Pixar's Brave (Teaser!)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

I was kinda disappointed by it. Merida's a brat and I felt bad for her Mom :\ Holy crap kid, just put the freaking weapon on the floor and stop causing Mom undue grief.

The short film was really good though.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 am

Shao, Merida didn't seem to me to be a brat, more the typical teenager.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 am

I get that Merida doesn't want to be a girly princess and get married right now, but otherwise she just seems unnecessarily mean to her mom. You're probably supposed to side with Merida in the movie, but they made it kind of hard to do so.

I also forgot to say about my disappointment, I was hoping that the movie would be more grand and epic. Instead the movie felt small to me. The trailers made me think the movie would be a lot more epic. I guess I was hoping to feel like I was watching LotR or something.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ADXC » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 am

I actually didn't think much of the trailers, saw the movie, and came out with a lot more than I had expected.
ADXC

Postby Vilo159 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I was kinda disappointed. It explored the exact same relationship that has been explored dozens of times, and added nothing original to it. The plot was threadbare, and they tried to cover it with a bunch of filler panoramic scenes to make up for the loss. They could've gone into a lot more depth with the bear, and everything else for that matter. I kinda felt like I was watching Brother Bear all over again. And there was nothing in the plot that had to do with the title at all. This had a lot of potential, but I think they chose a bad direction to go with it in the first place. Everything after the marriage competition should have been scrapped, and they should've gone an entirely different direction from there.

On a more optimistic note, everything before the competition was great. The filler scenes were fantastic, the animation was stellar, the accents were well done. The characters were great, or at least have potential to be great with further detail. I loved Merida's dad. They did a great job animating the wisps, and her hair looked awesome. That, and Merida was pretty cute.
Vilo159

Postby Neane » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:08 am

BRAVE is a serious step back for Pixar. It's better than 'Cars 2' but not by much.
Neane

Previous

Return to General Entertainment