TV shows/series you dislike/think are the worst.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

TV shows/series you dislike/think are the worst.

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Hey guys!
Since we have a thread of movies that we dislike,
how about TV shows we dislike/is the worst in your opinion?
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Soap Operas, nuff said.
ADXC

Postby AngelicTotoro » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Mostly anything that is on primetime Abc, Gray's anatomy... Desperate house 'appliances' (wifes) ...
(Of course those are basically just cleverly disgused soap operas.) :shake:
Body of proof, and all of those half an hour comedies.
(The only thing I like is Castle. And if it weren't for the character, 'Castle' I wouldn't even bother watching it.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 am

Glee... cannot stand that show. Turned it on a couple times since I generally love musicals and heard so much raving about it. Wow... awful, awful show IMO. Not that there is much good on TV anyway but this was by far one of the most annoying. Bad acting. Badly placed songs. Unlikable characters (except for the Jane Lynch character). And incredibly pretentious. The power of Madonna? Seriously? Thought maybe it was just a terrible episode. Watched a couple more... no, they're all like that. Not only is the show terrible, it's annoying to boot. Hands down the show I dislike the most...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:40 am

Hole in the Wall, Dude What Would Happen, and Destroy Build Destroy. Oh, and Marcel's Quantum Kitchen. All of these are shows that are on the wrong networks.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sapphire225 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:05 pm

If its a Reality TV show, its usually bound to be bad and overdramatic. Unfortunately, because it is so bad and overdramatic, it becomes a guilty pleasure quickly.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Normally I'm indifferent to whatever I don't watch, but... I despise Johnny Test. My little brother was a fan for a while, so I saw it to death, which forged my animosity towards it.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm

American soap operas. Believe it or not, I like dramas from other countries, esp. Korea, Taiwan, etc, but American? Blegh!
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1483177) wrote:Glee... cannot stand that show. Turned it on a couple times since I generally love musicals and heard so much raving about it. Wow... awful, awful show IMO. Not that there is much good on TV anyway but this was by far one of the most annoying. Bad acting. Badly placed songs. Unlikable characters (except for the Jane Lynch character). And incredibly pretentious. The power of Madonna? Seriously? Thought maybe it was just a terrible episode. Watched a couple more... no, they're all like that. Not only is the show terrible, it's annoying to boot. Hands down the show I dislike the most...

Oh my gosh I agree so much. I watched the first half of season 1 of Glee (it was released separately on DVD, which I borrowed), and that half-season is actually really well-written, well-acted, and has songs that don't feel nearly as forced. Excited for the new episodes in the second half, I started watching the series as it aired on TV, and it was awful. XD They re-used old plotlines, dug up issues that should've been resolved in the first half of the season, and wrote the characters to be completely out of character from what they'd set up in the first half of the season. And season 2 didn't get any better (in fact, it got worse). XD So yeah, Glee is definitely one of the worst shows on television, and CERTAINLY the most overrated TV show out there. The Glee fanbase is ridiculous. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Two and a Half Men- This show was never funny.

Let's go ahead and throw in all Chuck Lorre sitcoms. They just are not funny enough to be worth watching.

I'm also quite tired of the various "crime dramas" currently out there. Murder mysteries are so much more interesting in a long form serial, and in general they just do not offer much variety or depth of characterization that really helps to carry episodic series.
Cognitive Gear

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 am

I cannot stand soap operas, so boring and repetitive.
Also those stupid reality shows, especially *cough* Jersey Shore & MTV*cough*
And yes, Glee is way overrated. I like musicals, but this is annoying as HSM.
The typical shows what CN, Disney and Nick airs nowadays.. >__>
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:59 am

Stargate: Universe. Awful.

Also, I never found American Idol particularly enjoyable.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:03 am

I watch very little TV at all, to be honest. If I find a show that I like, I'll just buy it on DVD and watch it at my leisure. I don't even own a DVR or have cable. It's a very effective "lousy show filter."
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby GeneD » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:36 am

I don't like reality shows, the contest kind or the "look at our lives" kind. Don't really heat anything actively though, that I can think of right now at least.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:45 am

Most reality shows are pretty bad, but I'll admit I do like a few. The Amazing Race is my favorite. I've also watched American Idol, MasterChef and Undercover Boss. :lol: Meanwhile, as for shows I don't like? Life of the American Teenager or whatever that show is, the main character annoys the heck out of me, I can't even watch that show.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Tarnish » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 am

The new seasons of Futurama have been downright depressing to watch. There's just something about seeing characters I used to like so much become cardboard cutout stand-ins for cocktail napkin jokes.
Tarnish

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 am

Whoa...wait. There is a new season of Futurama!? 0.o
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:52 am

TopazRaven (post: 1483893) wrote:Whoa...wait. There is a new season of Futurama!? 0.o

Yeah. They was airing new episodes since months ago on Comedy Central.
ImageImage
UniqueAngelStar

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 am

Lol, I never even knew that. I'm so far behind. :lol:

TopazRaven

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:33 pm

shooraijin (post: 1483828) wrote:I watch very little TV at all, to be honest. If I find a show that I like, I'll just buy it on DVD and watch it at my leisure. I don't even own a DVR or have cable. It's a very effective "lousy show filter."

This. I've only had satellite tv for about 9 or 10 months of my life, when it came with the apartment I was staying in last year when I was working and getting ready to come to Japan.

Nowadays, I buy what I want to watch on Itunes or I watch it online.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:33 pm

I don't have cable but I still manage to see some TV from time to time.

Shows I Hate:

- Jon and Kate Plus 8. Don't get me started.
- Pretty much anything on TLC except What Not to Wear, which I love.
- Most reality TV shows.
- Family Guy. Please do not try to talk me into liking it. I have seen some 20-ish episodes of it, and I think that's enough to know that I hate it.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 pm

AngelicTotoro (post: 1483154) wrote:Mostly anything that is on primetime Abc, Gray's anatomy... Desperate house 'appliances' (wifes) ...
(Of course those are basically just cleverly disgused soap operas.) :shake:
Body of proof, and all of those half an hour comedies.
(The only thing I like is Castle. And if it weren't for the character, 'Castle' I wouldn't even bother watching it.)

LOL Nothing wrong with Grey's Anatomy... ^^;
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't watch much TV, so I really am not familiar with most shows. However, I must say I think Big Bang Theory is one of the worst-written, consistently awful and unfunny shows that has ever been on television, and it's annoying how unbelievably popular it is.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Nate (post: 1484126) wrote:I don't watch much TV, so I really am not familiar with most shows. However, I must say I think Two and a Half Men is one of the worst-written, consistently awful and unfunny shows that has ever been on television, and it's annoying how unbelievably popular it is.

FTFY, my friend.

Really you could put any sitcom from the last 10-15 years there and it would still probably be true. Another example: Friends. Can't stand that show, yet everybody loved it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Nate (post: 1484126) wrote:I don't watch much TV, so I really am not familiar with most shows. However, I must say I think Big Bang Theory is one of the worst-written, consistently awful and unfunny shows that has ever been on television, and it's annoying how unbelievably popular it is.

Chuck Lorre strikes again.
Cognitive Gear

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Lol, The Big Bang Theory is actually one of the sitcomes I do watch. :D Guess I'm not helping here.

TopazRaven

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm

I used to watch The Big Bang Theory but it's gotten so bad I haven't bothered to keep up with it, so I guess I'm part of the haters? Or maybe since liked the earlier stuff I'm not a hater. I guess I don't belong with anyone.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I really don't care for anything on HGTV, because it's a network that shows essentially the same show for 24 hours a day. There is only so many times you can watch people fawn over houses you will never buy, no matter if they're in Boston, Aruba or orbiting Mars. Also 95% of what is on TLC nowadays, that is, the shows about short people, polygamists, large families, people who put their kids into beauty pageants, obnoxious Italian bakers who yell about cakes, people who overuse coupons to buy stuff they don't need for cheap, and large, obnoxious Italian families of polygamous short people who overuse coupons to buy stuff they don't need for nothing so they can put their children into beauty pageants while yelling about cakes. (I will be contacting TLC with the idea as soon as I find said family. Soon, I will be a millionaire.)

Unfortunately, my mom has the exact opposite opinion. These are among her favorite shows to watch, and I'm usually in the same room when she decides to watch them, so I'm exposed to them constantly. When you're detached from actually trying to watch them, you notice how messed up the people on the shows are, as if the cameras are having a corrosive effect on their sanity and keeping their lives together. It's kind of entertaining at first, but then it just gets sad.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 pm

I hate New family Guy, its been consistently awful.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1483873) wrote:The Amazing Race is my favorite.

That, Survivor, and chef contest shows are the only ones that I actually like.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Next

Return to General Entertainment