[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Favorite Disney villains - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Favorite Disney villains

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite Disney villains

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 am

You know, for such a sweet, beautiful body of work, Disney created some of the most frightening villains ever. Who are your favorite villains?
1. Scar (Lion King)--this guy is so ruthless. And I love his villain song!
2. Xanatos (Gargoyles)--that cunning smirk. And Jonathan Frakes is his voice actor. It's a perfect match.
3. Cruella De Ville (101 Dalmatians)--Sing it with me: If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will.
4. The Coachman (Pinocchio)--Every time I hear that line "They never come back--as boys!", I get chills.
5. Jafar (Aladdin)--his voice is so bone-chilling.
6. Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)--he's Scar, but worse.
7. Hades (Hercules)--So what if he's not accurate. He's great!
8. Demona (Gargoyles)--the sad part is that she can be sympathized with. You almost feel like if you were her, you might've chosen the same path.
9. Magica Da Spell (Uncle Scrooge comics, Duck Tales)--June Foray was perfect as this villain.
10. Mirage (Aladdin: the series)--Because she's just in it for the fun of tormenting others. And I love that scene where she turns Jasmine into a poisonous monster and Aladdin volunteers to be turned into a male version just so they can still be together.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

1. Shan Yu (Mulan)- He's too evil to have a song. Think about it- every Disney villian has a song... except for him. He is too evil and ruthless for that. His actions speak far louder than his words ever could.
2. Scar- There's nothing not to love about this guy! Great songs and he's a sleazeball.
3. Hades- He's hilarious. Evil, and has a great sense of humor. Gotta love it!
Atria35

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:43 am

Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Frollo yet. Best villain song ever? You know it.

1. Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, mostly because he's the most believable of them all. I've met people like Frollo. Also played by Tony Jay, who has such a distinctively evil voice they had to use it twice (he's the asylum guy from Beauty and the Beast).

2. Shan Yu - Mulan. After all, the little girl will be missing her doll.

3. Scar - Jeremy Irons, ladies and gentlemen. Jeremy Irons.

4. Ursula - Don't feel the need to elaborate. She's just awesome.

5. Maleficent - style + coolness + hatred = awesome. Definitely the most distinctive character in the whole movie.

6. Joanna and MacLeach - Rescuers Down Under. I love this movie, always have, and I love these two. Especially the egg stealing scene. They're not as menacing as other villains but they're so enjoyable to watch.

7. Jafar - When I was little I always thought the turban flap that goes under his chin was actually his neck, and I wondered why he had such a weird neck. XD

I'll post more when I think of them.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nozomi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Well, this is a young thread, but how about Ratigan from The Great Mouse Detective? Voiced by Vincent Price (which I believe was his last role ever, or close to it).
There is always hope in the Lord for those who seek it.
Live each day as if it were your first, not your last.
Nozomi

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Most of mine I think have already been covered.

1) Maleficent
2) The Horned King (definitely the scariest)
3) Scar
4) Frollo
5) The Devil (from Fantasia)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1484421) wrote:
4. Ursula - Don't feel the need to elaborate. She's just awesome.

She has the best villain song next to Scar's Be Prepared.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1484421) wrote:1. Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, mostly because he's the most believable of them all. I've met people like Frollo. Also played by Tony Jay, who has such a distinctively evil voice they had to use it twice (he's the asylum guy from Beauty and the Beast).

How could I have forgotten him?! 'Hellfire' is super-freaky! And didn't he set a cabin on fire that had a family and a baby in it?! Yeah. The only villian that could match it is Shan Yu. You don't see that level of evil from any other villian.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Most of my favorites have been covered as well it seems, but here we go anyway. These aren't in any particular order by the way.

Scar (The Lion King) - Like many people said, best villain song ever. I also find him highly intriguing. What happened in his life to make him so bitter he killed his own brother? How did he get that Scar?

Zira (The Lion II: Simba's Pride) - She was a rather bad a lioness. Had a pretty cool villain song to.

Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) - Yet another awesome villain song. I didn't watch this movie much as a child, maybe once or twice, but I remember he scared the heck out of me. I really want to watch this movie again now, but I only have it on VHS and am no longer in possession of a VCR. I did buy the book a few months ago though so maybe I'll read that first.

Shere Khan (The Jungle Book) - In all honesty I don't think he's that much like Scar, something is different about him. Scar was all brain. Shere Khan was brain AND muscle. He was clever, charming and didn't need to really hide behind anyone to get things done.

Hades (Hercules) - He was just so hilarious, I probably shouldn't like him as much as I do.

Facilier (The Princess and the Frog) - He was really creepy and pretty evil, but somehow cool at the same time.

Lawrence (The Princess and The Frog) - Not really a villain, more of a minion. It's kind of just like how I am with Hades, I find him amusing.

Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove) - Another minion, but considering he was the villain's sidekick in the first movie in least I think I can add him here. He was hilarious and endearing at the same time.

And er...I know there are probably more, but this is all I can think of at the moment. :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Maledicte » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:57 pm

No particular order:

Maleficent - she's the Mistress of All Evil, baby! The least subtle pretty much of all the villains yet at the same time the most classy.

Scar - I blame him for my crush on Jeremy Irons.

Dr. Facilier - Keith David! Such a lively villain and had a great song.

Frollo - The most disturbingly human of the Disney villains in my opinion. Also, he's so evil, he hijacks the film's main score for his song.

Ratigan - huzzah for Vincent Price!

Xanatos - So awesome, he has his own series of tropes.
Maledicte

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Jafar (Aladdin) - Deliciously evil :evil: I love his "Price Aboo-boo" and his freaky laugh. Plus, he turns into a huge snake at the end :cool:

Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) - Dude, she turns into a purple dragon. How cool can you get?!

Lady Tremaine (Cinderella) - She's got to be the nastiest stepmother I've ever seen. I always thought the scene where Cinderella goes into her dark bedroom and she gives her a huge long list of chores was really creepy, even with the humor that Lucifer adds. (Of course, it wasn't until later in life that I realized how utterly creepy it is that she named her cat Lucifer.)

Gaston (Beauty and the Beast) - "No...one's...slick as Gaston!/ No one's quick as Gaston!/ No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston!" Plus, the climactic scene with him and the Beast is one of the most dramatic ones I can think of in all Disney movies.

Edgar (The Aristocats) - I don't really care much for this movie, but Edgar is one of the things I've always liked about it (especially because of those two dogs he runs into along the way - "You're not gunna believe this...but it's a one-wheel haystack!").
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Um, Wolf's Howl, I point you to the Evil Overlord List: Never turn into a snake. It never helps.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:23 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1485894) wrote: (Of course, it wasn't until later in life that I realized how utterly creepy it is that Disney named her cat Lucifer.)

Because there really wasn't a cat that played a decent role in any of the original stories.
Atria35

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm

rocklobster (post: 1485919) wrote:Um, Wolf's Howl, I point you to the Evil Overlord List: Never turn into a snake. It never helps.

Well, by that same token you could say that villains should never laugh maniacally, and I refuse to give up my favorite villain laughs XD (Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec4nMM9KSKA&feature=related)

I finally saw Tangled, and now I can add Gothel to my list of favorite Disney villains. I think this is the first time I've seen a fairy tale that's actually not completely black-and-white. I could actually sympathize with Gothel and understand where she was coming from, which is a lot more than I can say for ones who are just arbitrarily evil like Lady Tremaine or that asylum dude in Beauty and the Beast. (Not to lessen their villainy; I love those ones too.)

And somehow that reminded me: I also love Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove! Especially when she turns into a cat XD "Um, I've just been turned into a cow?" "You're excused. Anyone else." "No, we're good."
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby bakura91 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:44 pm

I know its Pixar/Disney But Sid from Toy Story. Thats gotta be one of my favorite kids films that I could watch over and over. Sid and the whole part of the movie when Buzz and Woody are in his house I love, it turns dark because on one level the main characters are out of Andys house and basically in a torture dungeon for toys lol. And the funny thing is when I was a kid Sid used to be as scary as the devil but rewatching the movie as an adult you realize the character has no Idea the toys are living biengs till the end lol.

Not only that but Sid reminds me of when I was 8 and me and my best friend played with our g.i joes till the figures limbs broke and we said they were wounds from battle. And would give funerals by burrying them in the dirt.
bakura91

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 am

I usually don't like villains generally, but what's a great story without them?

Scar: He was really wicked, but his minors were funny though. Also, dat theme song of his.

Kronk:He was really funny.

Cruella DeVil: Classy.
The sorcerer from the Princess and the frog:Dat classy theme song of his.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Return to General Entertainment