Young Justice

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby rocklobster » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:16 pm

I still follow it. I like how they keep you guessing about whether people are with "the Light" or not.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:52 pm

"Dude, she's your sister!" XD;;

Also, I really liked Amanda Waller. She reminded me of Olivier Armstrong. :3

According to Wikipedia, next episode's main players are Artemis and Robin.

Yessssss. 8]
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:27 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Waller is the leader of the Suicide Squad, a shady team of villains working for the government. At least, that's what she does in the normal DC universe. I don't know if that's still the case.
Yeah, I know a lot of stuff about the DC universe. I'm a nerd.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Popyman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:13 pm

I haven't seen much of this show...When does it come on now? Is it as good as the Teen Titans show was?
Popyman

Postby battletech » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 am

Popyman (post: 1507158) wrote:I haven't seen much of this show...When does it come on now? Is it as good as the Teen Titans show was?

Fridays at 6:30 PM Eastern.
"Is it as good as Teen Titans was?' That depends on who answers the question.
If you like Teen Titans you will probably like this. This show is more mature then Teen Titans was.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:52 pm

So, this week we've pretty much cleared the name of the obvious mole. And, uh, my sister explained to me in very clear language that the mole was in fact
[spoiler]Red Tornado[/spoiler]
which I somehow missed, but once I realized it thought it was brilliantly done. My sister is a very patient person.

Also, because my sister is clever, she noticed
[spoiler]Cheshire is Artemis's older sister. [/spoiler]
I don't know what was wrong with me this week. XD;

@Popyman: I think I'm enjoying this show more than I do Teen Titans, but they're pretty different in tone. So far Young Justice doesn't do silly episodes, and doesn't have any obvious anime influences. However, this season's [serious] overarching plot thus far has been pretty cool, and I'm really looking forward to whatever's coming.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:39 am

I'm glad to see that Artemis is starting to see the group as a family. Superhero teams tend to work best as a family unit: the X-men, the Fantastic Four, and the Titans all were families in a sense.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:57 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1508079) wrote:So, this week we've pretty much cleared the name of the obvious mole. And, uh, my sister explained to me in very clear language that the mole was in fact
[spoiler]Red Tornado[/spoiler]
which I somehow missed, but once I realized it thought it was brilliantly done. My sister is a very patient person.

I don't know, I don't see it. I think [spoiler] he got hacked at the end there.[/spoiler]

[quote]Also, because my sister is clever, she noticed
[spoiler]Cheshire is Artemis's older sister. [/spoiler]
I don't know what was wrong with me this week. XD]
That I saw.

My crazy theory on the mole:
[spoiler]Everyone has decided that Artemis is the mole, I don't see anyone else who could be but I hope that's not all that's going on. I hope that she's not just acting as a spy for the bad guys, but also as a double agent for ... Idk Batman. That way we can have her end on the side of good and avoid all the redemption tropes, the heartfelt pleas and such, I've seen them all too many times and I'd like to see something original.[/spoiler]

I'm kinda bummed the didn't do a nod to talk like a pirate day, just a little reference.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 pm

I didn't really like last week's episode. Captain Marvel didn't even do much, except give Aqualad some advice. I mean, he's supposed to be this really awesome superhero, especially since he's one of the few who can actually do real damage to Superman (Captain Marvel's powers are magic-based and Superman is vulnerable to magic, fyi)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:34 pm

What about this week's eh, Rock?

Neat head games or cheap cop-out?

I liked it, interesting premise, and you know that they're going to squirm out of it from the beginning.
MomentOfInertia

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 am

I thought it was the best episode so far this season. I was really shocked when [spoiler]It was bascially the Young Justice version of a Kobayashi Maru (Star trek talk for "no-win scenario"). But what shocked me even more was when J'onn said Meg'ann was the strongest telepath. Even stronger than HIM! :wow!:[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:58 am

New episodes again, Saturday 10:30AM.

Discuss.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:55 am

[redacted]
Last edited by Zeldafan2 on Wed May 16, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeldafan2

Postby rocklobster » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:49 am

I thought it was so heartwarming when
[spoiler]Kid Flash kept the bag the donated heart was in as a souvenir[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Yeah, that was rather sweet. He could have kept the other thing, but decided to keep that. That was a sweet episode. But not much development time for the characters besides Flash in these episodes.

Take Aqualad for example, I am waiting for him to show some character flaws, or something to distinguish him.
Zeldafan2

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 pm

CN thank you for *finally* airing more of these.
Zeldafan2 (post: 1539247) wrote:Yeah, that was rather sweet. He could have kept the other thing, but decided to keep that. That was a sweet episode. But not much development time for the characters besides Flash in these episodes.

Take Aqualad for example, I am waiting for him to show some character flaws, or something to distinguish him.

Aqualad already had an entire episode focused on him--#8, "Downtime". I think they've spread the character development pretty evenly thus far, actually.

This week's ("Coldhearted") was good, but last week's was better. More kids facing crises with maturity, please.

Also, those DC shorts are the coolest things ever. There was one by Aardman! *fangirls*

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Well, I can see what you mean. I am rather excited to see how this all ties together when we get to the end of this season.
Zeldafan2

Postby airichan623 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 pm

rocklobster (post: 1539218) wrote:I thought it was so heartwarming when
[spoiler]Kid Flash kept the bag the donated heart was in as a souvenir[/spoiler]

*sniffle* me too.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but one of my friends has been dragging me to the gym to watch it with her on the TVs and I'm kinda liking it. Artemis is cool.

Also, Zelda fan, you did Spoiler wrong.

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Ah, I didn't know this thread existed. I like the show ok enough but mostly just because it shows Batman being a great dad. The Super father and son however are easily the worst parts of the show, and this is said by a dude who loves Superman.
Solid Ronin

Postby Zeldafan2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:59 am

airichan623 (post: 1539432) wrote:*sniffle* me too.

I'm not a huge fan of it, but one of my friends has been dragging me to the gym to watch it with her on the TVs and I'm kinda liking it. Artemis is cool.

Also, Zelda fan, you did Spoiler wrong.

You're right. I keep forgetting how to do it.

Ronin, I understand your opinion, but I would personally say it is a pretty good show.
Zeldafan2

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:53 pm

For those who didn't understand why Miss Martian's true identity was a big deal
[spoiler]Let's just say the White Martians and Green Martians, like J'onn, aren't exactly the best of friends.[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:01 pm

"Maybe it's a coincidence." Oh Connor, you are so trusting!

Anyway. I think I liked what the writers were doing in this episode, and it wasn't bad to watch, but part of me yearns for more awesomeness on level with "Failsafe" (or the more-attainable "Denial"). This episode really could've been done a bit better.
[spoiler]Also, I'm really not sure what to think of M'gann right now. Okay, I can see keeping that secret from the team--for now--but she's getting all kissy with someone she has to pretend and lie around. Yeah, crushes and crap screw with your thinking, but... I'd hope you'd plan to tell him some time, at least?

And I'm a bit confused about what J'onn knows. I assume he knows she's white, so did he tell her to keep it secret from the Justice League, or is she just assuming the hatred against white martians exists on Earth, too? If the latter, I'd think J'onn would've set her straight by now.[/spoiler]
rocklobster (post: 1540819) wrote:For those who didn't understand why Miss Martian's true identity was a big deal
[spoiler]Let's just say the White Martians and Green Martians, like J'onn, aren't exactly the best of friends.[/spoiler]

I think it was mentioned in passing in another episode, too, but without a reason given. Why are they like that?

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Souba » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm

[color="RoyalBlue"]I've been loving the show since day one. My fav or course are Robin, Wally, and Superboy. It's a great show with sidekicks acting as undercover co op teams, pretty cool and LOVE that they showed a school girl Babs in one episode hope they bring her back. ^^
Souba[/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:29 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1540884) wrote:I think it was mentioned in passing in another episode, too, but without a reason given. Why are they like that?

[SPOILER]In most continuities Green martians are meditative and peaceful, while White martians are warlike and violent. If they follow that continuity, it's because greens are afraid of the destructive tendency of the white martians, even though the whole color thing is a choice and in most versions greens and whites are actually the same race, essentially with different philosophies (though with all their powers being mental, that may have some additional effects). I'm not sure if this is the case in Young Justice, since it's essentially a brand new continuity, and they've been revamping origins all over the place (looks at Garfield Logan and Artemis).[/SPOILER]

I'm slowly catching up on this show and I'm loving it so far. I'd go as far as calling it the great long awaited Teen Titans sequel, despite it being entirely unrelated. It has the same (and in some cases better) depth of plot, humor and drama, and I'm really enjoying all of the portrayals in the show.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:06 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1542143) wrote:[SPOILER]In most continuities Green martians are meditative and peaceful, while White martians are warlike and violent. If they follow that continuity, it's because greens are afraid of the destructive tendency of the white martians, even though the whole color thing is a choice and in most versions greens and whites are actually the same race, essentially with different philosophies (though with all their powers being mental, that may have some additional effects). I'm not sure if this is the case in Young Justice, since it's essentially a brand new continuity, and they've been revamping origins all over the place (looks at Garfield Logan and Artemis).[/SPOILER]

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 pm

[spoiler]Last week's episode was great. I especially liked all the scenes where they showed the League considering new members. Especially when Wonder Woman confronted Batman on recruiting Robin at such a young age.
Wonder Woman: "So he'd turn out like you?"
Batman: "So he wouldn't."[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:58 pm

I agree Rock.

Next time though, could you put that first sentence outside the spoiler box.
MomentOfInertia

Postby Zeldafan2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:55 pm

The episode itself was good. But it did not explain...
[spoiler] What the favor was that Queen Bee had asked of Miss Martian. No explanation on Garfield's whereabouts either. I found this dissapointing. But the plot was overall pretty good, and the discussion of another team memeber was good as well.
Captain Marvel: You know, there is another Green Lanter on Earth..
Hal and John: No.
Captain Marvel: But Guy Gardner could really...
Hal and John: No. [/spoiler]
Zeldafan2

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 am

Zeldafan, Guy Gardner is the biggest jerk to ever wield a Green Lantern Ring. That's why both Hal and John said no. Everyone in the Corp hates him. I mean, this is the guy who once punched Batman in the face in the comic book version of the League. You do not punch Batman in the face!

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Zeldafan2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 am

I understand now why they wouldn't want him, I just thought that interchange was humorous, as well as a few others in the episode.
Zeldafan2

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment