Book of Eli

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Book of Eli

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:14 am

It's an old film, we only watched this last night when we rented the DVD.

Has anyone seen this, and if so, what did you think?

We were not sure of what to expect - I simply rented it because my former boss at work said "I think it's about the Bible, I liked it."

I thought the plot was kinda interesting, and did enjoy the film, but felt the violence at the beginning was a bit too much...
Sammy Boy

Postby AtmosBreak » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:53 am

I quite enjoyed when I watched it. We rented it recently cause my uncle and cousin hadn't seen it and they also enjoyed it. There is quite a bit of violence but really compared to other movies its not so bad, there wasn't all that all much blood compared to how muh action there was.

[spoiler]The whole thing bit about Eli actually being blind the whole time makes it a little eh for me [/spoiler] but I did enjoy it, as did my family though it was a little too strong for my mum though me and my dad are action movie fans so yeah.
[INDENT]
"'You are the light of this world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Light Club"
[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:58 am

I thought it was good and the violence didn't bother me that much. I'd expect that in a world without knowledge of God.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby J.D3 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 am

Is this the one with Denzel Washington in it?
I saw the trailer & wasn't initially grabbed by it much (thought it'd be just another movie using pseudo-Christian elements/terms for cheap thrills, etc.)
J.D3

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:05 am

Atmos you probably should spoiler tag. I think the twist kinda discredited alot that happened and i felt it was really kinda slow
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby TWWK » Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 am

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The Christian aspect to the movie was terrific and I think done in a non-hokey manner. Really good film - but as very, very violent.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Return to General Entertainment