Tangled

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Tangled

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm

I know it might be a bit late for a thread on this. but i did a search on the forums and realized that no one had made a thread on this movie. So i figured better late than never.

I really enjoyed Tangled. It was really sweet and awesome... and i laughed my guts out during parts and almost cried at others (i know REAL manly XD; ).

Have you guys seen this movie? What did you think of it? Opinions? thoughts? Favorite moments? (etc...)
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby goldenspines » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 pm

8)

I was impressed with Tangled. It gave me hope in Disney again. I know a lot of people didn't like the songs, but I found them catchy and not overly cheesy.
The plot also carried a bit of that fairy tail magic.

I had a lot of favorite moments in the movie, but one that I loved the most was the part in the town when everyone was dancing. :D
goldenspines

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I thought it was pretty awsome. The only miff I had with it was the bit on being rebellious was good. And she was way cuter with long hair. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Maledicte » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:44 pm

I thought it was cute. Favorite scene: town festival with the medieval soundtrack. The two leads were fun. I didn't find Mother Goethel compelling enough as a villain, though.
Maledicte

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:17 am

My favorite scene? Every one that Flynn was in...X3 (he's my new fave Disney male lead)

Seriously though it would have to be the climax at the end, that was a really powerful scene for me. I remember tensing up because I Was scared for both characters.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby TWWK » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:17 am

Tangled totally surpassed my expectations, even though I'd heard it was good. Good songs, amazing animation, really likeable leads, and that Disney magic that has otherwise been lacking so much in recent years. We bought it on Blu-ray after renting it a week or two ago.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Nami » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 am

This movie is one of my favorites. I bought it the second it was released. I thought I would hate it, now what's hilarious is after watching the Princess and the Frog in Theaters, I said; "now they need to make Rapunzel." and a few months later... A TRAILER! I was so floored. I laughed so hard. But I didn't think it would be good. But, I loved it. Especially since Rapunzel is my favorite fairy tale. They did a good job.

@Rusty: Rebellion isn't good, however, Flynn is rebellious. And he's actually right, if you don't get out there, you will never know. So, I'm glad Rapunzel rebelled. Because, a tiny bit of rebellion like she did, is good. Otherwise, she wouldn't have known she was the lost Princess~ :D
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:03 am

I really liked Tangled. I was afraid it was going to let me down like The Princess and the Frog. I'm glad I was wrong.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GeneD » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 am

I was thoroughly impressed with the instrumental town festival sequence. I was expecting to cringe when everyone breaks into song and was very pleasantly surprised when they didn't. I think the music numbers in general were handled well and there was a variety not seen before in Disney movies.

I think my favourite part is the montage with Rapunzel's alternate reactions when she first leaves the castle. XD
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Beau Soir » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 pm

I love Tangled! Along with How to Train Your Dragon, it's one of my favorite movies (I prefer 3D animation to live action...) It was incredibly fun, exciting, beautiful, and well done. I also feel like I can very much relate to Rapunzel in some instances... I can't wait to get the DVD sometime soon, I hope. ^__^

For me, the most magical moment was the town dancing scene, followed by the near-ending where
[spoiler]Eugene tells Rapunzel that she was his new dream.[/spoiler]

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby ich1990 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:41 pm

I liked it a bunch. Nothing bad to say about it really. Between this and Megamind and How to Train Your Dragon and Up, I would say we have hit quite the glut of really good animated films lately.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby steenajack » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:30 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

This movie is one of my faves! I could relate to Rapunzel a bit in certain ways. I wouldn't call her standing up to her mother "rebellion", more like "breaking away". You see, like it or not, we all have to break away from our parents emotionally. It's part of growing up, and her mother keeping her locked up in that tower is in no way healthy for her growth. She needed to get out of there and follow her dream. It was part of her growing up, not neccesarily rebellion in my opinion. She was becoming her own person, and breaking free from her overly protective/borderline abusive mother Gothel.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I really enjoyed the whole movie so much. Everything about it made me happy, and I cried during and after the movie.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Beau Soir (post: 1470940) wrote: For me, the most magical moment was the town dancing scene, followed by the near-ending where

I know! I wont lie, I cried at that part. Partly because:

[spoiler]He said is while he was dying. His final words were that she was his new dream for life... and even in death she was his dream. and he was willing to give it all so that she could live her life... that's kinda why I got teared up at that part.[/spoiler]

you can make fun of me all you want for tearing up in a disney movie, but I have no regrets! XDDD

My favorite song was "I see the light"

[spoiler]Especially because it's the moment Flynn realized his true feelings for Rapunzel. And plus (call me a hopeless romantic and a dope for liking this) it was SOOO freaking cute when they were singing to eachother. And then with the harmonies at the end... my gosh that song is pretty. =P[/spoiler]
TGJesusfreak

Postby Nami » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 am

TG!!! :D I'm so with you, I get teared up when I watch that ending scene.

<3 So great!

Also, I'm with you on that "I see the light." that Song makes me cry every time! :3 >> I've cried a lot these days...weeeeeeeeeird!

But I love that movie and I must say; Maximus RULEZ!

BTW TG, nice avi. ROFL!

"You broke my smolder."
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 pm

[quote="Nami (post: 1471308)"]But I love that movie and I must say]

Thanks. lol I couldnt resist making him my new avy XD.

And Maximus is the best horse EVER XD.
TGJesusfreak

Postby Winry » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:23 pm

I loved this movie too! I was really hesitant about seeing this movie because all the commericials made it seem like her hair kind of moved on its own (am I the only one who thought this?) Anyways glad I saw it because it was awesome Disney movie. "I see the light" is a great song =)

I like your avi too, TG! =D

I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder...
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Lynna » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Winry (post: 1472753) wrote:I loved this movie too! I was really hesitant about seeing this movie because all the commericials made it seem like her hair kind of moved on its own (am I the only one who thought this?) Anyways glad I saw it because it was awesome Disney movie. "I see the light" is a great song =)

I like your avi too, TG! =D

I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder...

Yeah, I thought her hair moved on it's own too...
I LOVED THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!!!
everything was perfect, the music, the emotions. And the characters' facial expressions just says so much! Rapunzel has now de-throned poor Mulan as my favorite Disney PrincessXD
like almost everyone else, I also loved the market dancing scene, and so many others. When she left her tower, it was really sweet ^_^ In some ways, her being stuck in a tower totally beats Arial being stuck underwater and Jasmine being stuck in her palace in saddness...
Another thing, the origional Fairy tale explains so little, but Tangled explains everything! It's so cool...I just can't put it's awesomeness into words...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Winry wrote:(am I the only one who thought this?)

I didnt think that, but you still my not be the only one. =P
Winry wrote:I like your avi too, TG! =D

Thanks! XD

*faceplants in chair* *mumbles* "You broke my smolder!"
TGJesusfreak

Postby Mouse2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1470824) wrote:The only miff I had with it was the bit on being rebellious was good.

I think the rebellion-against-the-parents thing can get annoying because it's found in so many Disney movies (like Little Mermaid). To me, the theme of rejecting parental control seemed appropriate for Tangled, because Rapunzel was 18, and still being treated like a child. I guess what I'm saying is that she had a right to strike out on her own, unlike many of the rebellious teens in movies. She was supposed to be becoming an adult, part of which means taking responsibility for your own life. She did need to learn to be rebellious, in that sense.
Mouse2010

Postby TGJesusfreak » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Mouse2010 (post: 1473818) wrote:I think the rebellion-against-the-parents thing can get annoying because it's found in so many Disney movies (like Little Mermaid). To me, the theme of rejecting parental control seemed appropriate for Tangled, because Rapunzel was 18, and still being treated like a child. I guess what I'm saying is that she had a right to strike out on her own, unlike many of the rebellious teens in movies. She was supposed to be becoming an adult, part of which means taking responsibility for your own life. She did need to learn to be rebellious, in that sense.

Thats how i see it. She was 18. So technically she had every right to do as she wished. She wanted to be her own person. Which i thought was cool =P. Her 'rebellion' wasnt at all bad in this particular context.
TGJesusfreak

Postby TheMewster » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:50 pm

I thought Rapunzel was 16 and God didn't say obey your mother and father until you're 18, HE said OBEY YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER. So rebellion=no-no.
I watched Tangled at school and loved it. Rapunzel was so cute and doesn't look too hyper-sexualized. Plus it was a really good and touching movie. God bless!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:13 pm

So she should have just did everything mommy said even though her mother was only using her to stay young, wasn't even her real mother and was going to keep her locked in that tower for the rest of her life? I really don't think God would have disapproved over her taking her life into her own hands. Would you have sat there in that tower forever? Honestly. Besides, it's just a movie. Would have been really boring if she did everything her mom said.

Meanwhile, I went to see the movie with my mother when it first came out and I loved it. I honestly thought it was going to be stupid, but it ended up surprising me. Loved the horse and all of the songs where great. :D
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby mizzcriss » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I thought it was a really cute, good movie, especially compared to all of the other recent Disney movies. Catchy songs, likable characters and some really funny moments for all ages. The only part I didn't find realistic was how she flipped on her mother when she found out that she was the princess. And how she didn't really seem that affected when her mother FELL OUT THE WINDOW! She was still only focused on the guy... But other than those parts, I loved it.
mizzcriss

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:56 pm

TheMewster (post: 1474419) wrote:I thought Rapunzel was 16 and God didn't say obey your mother and father until you're 18, HE said OBEY YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER. So rebellion=no-no.
I watched Tangled at school and loved it. Rapunzel was so cute and doesn't look too hyper-sexualized. Plus it was a really good and touching movie. God bless!

Well, the bible says CHILDREN obey your parents. She wasnt a child anymore. That's my point, XD. I dont think she was being rebellious in that sense. She wanted to be her own person... which I dont think is such a bad thing...

AND AMEN to the not being hypersexualized. It was clean... which i loved lol
TGJesusfreak

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:03 pm

If we're going to have a debate about commandments and the ages for things in the bible, may I suggest a separate thread in the theology discussion forum before we get too far afield?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:23 pm

I also thought I'd add that Rapunzel was kidnapped and therefore Mother Gothel was NOT her real mom. :) She's an evil woman who has nothing but harmful intentions for Rapunzel.

Just my two cents here ^_^.
And as Mech said, let's keep on topic everyone!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:15 pm

I saw it for my birthday a few days ago. It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. :) I was impressed. It definitely holds the same feel-good atmosphere that the Disney classics have, without forgetting that kids who grew up with the Disney classics are now adults watching them for the sake of nostalgia. I felt like it was well-suited to please children and adults alike. ^_^
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Lynna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:29 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1474445) wrote:I also thought I'd add that Rapunzel was kidnapped and therefore Mother Gothel was NOT her real mom. :) She's an evil woman who has nothing but harmful intentions for Rapunzel.

Just my two cents here ^_^.
And as Mech said, let's keep on topic everyone!

I agree perfectly!!

Besides which, might I add that Rapunzel actually felt SORRY for disobeying Mother Gothel, even though she should have realized that keeping someone stuck in a tower is utter cruelty. This is quite different compared to other Disney princesses (Ariel, Jasmine) Who didn't have half as much reason to be rebelious, and didn't feel on bit sorry for their actions.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby c.t.,girl » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm

rofl you've now made me want to watch this movie again...BUT SADLY I DON'T OWN IT. :C

also because you've all reminded me of my love for Maximus...MY ICON WILL NOW BE CHANGED! XD
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Regina Ignom. » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:40 pm

It. Was. GORGEOUS!!!

Maledicte (post: 1470833) wrote: Favorite scene: town festival with the medieval soundtrack.

This.

I absoloutely loved it. Everything about it was perfect. I think it is one of my new favourite disney movies.

I think we should begin a petition/campaign to give every soldier in the U.S. and Canadian Armies a cast iron frying pan. Who's with me? :thumb:
:rant:

The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.
- Jim Hightower

Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness.
- Mark Twain

First, God created idiots. That was just for practice. Then He created school boards.
- Mark Twain

I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too.
-Elizabeth I
Regina Ignom.

Next

Return to General Entertainment