TV shows/series you dislike/think are the worst.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:38 am

Davidizer13 (post: 1484217) wrote:I really don't care for anything on HGTV, because it's a network that shows essentially the same show for 24 hours a day. There is only so many times you can watch people fawn over houses you will never buy, no matter if they're in Boston, Aruba or orbiting Mars.

Exactly. I like looking at pretty homes but I cannot listen to whiny so-and-sos complaining that they don't like the light fixtures and paint in the $500,000 home they're thinking about buying. Or when a single person with no roommates wants a 4-bedroom home in the suburbs, but it's not close to my job AND my friends so this one won't do, and oh my god this closet is like, so tiny who could ever have a closet as small as this. Rassa frassin' mumble grumble...

Oh and don't forget all those jerks who gut immaculate, beautiful vintage homes because it's sooooooo dated. Then DON'T BUY A VINTAGE HOME YOU IDIOT. HGTV has taught me one valuable lesson: that I could never, ever be a real estate agent.

Also 95% of what is on TLC nowadays, that is, the shows about short people, polygamists, large families, people who put their kids into beauty pageants, obnoxious Italian bakers who yell about cakes, people who overuse coupons to buy stuff they don't need for cheap, and large, obnoxious Italian families of polygamous short people who overuse coupons to buy stuff they don't need for nothing so they can put their children into beauty pageants while yelling about cakes. (I will be contacting TLC with the idea as soon as I find said family. Soon, I will be a millionaire.)

I really feel like TLC is exploiting "weird" people by putting them on TV and that by watching, I am contributing to their suffering. It gives me that "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" feeling. Beauty pageants, polygamy, and having 19 kids are all questionable practices in the first place; putting it on TV for all to see should be illegal or something. I watch television because I want to relax and forget about how life blows chunks, not to be reminded of it-- or worse, be "entertained" by it. It's "entertainment" in the same way circus sideshows were a form of "entertainment".
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 pm

The Biggest Loser. I feel like that show represents everything wrong with how America as a nation looks at the issue of obesity.

American Idol was nice the first few seasons, but then it became endless repetitive and stupid.

Family Guy goes back and forth from being an okay show to a horrible show.

Also I am a massive tsundere for Deadliest Warrior. I like the concept and some of the episodes, but the history is so inaccurate it makes me want to slam my head into a brick wall.
Yamamaya

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1484325) wrote:The Biggest Loser. I feel like that show represents everything wrong with how America as a nation looks at the issue of obesity.

I pretty much agree.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:14 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1484319) wrote:Oh and don't forget all those jerks who gut immaculate, beautiful vintage homes because it's sooooooo dated. Then DON'T BUY A VINTAGE HOME YOU IDIOT. HGTV has taught me one valuable lesson: that I could never, ever be a real estate agent.

That makes me sad. My mom actually saved a 1920s kitchen from being torn apart. If I remember correctly, the original design was going to remove original maid's stairs and a butler's pantry and turn it into some horrible ugly kitchen. So yeah. She saved it.

If you don't mind, I'm going to punch somebody.

Oh, and I rarely watch TV, so I can't give an honest opinion. I would have to base it on what I've heard. And from what I've heard, reality shows are the worst.
Ante Bellum

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Jersey Shore.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby bakura91 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:50 pm

I really Dont understand the appeal of Jersey Shore is, I watched like 5 minutes of it once that was way too much, I cant stand The View Its like nails on a chalkboard to me lol I REALLY cant stand Mtv anymore the last time that channel had any good shows was when I was like 10 or 12. Similarly I watched Adult Swim Since it Began till when they put all there anime on at 4:00 a.m on a Saturday, turned it into late 90s-early 2000s Tv reruns and unfunny stoner shows
bakura91

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Spongebob Squarepants. That show used to be hilarious, now it's probably one of the worse cartoons.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:11 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1484319) wrote:Oh and don't forget all those jerks who gut immaculate, beautiful vintage homes because it's sooooooo dated. Then DON'T BUY A VINTAGE HOME YOU IDIOT. HGTV has taught me one valuable lesson: that I could never, ever be a real estate agent.

The flip-that-house type shows where they did that sort of thing seem to have become a lot less common]
American Idol was nice the first few seasons, but then it became endless repetitive and stupid.[/QUOTE]

American Idol is yet another show that I am subjected to when I'm in the same room as the TV. There was that one guy this last season, the kid who was always putting a Texas-ish twang in his voice to sound like, I don't know, some older-type country singers who were actually good. Every time I saw him, I was like, "Oh great, is Captain Twang still on?" because that was pretty much all he did: sing slow modern-country songs with a silly twang on every word and I marveled how he hadn't been eliminated yet.

Turns out, he won.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Ferb (post: 1489333) wrote:Spongebob Squarepants. That show used to be hilarious, now it's probably one of the worse cartoons.

I have to agree. First couple of seasons were silly and funny and often clever. But it quickly went into double-you-tee-eff territory.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Ferb (post: 1489333) wrote:Spongebob Squarepants. That show used to be hilarious, now it's probably one of the worse cartoons.

I like toilet humor however I don't see what's so malfing funny about him splitting the seat of his pants when he bends over....
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:07 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1484319) wrote:Exactly. I like looking at pretty homes but I cannot listen to whiny so-and-sos complaining that they don't like the light fixtures and paint in the $500,000 home they're thinking about buying.

So they're thinking of buying an average house?

Also, Big Bang Theory is significantly better than 2.5 Men.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:32 am

If you think Family Guy is a good show, my opinion of you drops by one point.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:19 am

Warrior4Christ wrote:Also, Big Bang Theory is significantly better than 2.5 Men.

If that's the case, then 2.5 men must be atrociously hideous considering how completely awful and unfunny Big Bang Theory is.
If you think Family Guy is a good show, my opinion of you drops by one point.

But I only think the first three seasons, before it got canceled were good! Oh well...

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:37 am

Nate (post: 1489697) wrote:But I only think the first three seasons, before it got canceled were good! Oh well...
Nate -1.
Fish and Chips

Postby bakura91 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:03 am

I agree Family Guy was best in the seasons before it was originally canceled. The writing was way! better. Now I still watch it quite abit Ill admit and there still are great episodes every now and then but the quality of the Writing really dropped at a certain point. The character Peter Really did take the same turn Homer Simpson did ( being way dumber in the later seasons then the character was at the beginning) because Its easier to write the jokes by making the characters one joke characters the majority of the teenage audience wont notice they are using the same jokes every time. Also much of the cut-away gags are just inserted to fill episode run time and you don't have to write or think of anything creative when the characters are doing a scene from a popular movie for 5 straight minutes or your cutting to Conway Twitty doing an entire song. Also alot of times the character Brian is self insertion for Seth McFarland to express his Political thoughts, whether you agree with the politics or not you have to admit thats poor writing.
bakura91

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:40 pm

I've been giving some thought into this thread. I think MTV's Teen Mom has to be the worst.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Warrior4Christ (post: 1489686) wrote:So they're thinking of buying an average house?

Where I live, half a million dollars can buy A LOT of house.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1489691) wrote:If you think Family Guy is a good show, my opinion of you drops by one point.

Family Guy is enjoyable at times, but it's by no means quality entertainment. Not to mention the show's humor tends to be horribly biased, unlike surprisingly unbiased shows like South Park and King of the Hill.

I would say anyone who prefers Family Guy to South Park needs to get their head examined.

American Dad and The Cleveland Show also get ALL MY HATE.
Yamamaya

Previous

Return to General Entertainment