First look at Andrew Garfield as Spider-man

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby AngelicTotoro » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1492626) wrote:Wow the trailer sucked. I mean it looks like a cross between Harry Potter and Twilight. What the heck is with the first person mode? That better not be in the movie. Peter Parker is not emo. He was a nerd and that is why he was picked on. This movie makes him look like Edward Cullen. Also neck webbing? Why was it coming out there? Also the quips? We don't know that they are in. We know of a quip about how he makes fun of a crook who mistakes him for a police officer and than he does a melodramatic fake, on his knees, pleading for his life which doesn't seem like anything Spider-man would do. It seems rather out of place. I mean the fake pleading that is. Why can't Sony just give up the rights for their characters and let Marvel have them back so we can get good movies. I miss the day when Spider-man was my favorite Marvel hero but between his media appearances and the crap that has been done with him in the comics that spot has moved.

That is exactly how I feel about it, wolfman.
I can't believe they actually did this to the spiderman series, it's a crime I tell you! A crime!
He's been my favorite super hero ever since I was a little kid...
THIS is why I hate the twilight crowd, the stupid people who are now in charge of writing and directing movies are trying to get THEM to come see it.
I mean, I thought having Peter be super emo in the 3rd movie of the last series was bad??? So how come he's emo all over again? I didn't hear one joke or anything that was remotely spiderman-ish in that entire trailer. If it wasn't for the costume I wouldn't even have known which superhero he was supposed to be! You failed again SONY! :mutter:
GIVE ME BACK MY SPIDEY!!! :rant:
(I know he's a fictional character, relax... I'm just rather P.Oed about this right now.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Since when are jokes suppose to be important to a trailer that gives us the basic storyline?

I love the Spider-Man quips (preferably from Spectacular Spider-Man) and I really hate the emo hair.

And I'm pretty sure that first person thing at the end was for the trailer. And even if it's in the the movie, It'll probably only be once....at the end.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Okami » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:07 pm

So, wearing a hoodie with its hood up = being emo? Because otherwise I'm not following you guys on that statement.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

He looks more like James Franco...

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Honestly, the trailer was going for a certain mood, and I think that's why they didn't show the humorous aspect of Peter's character. But they hinted at it with Gwen telling him, "You'd better not get me in trouble." That, to me, hints at a prankster kind of feel to the guy. Showing a quipping Spiderman would break the mood of the trailer, but I doubt it was an accurate portrayal of every aspect of the character. People expect their Superheroes to be dark. When most people see a funny trailer, they expect a comedy. The trend of superhero movies has been toward the gritty and down-to-earth, and that's what's selling the tickets, so that's what they decided to focus on.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Wolf-man (post: 1492626) wrote:Wow the trailer sucked. I mean it looks like a cross between Harry Potter and Twilight. What the heck is with the first person mode? That better not be in the movie. Peter Parker is not emo. He was a nerd and that is why he was picked on. This movie makes him look like Edward Cullen. Also neck webbing? Why was it coming out there? Also the quips? We don't know that they are in. We know of a quip about how he makes fun of a crook who mistakes him for a police officer and than he does a melodramatic fake, on his knees, pleading for his life which doesn't seem like anything Spider-man would do. It seems rather out of place. I mean the fake pleading that is. Why can't Sony just give up the rights for their characters and let Marvel have them back so we can get good movies. I miss the day when Spider-man was my favorite Marvel hero but between his media appearances and the crap that has been done with him in the comics that spot has moved.

There is nothing in this trailer that is emo, nor does any of it look like Twilight. What specifically seems like Twilight to you?

Peter Parker being a nerd isn't entirely accurate. He liked science and was picked on. That doesn't make him a nerd, as it's not like they showed him playing DnD or reading fantasy books. Besides, nerd culture is pop-culture these days. Being a nerd no longer makes you an outsider, so I would not be surprised to see him not doing too many nerdy things.

As far as quips go: That's two Spidey jokes in what amounted to about five minutes of footage. Two more than is found in the entire Raimi Trilogy.

Also...

Cognitive Gear

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:49 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1492788) wrote:There is nothing in this trailer that is emo, nor does any of it look like Twilight. What specifically seems like Twilight to you?

Absolutely nothing in that trailer reminded me of Twilight nor anything related to being emo. There were no constipated stares of love nor pasty sparkly spiders. There is nothing remotely eno about Peter Parker's appearance or actions in that trailer.

Cognitive Gear (post: 1492788) wrote:Peter Parker being a nerd isn't entirely accurate. He liked science and was picked on. That doesn't make him a nerd, as it's not like they showed him playing DnD or reading fantasy books. Besides, nerd culture is pop-culture these days. Being a nerd no longer makes you an outsider, so I would not be surprised to see him not doing too many nerdy things.

This. Peter Parker was a socially awkward geek in the comics, not a nerd.
Yamamaya

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:14 pm

I don't really get it. Why are they rebooting Spiderman? The last trilogy isn't that old. Peter pulling web out of what looked like a giant zit was uncalled for... It made my scalp crawl.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1493091) wrote:I don't really get it. Why are they rebooting Spiderman? The last trilogy isn't that old. Peter pulling web out of what looked like a giant zit was uncalled for... It made my scalp crawl.

Why the reboot? Because, most business men want this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Nate » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I don't really get it. Why are they rebooting Spiderman? The last trilogy isn't that old.

I think it was Phil that posted the reason earlier in this thread? It boils down to, the actors for the original trilogy were only contracted for the three movies, and after how much criticism the third film got, most of them probably weren't interested in coming back for another one.

And so, they figured why not, just reboot the whole series since they'd have to recast pretty much everyone anyway. As to why they're so eager to make another one, that's because Sony will continue to hold the rights to the Spider-Man movies hostage so long as they keep making the movies.

Which means Spider-Man will never be in an Avengers movie. Same for the Fantastic Four or X-Men (because Fox owns those).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:50 am

I see. Just seems a bit silly to me still. I wonder if they'll reboot X-men since the third movie sucked.

So, they're going to have a bit of an incomplete cast for the Avenger's movie? :\
Shao Feng-Li

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 am

Actually, it's because Sam Raimi didn't like the script that was written for the fourth film. Sam Raimi left, believing he didn't have enough time to make the project creatively as possible. Tobey Maguire thus no longer wanted to work on the film if Sam wasn't on the series anymore.

SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Nate » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I see. Just seems a bit silly to me still. I wonder if they'll reboot X-men since the third movie sucked.

You never saw any ads for X-Men First Class?

As for what Ferb said, ah, okay. I think that was part of it too, but I remember hearing that the chick who played Mary Jane (whose name escapes me at the moment) at least didn't want to do any more movies either way.

Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 pm

I saw First Class and it wasn't a remake of any of the three movies... But it was way better than X Men 3.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1493382) wrote:I saw First Class and it wasn't a remake of any of the three movies... But it was way better than X Men 3.

It wasn't a remake it was a prequel setting up a new (hopefully better) series of films.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:13 am

I know that but Nate seems to be calling it there a reboot.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:I know that but Nate seems to be calling it there a reboot.

That's...that's what a reboot is. When you take an existing franchise and start it over as if the previous movies didn't happen... o.O

Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am

Oops. I misread Fragger's post. No wonder I was confused. So the Xmen Trilogy is being abandoned the the three Spiderman movies? I thought First Class was just another Origins story adding to the Trilogy. They even take a scene right out of the first movie.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby bakura91 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Definitley gonna see It cuz I LOVE comic books spider man included, but I still think the casting was perfect in the first one, I think Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker isn't as close to the character as Tobey Maguires.
bakura91

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm

bakura91 (post: 1494765) wrote:Definitley gonna see It cuz I LOVE comic books spider man included, but I still think the casting was perfect in the first one, I think Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker isn't as close to the character as Tobey Maguires.

Can I borrow your time machine? ;)
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Edward » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:16 pm

This looks like it will be pretty good. I like how it's called "The Amazing Spiderman", and how Perer is skinny in this one. Hopefully this movie will have plenty of quips to go around. I just hope not too much time is spent on the origin story, as everyone knows it already. And I really hope that the first person perspective, which looks like it was taken straight from Mirrors Edge isn't done in the actual movie.

And I seriously don't get the whole 'emo' thing. Nothing about the trailer says 'emo' to me. And the reason Parker was 'emo' in the last movie was because of the symbiote, wasn't it?

edit: Yes!, finally the Lizard is going to be the main antagonist. I've always been hoping to see that. And I really like how Spidey has mechanical web shooters this time.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby bakura91 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 pm

I think it'll be cool though. I can't wait till when they release some footage of the lizard and more shots of Spidey swinging around the city. Glad they have Gwen Stacy this time that'll be interesting.

Hey wait if they have Gwen Stacy does that mean she.....SPOILERS.... Never mind!
bakura91

Postby battletech » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby bakura91 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Sweet I'm Actually really loving the costumes new design, still cant wait to see Conners after turning into the lizard!
bakura91

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:07 am

I kind liked the costume at first, then disliked, now like it again.

SincerelyAnomymous

Postby battletech » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Here is a pic of the web shooters.
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/41063/slide_41063_324868_large.jpg?1312860178635
As you can see they are on his wrist not attached to the suit.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby bakura91 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:45 am

re-watched the 1st Spiderman movie the other day. I'm Glad that this one like the first two films will just focus on one villain.
bakura91

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 am

I'm, sadly to say, not a comic guy. I don't really follow them and I don't know what I should want the movies to be like, but I do know one thing via spidy fan friends... And hearing Gwen Stacy say "I'm in trouble" was the best part of that trailer, I guess, from that perspective.

I'm glad they're not going back to Green Goblin... Anyhow. I never viewed "First Class" as a reboot, considering how they tied it into the first Xmen movie, but at the same time the "Xavier becomes paralyzed" thing was... drastically different than the trilogy, so... I just thought it was a particularly egregious *sip* disregard for the story they'd established... I guess a partial reboot makes sense, then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby smallvillefreak » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:25 pm

At first I was very skeptical about this movie. But so many things have moved in a positive direction and I really think I'm going to love this movie. Mechanical web-shooters. That was my biggest problem with the original trilogy. Mechanical web-shooters, there's nothing I enjoy saying more than mechanical web-shooters.
smallvillefreak

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 pm

I couldn't care less about the web shooters, the movie still looks awesome. Not a comic book fan at all and I avoid most comic book movies but I'm looking forward to this one after that. I like this spiderman a lot better than Toby Maguire TBH. Just from what I've seen anyway. Toby never impressed me and there was something annoying in the way he delivered his lines and stuff. This guy is a lot more how I pictured Peter and doesn't sound so annoying.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment