My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

Postby Twister980 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Bio_Plus wrote:@Twister: So there's 2 ponies that almost look like your oc, but I can't remember if he had a short or long tail.
ImageImage
His mane was a mix of the two, but his tail was longer than that mailpony's tail.
Twister980

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Finally got to watch the episode, and it was really REALLY good, the best of the season IMHO. Although like Bio said, I really enjoyed the Rainbow Dash character development (they are trying REALLY hard to make me like her), but there are other characters who need more significant development.
Zeldafan2

Postby Bio_Plus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Let's hope Applejack's episode next is as good as this one.
Bio_Plus

Postby Twister980 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 am

Bio_Plus wrote:Let's hope Applejack's episode next is as good as this one.

I just wish we'd get more Derpy. T_T
Twister980

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Yah I have noticed the significant decrease in Derpy... I wonder if they are scared to show her now? I miss that crazy filly!

This was a really great episode,and I'm so glad I watched Top Gun a couple months ago. I saw a lot of similarities, hehe. I love this show so much. X3
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Saw this on youtube not long ago. It's Applebloom's VA singing Christmastime is Here: click here
rocklobster

Postby Twister980 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:Yah I have noticed the significant decrease in Derpy... I wonder if they are scared to show her now? I miss that crazy filly!

This was a really great episode,and I'm so glad I watched Top Gun a couple months ago. I saw a lot of similarities, hehe. I love this show so much. X3

Their problem is, they don't want to offend anyone. Derpy was never supposed to be "Special", it's the mothers who were reading too much into it.

There's actually a post from Reddit floating around where supposedly one of the writers/producers is talking about season 3, with stuff like Alicorn Twilight, and completely removing Derpy.
Twister980

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am

Twister980 wrote:
ChristianKitsune wrote:Yah I have noticed the significant decrease in Derpy... I wonder if they are scared to show her now? I miss that crazy filly!

Their problem is, they don't want to offend anyone. Derpy was never supposed to be "Special", it's the mothers who were reading too much into it.

And the voice actor who voiced her that way...

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Twister980 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 pm

mechana2015 wrote:
Twister980 wrote:

And the voice actor who voiced her that way...

The thing is, yes, her voice was deep, and it fit her. And I don't think anyone had a problem with it until they looked up the term Derp on urban dictionary.

One other thing, Hasbro would be really stupid to get rid of Derpy at this point. She's their cash cow right now. T-shirts, toys, comic books, etc. They would lose more money if they got rid of her.
Twister980

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 am

Twister980 wrote:

There's actually a post from Reddit floating around where supposedly one of the writers/producers is talking about season 3, with stuff like Alicorn Twilight, and completely removing Derpy.

Well...there's a promo for alicorn twilight...
Which doesn't bother me as much as no more derpy.. :(
ChristianKitsune

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 am

Twister980 wrote:The thing is, yes, her voice was deep, and it fit her. And I don't think anyone had a problem with it until they looked up the term Derp on urban dictionary.

One other thing, Hasbro would be really stupid to get rid of Derpy at this point. She's their cash cow right now. T-shirts, toys, comic books, etc. They would lose more money if they got rid of her.

It was one thing to make her voice deep, it's entirely another to give her the 'George' voice from looney tunes, which is essentially how it sounded to the people that complained, which has essentially been shorthand for a 'slow' character for years.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am

Wow...... An allicorn Twilight? This both excites me, and scares me to death at the same time. Regarding Derpy, I have no strong love for her, but it would be sad if she disappeared forever.
Zeldafan2

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:32 am

I have a feeling the Alicorn thing will be a temporary if it happens.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 pm

I think that Tabitha St. Germain (the gal who voiced the original Derpy) has stated she thought the character was a boy, which is why she chose to voice her that way...

Anyway, regardless... I think Hasbro is panicking...I mean it was a year ago...
ChristianKitsune

Postby rocklobster » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:37 pm

I think the alicorn Twilight will probably be a dream sequence. We'll see.
rocklobster

Postby Twister980 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:53 am

ChristianKitsune wrote:I think that Tabitha St. Germain (the gal who voiced the original Derpy) has stated she thought the character was a boy, which is why she chose to voice her that way...

Anyway, regardless... I think Hasbro is panicking...I mean it was a year ago...

Twister980

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 am

The response to that post was... less than good from the people she was trying to respond to. They pretty much thought she was making an excuse, and trying to cover up that she'd done the 'duhh gee George' voice on a pony at all. It's not the deep voice it's that she sounds to people like the voice used here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JlVqfC8-UI, a commonly used voice in looney tunes to denote a mentally undeveloped character who is clumsy because of their disability, and a supposed 'humorous take' on Lenny from mice and men as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... NSM#t=138s.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Bio_Plus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:23 pm

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: *
Perfect! The episode was perfect! Just everything. And Applejack enjoyed character development in an atmosphere befitting of her. Applejack fans can be proud and go all out boasting with this episode. She had the best development of the season. Although I'm happy with the Scootaloo episode, if Scootaloo had an episode like this you'd never hear the end of it. And Trixie fans deserved an episode like this rather than the no development they got.
Best episode of the season and third favorite. I want to say second best, because I prefer Wonderbolts Academy, but I can't. They just hit more marks with this one than the other.
We find out that the pony playing on Luna Eclipsed wasn't Octavia after all. We even got some Big Mac development and more from Babs Seed. And yeah, what can I say. I'd mentioning the whole episode if I started picking out great scenes. Everything just wove together so beautifully. And Babs gave me my favorite quote for the season. "It's like a mile away, or something!"
Bio_Plus

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Bio_Plus wrote: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: *
Perfect! The episode was perfect! Just everything. And Applejack enjoyed character development in an atmosphere befitting of her. Applejack fans can be proud and go all out boasting with this episode. She had the best development of the season. Although I'm happy with the Scootaloo episode, if Scootaloo had an episode like this you'd never hear the end of it. And Trixie fans deserved an episode like this rather than the no development they got.
Best episode of the season and third favorite. I want to say second best, because I prefer Wonderbolts Academy, but I can't. They just hit more marks with this one than the other.
We find out that the pony playing on Luna Eclipsed wasn't Octavia after all. We even got some Big Mac development and more from Babs Seed. And yeah, what can I say. I'd mentioning the whole episode if I started picking out great scenes. Everything just wove together so beautifully. And Babs gave me my favorite quote for the season. "It's like a mile away, or something!"

Applejack fans like me. :D

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Although slightly boring (nothing exciting, or particulairy original happened here), Applejack's character development, Babs Seed's return, and the whole theme was executed well with very few flaws. I was fine with none of the other mane six making significant appearances in this episode (in fact, I'm very welcome to this type of episode from time to time.)

And

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Next week, we have a Spike episode again having Applejack as a main character next week. I'm a little meh on the plot summary currently released, but it could prove to be interesting.
Zeldafan2

Postby Bio_Plus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:54 am

Looks like after the latest episode and the staff of the show confirming that the two stars at the end of the episode is a nod towards Applejack's parents. It's strongly leaning towards their parents having past away. It's a little sad and not what I had hoped for, but that seems to be the case.
Bio_Plus

Postby Zeldafan2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:58 am

Looks like after the latest episode and the staff of the show confirming that the two stars at the end of the episode is a nod towards Applejack's parents. It's strongly leaning towards their parents having past away. It's a little sad and not what I had hoped for, but that seems to be the case.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Because of the show's target demographic and rating, I'm honestly suprised that Applejack's parents are dead. You think they just wouldn't mention them. Then again, if they were going to say they died, but in a completley subtle way, so that kids wouldn't pick it up, but most teenagers/adults probably would.
Zeldafan2

Postby Bio_Plus » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Zeldafan2 wrote:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Because of the show's target demographic and rating, I'm honestly suprised that Applejack's parents are dead. You think they just wouldn't mention them. Then again, if they were going to say they died, but in a completley subtle way, so that kids wouldn't pick it up, but most teenagers/adults probably would.

I think that's why they used the falling stars as a subtle hint, combined with the fact that all the Apple family showed up at the reunion and their parents weren't there. Somebody asked Sibsy if it was true that the stars was a nod towards their parents and she answered with an "Eeyup!"
Bio_Plus

Postby Zeldafan2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Bio_Plus wrote:
Zeldafan2 wrote:

I think that's why they used the falling stars as a subtle hint, combined with the fact that all the Apple family showed up at the reunion and their parents weren't there. Somebody asked Sibsy if it was true that the stars was a nod towards their parents and she answered with an "Eeyup!"

Exactly what I was thinking. But, not to sound stupid, who exactly is Sibsy?
Zeldafan2

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Sibsey is one of the animators/storyboarders on MLF:FiM. That's her DA name.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Bio_Plus » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:05 am

Sibsy's ponysona Wildfire also appears in the show sometimes.
Large image link
Bio_Plus

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Just saw it My thoughts:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was glad to see that Babs Seed was back and nice. I'm glad they decided to show us what she's really like instead of leaving us with that image of her as a bully. It's good to see that they're trying to stop her from being a scrappy. All in all, this was a pretty average episode, I thought. 3/6
rocklobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Okay,

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Dave Polosky's episodes have never been that great (I was eh on Over a Barrel, and liked Too Many Pinkie Pies overall, but both had the problem of fitting the Mane Six in, with little to no characterization involved, mainly using them as plot devices), but regardless, I still enjoyed this episode. Spike felt less sarcastic, and more noble, and grateful for Applejack saving his life. (Gratefulness is a positive character trait he generally lacks.) Suprisingly dark for a my little pony episode as both Spike and Applejack are put in intimate danger of being eaten. The episode was humorous, but Spike felt oddly clumsy, as he knocked things over doing chores for Applejack while being a rather industrious worker when doing chores for Twilight.

Speaking of which, I was waiting for a dynamic where Twilight would have an emotional moment when Spike tried to tell her he was leaving forever. While she obviously was not paying attention (not a misuse of character, she does that a lot in the course of the series), I felt this could have been done as a powerful, more emotional moment that would show hidden depths in their friendship. Despite this lacking dynamic, however, I still enjoyed the episode.

And points for the timber wolves, who still looked very creepy, and may have been done partially in CGI (I'm honestly not sure.)
Zeldafan2

Postby Bio_Plus » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:13 am

I know I saw the main 6 and even Apple Bloom in this episode, but who was the little purple dragon with them? Because I know it couldn't have been Spike.

This will be an easy rant: There was nothing good about this episode!

I'll sum it up:

RD: Mine's about this awesome pegasus, who's the best flier ever and becomes captain of the Wonderbolts.
Rarity: However did you come up with that ingeniously woven intricate plot line?
She asked Dave Polsky and Merriwether Williams.
Bio_Plus

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:32 pm

I know I saw the main 6 and even Apple Bloom in this episode, but who was the little purple dragon with them? Because I know it couldn't have been Spike.

This will be an easy rant: There was nothing good about this episode!

I'll sum it up:

RD: Mine's about this awesome pegasus, who's the best flier ever and becomes captain of the Wonderbolts.
Rarity: However did you come up with that ingeniously woven intricate plot line?
She asked Dave Polsky and Merriwether Williams.

Okay, I'll admit, while I overall enjoyed this episode, I do agree Spike was very OOC. But what else did you see that was particulairy bad about this episode?

And, would you say in your opinon it was worse than Magic Duel, or better?
Zeldafan2

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 pm

My thoughts on "Spike At Your Service"
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: This was somewhat par for Polsky. Spike was way too OOC. He's shown in several episodes that he's very good at certain tasks. And I saw the ending coming as soon as the Timberwolves started rebuilding. Of course, just because it's predictable doesn't mean it was bad. Pinky Pie was pretty funny and I didn't really mind RD's line about writing a book. I think it's in continuity because she does read. So maybe all the Daring Do books are inspiring her to write. Really, what's the problem? Anyway, I rate this episode 2 and 1/2 cutie marks.
rocklobster

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment