First look at Andrew Garfield as Spider-man

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I noticed they hid the silver slippers. I've seen some production photos and spiderman has a silver slipper design at the very bottom of his boots... but I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be there or if they just had him wear those for running and stuff when we don't see his legs so they don't wear the costume out or something. The parts with the silver slipper design are conveniently hidden in the dark in this photo. I'm not sure if it's cause they didn't wanna shock fans with such an ugly design... or they got rid of them and the dark around the feet is just to be artistic.

Other than the silver lining booties, I like the costume...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1459194) wrote:I noticed they hid the silver slippers. I've seen some production photos and spiderman has a silver slipper design at the very bottom of his boots... but I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be there or if they just had him wear those for running and stuff when we don't see his legs so they don't wear the costume out or something. The parts with the silver slipper design are conveniently hidden in the dark in this photo. I'm not sure if it's cause they didn't wanna shock fans with such an ugly design... or they got rid of them and the dark around the feet is just to be artistic.

Other than the silver lining booties, I like the costume...

Yeah, I think that the silver boots were protection for the stuntmen. It would be pretty easy to conceal or alter in post production. The boots are incredibly weird looking and really are opposed to the rest of the suit design.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah, buddy. This is gonna rock.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 pm

The official Teaser is up!

Interesting. This really focuses a lot on the origin, it seems. Hopefully a future trailer will indicate what the film's sense of humor is, because that is the one thing that I think will make or break it for me. I'm looking for Spidey's infamous quips.

That last sequence was pretty awesome, but I can't imagine it being in the final movie. The CG just stands out too much.
Cognitive Gear

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:50 am

Do we have to see an origin story in each superhero movie? If a movie is good, go back and make a prequel... the origin will be much more interesting then. I wish they would skip these origin stories. They're all the same. Just drop us in the middle already after they've been established as a hero of the city or whatever.

I'll see this though. I like the look. I like the tone in the trailer. I like Peter much better in this one (from what I've seen but I thought Garfield was great in the Social Network and he's more appealing than Maguire).
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 am

It seems like in this case the origin is a lot more important to the story of the movie as a whole (Iron Man like) with the whole talk about secrets and the deal with his parents.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby battletech » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

[spoiler] It looks like it's going to have more in it about his parents government work. [/spoiler]
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 am

Hm, I'm actually not to sure how I feel about this. Why are they making a new movie anyway? The other more recent Spiderman movies aren't even that old yet, I don't understand the need for a reboot. Am I missing something?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:27 am

The third movie. Pretty much wrecked the franchise.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 am

How so? I don't even remember much from it other then the fact it involved Venom.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Okami » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:45 am

"Emo" Parker says it all...

It's already looking better as a movie than the previous three in my opinion. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 pm

There's actually some legal issues involved with the Spider-man movies.

Basically, Sony owns the rights to the Spider-man movies. They will keep them indefinitely, just as long as they keep making them.

So since Spider-man 3 was a trainwreck, and the contracts they had with the actors had expired (giving the actors a chance to ask for much, much more money), making another sequel made no sense. Thus, a reboot.
Cognitive Gear

Postby GeneD » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1491948) wrote:I'm looking for Spidey's infamous quips.
Now that's the Spidey we know and love. I really hope they have his his humour in this new movie. I might never watch another live action Spiderman if they don't.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Kitsune » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:42 pm

I don't even remember much from it other then the fact it involved Venom.

yes...the whole ten minutes he appeared on screen >.> Don't get me wrong if there was one redeeming factor for that movie for me it was seeing my absolute favorite comic book character on screen...but he needed way more then ten minutes! and as Okami said... Emo Peter *shudder*

As a fan of the Spidey comics I could not be more excited for this reboot, the trailer makes me all geeky inside 8D from what I've read I'm pleased with the way it's coming along, it sounds a lot more accurate than the previous movies.

I'm looking for Spidey's infamous quips.

Yes! You and me both, it's just not Spidey for me without X3 that's one of the reasons I love him so much
[color="Red"]Jim Butcher has forever corrupted my mind! ...and I have absolutely no problem with that 8D[/color]
Kitsune

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:46 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1492006) wrote:How so? I don't even remember much from it other then the fact it involved Venom.

Thet's part of the problem. It was unmemorable, for the most part, and what people do remember isn't good. They remember the failure of a venom they had. They remember emo-peter and his dance of evil. They remember the huge plot holes (seriously the scientists thought a guy that stumbled into their experiment was a bird??) and they remember it being painfully unfunny. It was actuvely booed when I saw it opening night.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby bakura91 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:27 pm

As a huge Marvel comics fan I'm REALLY excited for a new spiderman movie. I think even though to me Tobey Maguire was the PERFECT Peter Parker its gonna be cool to see another take on the character!
bakura91

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Reports from the Comic Con footage are all over the internet. Apparently, the quips are in. This is a good sign.
Cognitive Gear

Postby battletech » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 pm

This teaser is a lot better then the Batman one. ;)
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Okami » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1492217) wrote:Reports from the Comic Con footage are all over the internet. Apparently, the quips are in. This is a good sign.

Party time? :jump:
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:18 am

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:30 am

This isn't Pinkie Pie.

This isn't Pinkie Pie at all.
Yamamaya

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:31 pm

The trailer makes me as happy as...well...this guy.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/2003839490.gif
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:26 pm

I like. :thumb:

Yamamaya (post: 1492299) wrote:This isn't Pinkie Pie.

This isn't Pinkie Pie at all.

I laughed a lot at this.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1491963) wrote:Do we have to see an origin story in each superhero movie? If a movie is good, go back and make a prequel... the origin will be much more interesting then.

Spider-Man The Movie: Now with 100% less Spider-Man. No, see that doesn't work.

While I do like they they're going with the true to comic age for Parker, the fact that they kept the stupid sliver slippers is silly. The only thing I can really groan over now is that its not a Marvel Universe movie.
Solid Ronin

Postby Wolf-man » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 am

Wow the trailer sucked. I mean it looks like a cross between Harry Potter and Twilight. What the heck is with the first person mode? That better not be in the movie. Peter Parker is not emo. He was a nerd and that is why he was picked on. This movie makes him look like Edward Cullen. Also neck webbing? Why was it coming out there? Also the quips? We don't know that they are in. We know of a quip about how he makes fun of a crook who mistakes him for a police officer and than he does a melodramatic fake, on his knees, pleading for his life which doesn't seem like anything Spider-man would do. It seems rather out of place. I mean the fake pleading that is. Why can't Sony just give up the rights for their characters and let Marvel have them back so we can get good movies. I miss the day when Spider-man was my favorite Marvel hero but between his media appearances and the crap that has been done with him in the comics that spot has moved.
Wolf-man

Postby mkalv » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 am

I liked the teaser, and I am sure that the film will be good, but... I still miss the original trilogy.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:24 pm

I somehow completely missed the teaser for this movie. XD Honestly I think it looks pretty fabulous. XD I'm glad they're going back to Gwen Stacy, I'm glad they're rebooting from the origin, and I think that Andrew Garfield is going to be pretty awesome in the role. I'm looking forward to other trailers to show more of what's going to be in the film, but for now, this looks pretty promising. XD Also, I'm pleased to see they've adopted a somewhat darker tone (though I am definitely hoping for lots of quips and one-liners)--if the movie is true to the comics at all, I can't imagine this one having a happy ending.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm actually hoping Gwen Stacy's story will be same as the comic, y'know, to add drama to the storyline and character development for Peter.

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:37 pm

My guess is:

[spoiler]She will not die until the second or third movie, if at all. I think that the first movie is going to really focus on the origin story, and end on a relatively high note. This would give the audience time to appreciate Gwen and Peter as a couple, and give them some room to show the clashing personalities that Gwen and MJ often (thought not always) have.

Plus I mean, the studios get final say when it comes to big character deaths, and time has shown that they are very wary of taking big risks that can cause negative reactions in audiences. [/spoiler]
Cognitive Gear

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Edit: Oops.

SincerelyAnomymous

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment