaston
any villain Basil Rathbone has played ever
Peter Pan - Captain Hook (as played by Jason Isaacs)
The Lion King - Scar

Anime
FMA - Lust, Scar
FMA: Brotherhood - Pride, Kimbley
Monster - Johan
Howl's Moving Castle - Witch of the Waste ("What a pretty fire!" XD)

Books
Dracula by Bram Stoker - Count Dracula (*shudder*)
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - Gollum
Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases by Nishioishin - B
the Harry Potter series - Voldemort

Video Games
FFVII - Sephiroth (if only because he has the most awesome theme song EVER)
Myst series - [spoiler]Sirrus, Gehn[/spoiler]
The Legend of Zelda series - Ganon(dorf)
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Lord Fawful (I HAVE CHORTLES!!!!!)
The World Ends with You - Minamimoto (ZETTA SLOOOOOW!!!), Kariya, Joshua (though I guess it's debatable whether he's a villain or not)

...that's all I can think of for now.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:21 pm

I can't believe I forgot this one:

Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I will argue his villiany all the way to the bank!
Atria35

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:24 pm

God bless you. lol.

Ironically, mine are Darth Vader, Venom and the Green Goblin (Spectacular Spider-Man)

"We all wear masks Spider-Man, but which one is the mask. The one that hides your face or the one that IS your face?"-Green Goblin.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Atria35 (post: 1488741) wrote:I can't believe I forgot this one:

Captain Hammer from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I will argue his villiany all the way to the bank!

Definitely a villain, not my favorite, but definitely a villain.
MomentOfInertia

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Ferb (post: 1488781) wrote:God bless you. lol.

Thanks. XD

One more, and I can't believe I forgot her: GLaDOS. I love her so much.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:33 pm

OH YEAH! Creepiest villain ever, and I love her for it:

SHODAN from the System Shock games
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Next

Return to General Entertainment