Winnie the Pooh (2011)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 am

Director: Stephen J. Anderson
Voice Actors:Jim Cummings, Craig Ferguson, Tom Kenny, and Gilbert Gottfried.
Release Date: July 15, 2011

[quote="Official Synopsis"]Walt Disney Animation Studios returns to the Hundred Acre Wood with “Winnie the Pooh,â€
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:07 pm

This actually kind of excites me. It looks like they're getting back to the old style from the original show, with the book and everything, with some more modern animation tricks. It also looks like they're not going to change the heart of Winnie the Pooh's style for cheap laughs. At least, I hope they don't. They tend to do that these days when they remake old classics, but this trailer gives me hope that they won't do that here.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 pm

So excited. A. A. Milne's books were some of my favorites growing up, and this trailer makes me so incredibly happy (also a Keane song! And so well-picked! XD). I can't wait. XD

EDIT: Also Yuki, my assumption is that since the movie is based on A. A. Milne's stories, it's going to be awesome and not at all stupid or cheesy. Because A. A. Milne is fantastic. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 am

AWW this looks amazing! I nearly cried during the trailer because it just looks SO sweet!

(that and I was expecting a live action horror-fest...but I was sooo happy that it's not going to be!)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:34 am

I might check this out. Winnie the Pooh is one of the adaptations Disney has gotten right. Besides, Jim Cummings is involved, and he's one of Disney's best talents.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:00 am

I must admit, when someone I know first told me about this I was skeptical, but then I saw the picture and that they were trying to keep to the old and wonderful spirit of Winnie the Pooh, I felt comforted. But I shant be happy until I see the movie and know they didn't screw up XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby TWWK » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:20 am

SO excited. SOOO excited. Looks like a return to form...hopefully...please?

I think this may be the first movie we take our son to see in the theater...
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby A88mph » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Ahh, memories :)

The last time I saw my childhood friend was in Kingdon Hearts.

But I will say this: If they mess this up, it will hurt Winnie the Pooh fans harder then the Destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek 3. (and that hurt man :sniffle:)
A88mph

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 pm

This looks promising!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby steenajack » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:37 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! 8D! I can't wait! <-Is a huge Winnie the Pooh fan
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Arya Raiin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 pm

^.^ YES! I am so happy now... I hope this is good. I'll cry if it isn't! I loved Pooh Bear when I was little. :grin:
Arya Raiin

Postby Roberts » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:44 am

What is this? I don't even.

The trailer fills me with all manner of childlike emotion and wonderment. You think it'd look odd going to see this at the theatre by oneself being, you know, a man?
Roberts

Postby Sheenar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:20 am

The original movie was one of my favorites growing up. After seeing the trailer, I am hopeful that they will stay true to the books and the spirit of the original movie.

Also, Craig Ferguson is Owl. :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TWWK » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 am

Sheenar (post: 1436936) wrote:Also, Craig Ferguson is Owl. :D

:o I love it! I just watched How to Train Your Dragon, and he was marvelous in it.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:20 am

I'm totally going to see this. I heart Winnie The Pooh (and I love him even more when he's not 3D!)
Atria35

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 pm

I am surprised and delighted to learn that this movie will not be in CG animation. Had I someone to go and see it with, I gladly would.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Sheenar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1437373) wrote:I am surprised and delighted to learn that this movie will not be in CG animation. Had I someone to go and see it with, I gladly would.

Why let that stop you? I gave up on having someone to go see movies with long ago --friends are too unpredictable on when they go/availability. So if I want to go see something, I just go.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General Entertainment