Justice League animation series

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Justice League animation series

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 am

So ... has anyone watched this or is watching this?

If so, what are your thoughts?

I just spent (a fair bit) of money and bought the DVDs.

But, I really enjoy superhero stories and am enjoying this series.
Sammy Boy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 am

I enjoy the original series, and i have only seen a few later season episodes of the second series and it was pretty bad. Its apparently really good early seasons though. But as for the original show i did enjoy it quite a bit
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:39 am

Woah, trip down memory lane! XD I used to watch this when I was five or six, but I haven't seen it since then, so I really don't remember it much. I liked it back then, and I still think it's an interesting idea to bring all these superheroes together, but I doubt I'd like it much nowadays. I remember being really impressed with this one episode where Batman takes off his mask :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm

I used to watch this back when Crappy Network was worth watching. It actually made me like John Stewart, who I was kinda bleh about.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 pm

I loved this series a lot. My favorite character was definitely Hawk Girl and I loved her toward the end of the first series. I even found the Star Crossed Movie where it is revealed that she's not as she seemed. XD

And then in JLU She comes back as Shayera Hall (her real name, of course) and she's just COOL.

And Yah, I really liked the comedy in this show. The Flash was also another favorite character. ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 pm

I watch both Justice League and JLU and both were good. There was a few eps that were not good but people that down play season two of JL, miss out a few good eps.

A Better World

[spoiler]Following the death of the Flash, the Justice Lords launch an assault on the White House, where Superman kills President Lex Luthor. Two years later, the Lords now rule over the planet with an iron fist.[/spoiler]

The Terror Beyond

[spoiler]Doctor Fate and Aquaman rescue Solomon Grundy, intent on using him to help battle an ancient evil. The pairing of these heroes is an homage to the Marvel Comics superhero team The Defenders. Hawkgirl's atheism is shaken by Grundy's sacrifice to recover his soul, and to a lesser extent by the reliance of Wonder Woman and Aquaman on their deities when in need. [/spoiler]

The best ep out of JLU was "Epilogue", which has been rated one of the best ep to ever air in the JL series.

[spoiler]In the future of Batman Beyond, Amanda Waller reveals to an older Terry McGinnis she created the project Batman Beyond to continue Bruce Wayne's work. The episode is not only the Justice League season finale, but, as a cross over, containing a lot of information that applies to after the end of Batman Beyond. The episode contains many references to prior episodes of Justice League in that some of the episode showed the current team and Walller who had been a big part of previous episodes.[/spoiler]
Roy Mustang

Postby Sheol777 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Both series are fantastic and have some of the best writing in american cartooning.

I love the episodes with Amazo, for the action and the philosophy.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Sammy Boy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:12 am

I'd have to say that my favourite episode so far is Hereafter.

Only finished the first two seasons, and just started JLU season 1. Still lovin' it.
Sammy Boy

Postby Riggidig » Fri May 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Justice League ROCKED, but, they never aired Justice League Unlimited here in South Africa........... :( :( :( :( :(
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu May 19, 2011 4:32 am

I don't think they aired any JL or JLU episodes in Australia (not that I know of anyway, I could be wrong though). So I ended up buying the whole series online.
Sammy Boy

Postby Riggidig » Thu May 19, 2011 4:54 am

Sammy Boy (post: 1479966) wrote:I don't think they aired any JL or JLU episodes in Australia (not that I know of anyway, I could be wrong though). So I ended up buying the whole series online.

Man, first JL/JLU and now Mortal Kombat. Sounds like Australia keeps getting the short end of the stick :sweat:
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Return to General Entertainment