Movies you hate

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Nanao » Sat May 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I can't stand Pulp Fiction either. There are very few movies that I absolutely won't watch, but one of them is Pendragon. It's not very well known, but we had some friends over who brought it. I really can't stand Austin Powers movies either. But, other than that there aren't a whole lot of movies that I really hate.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 21, 2011 1:03 pm

QtheQreater (post: 1480363) wrote:High School Musical. Not that I actually elected to watch it, but my first college roommate thought she needed it to lull her to sleep at night...every night...I've been scarred for life...

. . . Dude. This is horrible. XD I've had roommates with bad taste in the past, and I've had to watch things I really didn't care for in order to prefer her. But every night? That's just...wow. XD I can't even imagine. XD

Also I don't spend a lot of time thinking about movies I don't like, but the first one that springs to mind is Get Him to the Greek. My suitemates last year watched it like, 8 times in one semester. And it was such a stupid movie. And not even a little bit funny. And I kept coming up with reasons to leave the apartment, just so I wouldn't have to hear it through the walls. XD

Also, agreeing on the Pirates sequels and the Star Wars prequels. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Some friends and I went to the theater to see Vampires Suck when it was there b/c we thought it would be good for some laughs due to making fun of the Twilight series. It was awful. Really, really awful. We walked out at the end like, "What did we just see?!? That's 2 hours we will never ever get back."

Other movies on my list are: Little Fockers (of all people, my roommate's mom rented it and brought it to the apartment last night). Definitely much cruder than Meet the Parents (which I enjoy).

Any American Pie or Movie-type movie (Scary Movie, etc.)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Sun May 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Here is a list of movies of which I wouldn't like/won't care to watch:

I don't usually like horror and drama movies with killing and inappropriate themes. They scare me out and I don't like to watch sad/depressing stuff.

Also, I don't like those teenybopper movies like High School Musical and those corny Disney Channel movies (although it's rare for me to like a few of them) including Twilight saga movies.

Some bad remakes of original movies and shows and sequels of a original movie that is just fine for only one.

Generic romantic movies. Romance is fine, but the movies with that almost have the same similar plot, it's pretty repetitive to me.

I may like comedy movies, but movies like the Epic Movie series and nonsense movies like Norbit were terrible. Those are a waste of movie tickets.

No wonder I don't go to the movie theaters that often. I don't remember the last time I went there.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Okami » Sun May 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I was going to say that I've been thinking on the question for the past four days and couldn't think of anything, and just as I clicked the thread title to say so, one popped into my head. Hostel. I couldn't even sit through half of it. I got up and walked out of the room. (Of course...watching such a movie with your parents in the first place...[SIZE="1"]uh[/SIZE]...) Yeah. Thoughts of that movie disgust me to this day, and it's been a couple years since I've seen what I saw of it.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Okami (post: 1480535) wrote: (Of course...watching such a movie with your parents in the first place...[SIZE="1"]uh[/SIZE]...).

This depends. I have a friend, and she and her father are super-huge horror fanatics and watch all sorts of those films together. They went to see it together... and couldn't watch it. They walked out.
Atria35

Postby Okami » Sun May 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Atria35 (post: 1480554) wrote:This depends. I have a friend, and she and her father are super-huge horror fanatics and watch all sorts of those films together. They went to see it together... and couldn't watch it. They walked out.

I used to be the same way. After watching what I did of Hostel, I've never been able to handle gore in movies, and have for the most part, shyed away from the Horror genre. I'd much prefer Psychological Thrillers these days, such as 2004's Breaking Dawn. A friend of mine had me watch it this past year, and it was entertaining - of course, I'm not sure if I enjoyed the movie, or our other friend freaking out at every twist, more. XD;
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Sun May 22, 2011 5:16 pm

[quote="Okami (post: 1480562)"]I used to be the same way. After watching what I did of Hostel, I've never been able to handle gore in movies, and have for the most part, shyed away from the Horror genre. I'd much prefer Psychological Thrillers these days, such as 2004's Breaking Dawn. A friend of mine had me watch it this past year, and it was entertaining - of course, I'm not sure if I enjoyed the movie, or our other friend freaking out at every twist, more. XD]

I am normally the same way (with regard to gore), but for some strange reason, I enjoyed Repo: The Genetic Opera --which is pretty gory b/c of its basic premise (organ repossession.)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Sheenar (post: 1480564) wrote:I am normally the same way (with regard to gore), but for some strange reason, I enjoyed Repo: The Genetic Opera --which is pretty gory b/c of its basic premise (organ repossession.)

That movie made me cry. I thought it was fabulous. I think the gore factor was matched by the drama going on around it.
Atria35

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun May 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. But not for reason of quality but because everyone who watches them suddenly has a profound understanding for the character, while completely ignoring the source material.

Transformers.
Solid Ronin

Postby Nate » Sun May 22, 2011 9:10 pm

I haven't downloaded or watched it yet, but judging from comments I saw and reviews I've read, I'm really gonna hate Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Movie War Core.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Other movies I can't stand:
Batman and Robin (curse you Joel Schumacher and your Bat Credit Card!)
any Police Academy movie (why did I watch all of them?)
any Land Before Time sequel
Spider-man 3 (Why so little Venom?)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Solid Ronin (post: 1480594) wrote:Batman Beings and The Dark Knight. But not for reason of quality but because everyone who watches them suddenly has a profound understanding for the character, while completely ignoring the source material.

Why so serious?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon May 23, 2011 2:53 pm

I don't know what to think of Saving Private Ryan. I mean, I know it's really a great movie, but I've grown up watching it over and over with my brother and dad ever since I was about four years old, so I'm burned out on that movie to the point where I almost hate it. Whenever my dad or brother says, "Let's watch Saving Private Ryan!", my mom and I beg for them to watch something else. Also, I can't stand the Highschool Musical movies. I don't know why. Most of my friends love them, but I'm the complete opposite.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue May 24, 2011 2:41 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1480727) wrote:Why so serious?

Exactly my question.
Solid Ronin

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 am

I hate Pay It Forward. I believe it's silly and way, way, way, overly simplistic. Human nature is selfish, and 90% of people would not pay something forward simply because someone told them to. Being simplistic isn't what made me hate it, though. It's more that people worshiped it, especially those in certain Christian circles.

There is a certain director that hasn't made a single movie I've had a desire to see, and the one that I watched all the way through made me want to throw up, only because of how manipulative and deceptive he is... Those will be the only clues I'll leave, but that should be enough.

I loved the Matrix when it first came out, and for years after, even the sequels, but I just watched it (with Rifftrax, which don't normally make me hate movies) and the scene with the building security really... really bothered me. I mean, they weren't agents, they were just random security guards. They brought guns into the Matrix, why not, like, a helicopter or something so they wouldn't need to get past the guards and essentially murder innocent people. I don't have a problem with them killing the agents, and indirectly the people the agents had taken over... The agents are the ones that sacrificed those lives, really, at that point. But the people in the hallway... Pointless. They try to draw parallels to Jesus, but Jesus never wasted innocents. Or... Anyone, for that matter. It's more like he did the right thing RIGHT AT THE END after taking the cheap way out up to that point.

Oh, yeah, little Fockers. If only because I'm tired of seeing that guy get picked on (even if he does stupid things that are his fault) I will say, I felt a mountain of relief when [spoiler]it was his father, and not wife or father-in-law that found him in the pit.[/spoiler] if that had been another embarrassing scene, I would have lost it.

I will agree with Eat, Pray, Love... terrible movie. First movie I saw with my wife. Of all the movies...

[spoiler]Batman went through many stages, some serious and some silly and some absurd, and I believe that not only is Nolan's take on it just as valid others (such as the Animated series), his take on the Joker, from what I understand, is closer to the year one Joker than any other non-comic adaptation's has been. Joker's personality formed into what most people thought of (before Dark Knight) as a result of widespread censoring in the Comics industry. [/spoiler]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Nami » Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 am

I really didn't care for Scott Pilgrim. :/ it had a few laughs, but it was very often...not funny. And more annoying. The main guys voice drives me nuts!! He sounds like a 15 year-old going through puberty and talking with helium. >_>; the gay roommate was funnier than him. XD; Like I said though, a few good quotes.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 am

I don't even want to see Scott Pilgrim for the sole reason that the tagline on the teaser poster was "An epic of epic epicness" or something like that. They keep using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means.

Is that a dumb reason to avoid a movie? Probably, but I'm weird like that.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 25, 2011 11:43 am

The Scott Pilgrim "hate" (I'm only using that word based on the title of the thread, I'm not indicating that anybody has more than just a mild to strong dislike of any movie XD) in this thread makes me so sad! XD I loved that movie, as well as the comic. Then again, I'm a fan of both Edgar Wright and the sort of humor that was prevalent in that film. Also I actually like Michael Cera in several of his roles, so that probably has something to do with it, too. XD

Except for Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I saw that movie and just didn't care much for it at all, in spite of Michael Cera and (maybe because of XD) the music scene references. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed May 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Michael Cera is the other reason I don't want to see it. XD Different strokes for different folks.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous

Return to General Entertainment