Non-voice actors you'd like to hear in an anime

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Non-voice actors you'd like to hear in an anime

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 07, 2011 12:17 pm

I just thought this would be interesting. What actors do you think would be awesome in an anime or two? Disney seems to always manage to get well-known actors in their dubs, for instance.
Here's who I'd like:
Tom Baker
David Tennant
Jonathan Frakes
Marina Sirtis
Daniel Anthony (Clyde Langer on Sarah Jane Adventures)
Jack Nicholson
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wallachia » Sat May 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Jim Carrey in a harem anime.

Wallachia

Postby Yamamaya » Sat May 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Mr T. and Samuel L. Jackson as every single character in Sora no Otoshimono and Death Note.

Jim Carrey and Robin Williams playing every character in Evangelion.
Yamamaya

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Wallachia (post: 1477330) wrote:Jim Carrey in a harem anime.

xDDDD

Patrick Stewart would be amazing in a dub or two. Love his voice!

....Hrm. Most of the anime I watch have high-school age characters, and honestly, I don't know that many high-school age actors at this point. I can honestly say that if Lee Thompson Young were still a teen, I would loved to hear him in one or two.

Christy Carleson Romano would probably also be awesome in a few roles.
Atria35

Postby Yamamaya » Sat May 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Morgan Freeman.

He could be any character, ANY CHARACTER.

Read this in a Morgan Freeman voice. "Stupid (insert anime male name here), I only tolerate you, it's not like I like you or anything."
Yamamaya

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat May 07, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm in to anime to get away from those people. ▬_▬

Though James Earl Jones would be fun to hear in an anime.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Edward » Sat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Arnold Schwarzenegger as every character in Dragon Ball Z.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Atria35 (post: 1477333) wrote:Christy Carleson Romano would probably also be awesome in a few roles.

I agree. I want them to remake the Fruits Basket anime to follow the manga someday, since the manga story is so much deeper and stronger. I want them to keep all the original voice actors, because their voices were awesome, but there were a lot of characters in the manga that never appeared in the anime. I think she'd be a good voice actress for Rin.

Actually, you're talking about the person who played Ren on Even Stevens, right? I think she did do voice acting for at least one show... Wasn't she the voice of Kim Possible?

And, the thought of Jim Carrey in a harem anime is... pretty funny, but I think it'd be very fitting too. XD
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:04 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1477346) wrote:Actually, you're talking about the person who played Ren on Even Stevens, right? I think she did do voice acting for at least one show... Wasn't she the voice of Kim Possible?

Yep! And since she has some experience, she probably would be great as Rin in a dub of FB. She has the personality pretty close- at least, half of it! xD
Atria35

Postby aliveinHim » Sat May 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Frank Welker ftw.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 08, 2011 5:26 am

he's in a Miyazaki movie. He played a minor role in Porco Rosso.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby USSRGirl » Sun May 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Christy Carleson Romano played Yuffie in Advent Children actually. XD
USSRGirl

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun May 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Wolf-man » Sun May 08, 2011 3:48 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1477396) wrote:Frank Welker ftw.

He's also in Transformers as Megatron (and a slew of others) and that is kind of anime.
Wolf-man

Postby Rewin » Mon May 09, 2011 11:13 am

Edward (post: 1477344) wrote:Arnold Schwarzenegger as every character in Dragon Ball Z.

My cousin had a joke about that, he'd do impressions of different actors as va for dbz characters. Schwarzenegger as Goku, Sylvester Stallone as Vegeta, Samuel L Jackson as Piccollo... he had more, but I can't remember them all now.
As for the main topic... I have no idea.
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby TWWK » Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1477615) wrote:Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter.

They did Blood: The Last Vampire, don't you remember? Ghost in the Shell, too, I think. :P
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 09, 2011 11:36 am

I was hoping someone would get that reference.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 am

Atria35 (post: 1477333) wrote:Patrick Stewart would be amazing in a dub or two. Love his voice!

He's in Disney-dub of Miyazaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, where he plays Lord Yupa.

Edit: He's also in the Steamboy English dub, but that dub is generally badly edited down from the Japanese language version.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Xeno » Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1477332) wrote:Jim Carrey and Robin Williams playing every character in Evangelion.

You truly are a man after my own heart.

Anyway, it'd be pretty awesome to have Nathan Fillion and Adam (not Alec) Baldwin redo Cowboy Bebop.
Xeno

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 pm

It'd be pretty awesome to have Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin do just about anything.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby LadyRushia » Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Moved to General Entertainment.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Riggidig » Mon May 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Adam Sandler and his regular band of misfits should be used for some type of romantic comedy anime I think.

Yamamaya (post: 1477334) wrote:Morgan Freeman.

He could be any character, ANY CHARACTER.

Read this in a Morgan Freeman voice. "Stupid (insert anime male name here), I only tolerate you, it's not like I like you or anything."

I could actually imagine him as Shinji's dad in Evangelion. Scary stuff...
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby rocklobster » Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Xeno (post: 1477836) wrote:You truly are a man after my own heart.

Anyway, it'd be pretty awesome to have Nathan Fillion and Adam (not Alec) Baldwin redo Cowboy Bebop.

How about...Keanu Reeves? He's slated to play Spike in that rumored live-action version.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Riggidig (post: 1477875) wrote:Adam Sandler and his regular band of misfits should be used for some type of romantic comedy anime I think.

Adam Sandler is pretty funny, but I like watching him. His voice makes me want to spork my eardrums >.>"
Atria35

Postby Yamamaya » Mon May 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Xeno (post: 1477836) wrote:You truly are a man after my own heart.

*brofist*

Riggidig (post: 1477875) wrote:
I could actually imagine him as Shinji's dad in Evangelion. Scary stuff...

That's a role for Robin Williams. He made some recordings doing the voice of Gendo way back in the 90s. They were never released. Robin Williams is actually a fan of Evangelion in the first place.
Atria35 (post: 1477939) wrote:Adam Sandler is pretty funny, but I like watching him. His voice makes me want to spork my eardrums >.>"

I find his movies very mediocre however. He's kind of like Will Ferral in that way.
Yamamaya

Postby Nate » Mon May 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Atria35 wrote:Adam Sandler is pretty funny, but I like watching him. His voice makes me want to spork my eardrums >.>"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOCSpGwea8#t=3m42s

It's actually Jimmy Fallon impersonating Adam Sandler, but it's spot-on.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:38 pm

I would pay to hear David Bowie in ANYTHING.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri May 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Hmm, I'm trying to think of actors who have good voices, because it's just not enough for an actor to be able to act on camera. They have to have an expressive, listenable voice.

I'm not going to say James Earl Jones, because he kind of was a voice actor for Darth Vader <_< What an awesome voice, but it's impossible for me to hear him without thinking of that breathing sound.

The first actor that popped into my head was actually Morena Baccarin, because her voice is beautiful. You read all these descriptions of people whose voices are like a burbling brook or whatever, but I thought such voices didn't exist...until I heard her.

Kind of along the same lines, I would have said Cate Blanchett, but she was in Ponyo :3

Hmm...maybe Christian Bale? Oh wait, he was in Howl's Moving Castle.

OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!! Christopher Lee :grin: He would be soooooo awesome in an anime. The first character that pops into my head that he could do would be that old guy who's trying to control Fate or whatever in Vision of Escaflowne. Lol. But he'd be great as any kind of deep-voiced, eloquent sort of person.

Emma Thompson would be total awesomesauce in anime :3 She's so versatile, and has such a lovely British voice! She would actually make a really cool Hawkeye from FMA, come to think of it.

...That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there are more.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to General Entertainment