My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic General

Postby Furen » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 pm

Favourites... Ummm
I don't know out of AJ, Pinky and Fluttershy, but those are my top three of the mane cast
I like discord of the villians

I like SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Twi (does this have to be in spoilers, I'm sure it must) as the princesses, but Cadence is a close second (don't really like Celestia, Luna's okay though)

And Sweetie Bell of the CMC (She's awesome, and always wants to do the right thing)

Edit: Ah, forgot about Dash, I like her too. I don't seem to have a most liked mane cast :(
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Koneko-chan » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 am

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie for sure.
(I'm not going in any order XD) Big Mac, Princess Luna, Queen Chrysalis (*Shrug* :3), Derpy, and Sweetie Bell! c:
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:54 am

My top four in any order:
Fluttershy: She can scare a basilisk into submission simply by scolding and death glare.
Luna: She's so pretty. I'm so glad Hasbro has listened to us and given her more screen time.
Applebloom: So cute! And the only CMC with any sense.
Vinyl Scratch: Come on, writers, make an episode focusing on her, please?
rocklobster

Postby Furen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:42 am

rocklobster wrote:My top four in any order:
Fluttershy: She can scare a basilisk into submission simply by scolding and death glare.
Luna: She's so pretty. I'm so glad Hasbro has listened to us and given her more screen time.
Applebloom: So cute! And the only CMC with any sense.
Vinyl Scratch: Come on, writers, make an episode focusing on her, please?

There is someone that death stare doesn't work on ;) I was glad it showed it's not a superhuman trait of hers, just an influential gesture.

As for Applebloom being the only CMC with any sense, Sweetie Belle shows more sense than her.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby raider~joseph » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

Season 4...
raider~joseph

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:59 pm

OK, I have a question? Why do you folks hate Hasbro so much? Aren't you biting the hand that feeds you? I've seen quite a lot of anti-Hasbro stuff on Youtube. And don't bring up Equestria Girls. According to Tara Strong, that was inspired by Fan Art, not cashing in on something.
rocklobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:51 am

...nobody's said a thing about Hasbro on this entire page... Or the page before, I went back and checked... so...
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Also Equestria Girls was pretty good. I'd say it's like 3 out of 4 stars. Or like a 7.5 out of 10 if you prefer ten point scales. I can't get that cafeteria song out of my head.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 pm

BUT WHY DO YOU HATE HASBRO SO MUCH?! :(

...why?
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Because they're capitalist and capitalism is evil.

Nate

Postby Broly Ultimatrix » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:44 pm

I don't think it's unnatural to hate something. It's part of being unique and human. Hasbro will do things we like and things we don't but that's because they are a business and that means it's goals are money with or without catering to a fanbase. If thye believe an action will earn them more money they are likley to go through with it even if a good portion ofthe viewer base would disagree with the choice. Things like Princess Twilight. I'm sure if you looked up the specs that episode did miracles to sell the toy but it didn't have the same effort put into it as the other episodes. Frankley, I'm blissfully ignorant of many things which would rob me of my enjoyment of mlp and other things I like which means I have an extremely optimistic bias opinion on anything mlp related. I thought the Equstria Girls was very well done and Also liked the Princess Twilight episodes. I only have a negative opinion on some of the things from those two because I've read the opinions of other, well-informed, people. They know what's mary sue and what's good and bad by TV standards and for a moment open my eyes to it so I see it as well. Most people like and dislike Hasbro but I don;t think there are many who outright hate and dispise it. Those are my two bits, enjoy them while I go get a job cause I'm broke now.
Broly Ultimatrix

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Broly Ultimatrix wrote:it didn't have the same effort put into it as the other episodes

Yeah, everybody knows it's way easier to make an episode filled with songs and music than to make a regular episode, because composers and lyricists can make songs in like two seconds.

Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 am

Yeah, man, I think you're mistaking a time limitation for a lack of hard work.
Yuki-Anne

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:11 pm

November 23: Season 4 begins! And DW's 50th Anniversary! The fun has been doubled!
rocklobster

Postby raider~joseph » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 pm

*Peaks head into topic*
God its dusty in here. This thread died huh? Aw what the heck. It will at least be amusing to see what people respond to this saying. Okay I'll say it.

Im still a brony. Old school Love and Tolerate Orbital...NO WAIT THEY SHOT DOWN ORBITAL FRIENDSHIP CANNON! TOT!!!

So anyway...The 23rd a new ep will be brought into the world. Thoughts on the new season?
raider~joseph

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:40 am

Here's my thoughts on the episodes so far:
1. Princess Twilight Sparkle: And here the fans thought she was going to be a Mary Sue. Twilight is just as vulnerable as she always was. Discord played the Trickster Mentor card well. Ending was a bit rushed.
2. Castle Mane-ia: A new writer? Well, anyway, the story was pretty good. Loved the fact that Rainbow and Applejack were still competitive. (I wanted to see more of that.) Although the reveal was kinda weak. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Pinkie Pie was playing the organ the whole time? Really? What a letdown.
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 am

"Daring Don't" Is it just me, or has Dave Polsky actually begun to improve since last season? I'm not saying he's an excellent writer, but this has to be his best script yet. Unlike some internet reviewers on Youtube, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I liked the idea of AK Yearling and Daring Do being one and the same.
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:17 am

I'm one of the ones who liked MMC and rates season 3 as the best season of all, so I went into season 4 with high hopes. Unfortunately, the first two episodes didn't live up to them.

The first episode was pretty good, actually. I have no complaints about it, it was very well done. It's the second where things fell apart.

First, too much of the episode was devoted to showing things that happened in the past. I feel like this is something that could have been better focused on in another episode, not to mention the deus ex machina of Zecora just happening to have a potion that can only be activated by alicorn magic (how did she know what it does?). I can ignore that because kids' show, but what I can't ignore is that the flashbacks ate up too much of the episode's time, leading everything else to be rushed due to time constraints. Then, they go off to the forest. The group makes completely legitimate complaints that Twilight is the de facto leader of Equestria right now, and can't be risking her life because if something happens to her, the country is more or less without leadership and completely hosed. So she runs back to Ponyville...only to run back to the Everfree Forest after speaking with Discord for about two minutes, making the previous scene--you guessed it--entirely pointless!

And not only that, but when she gets back to the forest, she immediately gets ambushed by a group of plants that nearly kill her...thus proving that her friends were 100% correct and she could have been killed, and then the country would have been doomed! She also forgot how to use her magic to attack things to put her in danger! Which was necessary because if she hadn't forgotten by word of the writers, she could have wiped out all the plants easily. This is bad writing!

So then Twilight figures out what to do because otherwise she would have had no reason to be there, and the day is saved, and then a box appears...because! Why did a box appear? Because! Why would a tree have a box in it? Because!

Yeah, maybe they'll explain why there was a box inside the tree but I'm not holding my breath, pretty sure they're never going to explain it and that's crap.

So yeah. Hopefully the rest of the season will be better, but the second episode was just atrocious, hands down the absolute worst episode ever made.

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:29 pm

"Flight to the Finish" Really good CMC episode here. Loved it when RD came in and scolded Scootaloo for ditching her friends.
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:25 am

I believe Dave Polsky and Merriwether Williams have both improved greatly in seasons 3 and 4. More Coco Pommel, please?
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:40 pm

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: DERPY! DERPY IS BACK! Still want to complain, Nate?
rocklobster

Postby Hikaru » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I just love fluttershy. She's my absolute favorite! (Although pinkie pie and rainbow dash come close) btw, does anyone know were I can watch season 4 online?
Hikaru

Postby radical edward » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:16 am

not legally
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:03 pm

The hub website has been putting episodes up, though only the current one and the previous are avaliable, not the entire season.

http://www.hubnetwork.com/shows/my-litt ... ry_tid=574

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:47 am

MLP is available on Netflix. :) Not sure if season 4 is up yet.

I am so far behind. Just started season 3 not long ago.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby radical edward » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:35 am

Season 4 is up now!
FKA rocklobster
radical edward

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:30 am

Sorry for the gravedig, but ep 100 happened. Doctor Whooves is super amazing special awesome canon now. Allons-y!

Also, Bon-bon (or whatever her real name was) and Lyra live together. So do Vinyl and Octavia.

This episode was crazy and fun and stupid and fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fantasia » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:33 pm

I think "Slice of Life" was a great episode! I really enjoyed seeing the personalities of background characters brought to life, and I don't even read fanfiction. M.A. Larson did a good job making these mostly fandom-created characters fit in with rest of the show.

It's great that My Little Pony continues to be a quality show, even after so many episodes.
Fantasia

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:25 am

"Slice of Life" was quite a novel episode indeed. Although she wasn't named in the episode I think "Muffins" is a good substitute name for Derpy in light of the controversy.

Season 5 is supposed to return starting September 12. Though, the fact Zap2it shows there will be three Rarity episodes in a row makes me scratch my head. The only rationale I can come up with is that she hasn't had an episode centered on her yet, so they're making up for lost time.
Zeldafan2

Postby TsubasaKamen » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Sheenar wrote:MLP is available on Netflix. :) Not sure if season 4 is up yet.

I am so far behind. Just started season 3 not long ago.

Looks like I'll be subscribing to Netflix! I LOVE MLP! :D
"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." - 1 Corinthians 3:18.
TsubasaKamen

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment