[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
My thoughts on Tron Legacy - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

My thoughts on Tron Legacy

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

My thoughts on Tron Legacy

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:47 am

Let me give you the short version first: Do you like Tron? Then you'll LOVE Tron Legacy.
Here's why:
1. Daft Punk score. That is all. They even turn up in a club scene as...what else? DJ's! (I spotted them!)
2. They play a Journey song just to please those of us who remember they scored the original.
3. Awesome special effects, which are even better than the original.
4. They remember that the villains from the original are dead, so they're not back. Although Dillinger's son is there, he's not evil...I think. (he may become evil if there are sequels though)
All in all, this was one of the best sequels I've ever seen. If you haven't seen it, rent it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:22 am

I thought the philosophy in it was stupid, but overall it was pretty cool. I even bought the sound track.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am

rocklobster wrote:4. They remember that the villains from the original are dead, so they're not back. Although Dillinger's son is there, he's not evil...I think. (he may become evil if there are sequels though)

A sequel is in the works and it is about a 95% chance Dillinger's son will be the bad guy in it.
Roy Mustang

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I liked it but it could have been better IMO... Watching it in theatres I was quite disappointed cause I thought there were so many more interesting ways it could have gone. When I saw it the second time, I already knew what to expect and my mind wasn't imagining how awesome it could be only to be disappointed... and I liked it A LOT better.

And yeah, I liked it better than the original too. I was never a fan of the original much, liked the concept but that was it. The new one was better but still they still seem to waste an opportunity to make something amazing.

Looking forward to the Cartoon series... Tron Uprising or something like that?
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:34 am

The only thing that worries me about how much you love it is that two of the rasons are music-related. THat's not a whole lot to commend a movie on.

But my brother liked the first movie, so I'm trying to get him to see the sequel anyway.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 01, 2011 5:51 am

It is when so much of the movie's production is the music, Atria. I believe music is a very important part of a movie production because if executed well, it truly helps set the mood. This was a very nice techno score, and it made it feel like its own world.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby raider~joseph » Sun May 01, 2011 7:43 am

The fact that disney is making the cartoon scares me.I lost trust in disney right about when high school musical came out and even though they have made some good disneylike movies I really just don't trust disney.If they don't mess up the cartoon I may forgive them.

Tron was epic.The sequel was epic.That dog was epic.The fact tron is alive.EPIC.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:40 pm

rocklobster (post: 1475785) wrote:It is when so much of the movie's production is the music, Atria. I believe music is a very important part of a movie production because if executed well, it truly helps set the mood. This was a very nice techno score, and it made it feel like its own world.

But it's not as important as, say, the characters or story. I mean, TRON isn't a story about a musician, or a conductor, or a band, or a movie where music would be integral to.... everything. So to have it come in such a high priority when the movie isn't about music isn't a good sign.
Atria35

Postby TWWK » Mon May 02, 2011 6:41 am

After watching the first third of the movie, I thought I was really seeing something extraordinary. The rest of the movie was just okay for me, but overall I still really enjoyed it.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Scarecrow » Mon May 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Atria35 (post: 1475886) wrote:But it's not as important as, say, the characters or story. I mean, TRON isn't a story about a musician, or a conductor, or a band, or a movie where music would be integral to.... everything. So to have it come in such a high priority when the movie isn't about music isn't a good sign.

I think it is and I don't think directors today give enough attention to the music today for the most part. Music can make or break a movie. Look at Titanic... the main thing that movie had going for it was the score. Half of those scenes would have been so much less if the score wasn't as powerful (and I'm not a fan of Titanic but I think the score is excellent. The music made that movie). I've seen other movies with a totally inappropriate score and the scene was supposed to be something powerful and we get junk. It creates the mood and feel you're supposed to be feeling because there are some emotions and such that you can't get across well with just words. Music is a HUGE part. Look at anime... they seem to have a better handle on this than most US shows. I mean, I'm watching Fate Stay/Night right now. A pretty average anime but the score really makes it stand out against others. I really like it but if the score was done differently, it would have felt so average I probably wouldn't bother watching it again.

Story is highly overrated when it comes to film which is a collection of story, music, visuals etc. Every piece plays a MAJOR role. Sure you need a good story but everything else needs to be there too. You can get away with an average story though if music or visuals are way above average. As with the case with Tron Legacy. Or even another one of my favorites Moulin Rouge... average story but the visuals, stylization and music really put that far a head of a lot of other overrated films IMO. Or Sunshine... I mean, the music and visuals propel that movie and forgives the film when it falls apart at the end.

If we were talking about a book then yes, I'd agree with you. :D The story is all that counts. When it comes to comic books, I personally need outstanding art to even consider reading it. I mean, everyone praises Batman's The Long Halloween... but the art in that book is absolute crap. If I just wanted a good story, I'd read a book, don't give me crappy pictures. The book could have been epic though with Jim Lee or someone doing it.

My point is, unless it's a book, stories are generally overrated in other media as not enough emphasis is placed on other areas that make these what they are (whether it's film or a comic book or whatever).
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue May 03, 2011 1:33 pm

raider~joseph (post: 1475788) wrote:The fact that disney is making the cartoon scares me.I lost trust in disney right about when high school musical came out and even though they have made some good disneylike movies I really just don't trust disney.If they don't mess up the cartoon I may forgive them.

Tron was epic.The sequel was epic.That dog was epic.The fact tron is alive.EPIC.

[spoiler]I thought Tron got totally chumped in this movie. Maybe I need to watch the original? I dunno. I felt like they should have called it "FLYNN."[/spoiler]
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Yamamaya » Tue May 03, 2011 1:38 pm

I thought Tron Legacy was a pretty good movie. I definitely liked the character Quorra. She was a strong, smart, and hot person. I'm glad she wasn't turned into just another dumb romantic interest. It was surprisingly subtle for a Disney film.
Yamamaya

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 04, 2011 4:33 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1476392) wrote:[spoiler]I thought Tron got totally chumped in this movie. Maybe I need to watch the original? I dunno. I felt like they should have called it "FLYNN."[/spoiler]

[spoiler]For the record, Tron wasn't the central character in the original either.[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mkalv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:38 am

I didn't like the original Tron, but I really enjoyed Legacy alot. The soundtrack is awesome. I may have to buy it.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 am

rocklobster (post: 1476514) wrote:[spoiler]For the record, Tron wasn't the central character in the original either.[/spoiler]

Ahh, ok. I'll haveta watch the original then.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed May 04, 2011 4:44 pm

[spoiler]For the record, Tron wasn't the central character in the original either.

---
Me: Yeah, but it seems he played a more significant role in the original.

Also, TRON refers to the game with the light cycles (as seen in the arcade), behind which happened to have been in the "grid". So maybe that's where the name is coming from.
[/spoiler]
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Return to General Entertainment