Worst openings in American animation

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Rap intro really fits the theme doesn't it? Seems like the 90s had a lot of inappropriate rap.

The early '90s in particular. Consider yourself fortunate you were barely cognizant of the world in general back then. The first couple years were rough. We kept tripping over carelessly strewn-about remnants of the '80s, you see.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435667) wrote:There's a bit in a rap song (I forget which one) about "Claimin' they Godzilla when they really Godzuki." Says it all, doesn't it.

Kind of like the Godzilla Geneology Bop?:grin:
Wolf-man

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:27 am

Peanut (post: 1435515) wrote:How about, Mr. T?

His smile scares me.

GET ME RAMBO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoaMpAqmgI&feature=related
Yamamaya

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:31 am

is it just me or does the idea of a Rambo cartoon being marketed to kids just seem wrong to you?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:34 am

rocklobster (post: 1438777) wrote:is it just me or does the idea of a Rambo cartoon being marketed to kids just seem wrong to you?

It seems wrong to me too. It seems like cartoons got away with a lot of crap during the 80s and 90s

Also CHUCK NORRIS CARTOON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX_sqxLWHig&feature=related
Yamamaya

Postby Edward » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:33 pm

[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Edward (post: 1438829) wrote:Chalk Zone

OMGOSH!!! I remember that... I concur 100%. I even thought so when I was a kid. -_-

Does it count if only half of it was a cartoon? I found out that apparently they were going to re-do Sailor Moon completely when it got to the US and make it half live action and half animated... The opening of that was pretty bad - worse than the actual dub opening that they wound up using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtkVMZA7Qwc

To quote the dude at the end... "Thank you for not doing that!"

I love anime openings, but I've found very few American openings I actually like. A lot of times, it seems like the Japanese actually consider putting up deep and thought-provoking songs for the opening, while we Americans are just obsessed with shouting the name of the show/main character as often as possible.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Previous

Return to General Entertainment